Gregory van der Wiel

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He confirmed to Sky last night that he wouldn't mind a move here, but insisted there had been no contact between us and his agent (although when saying that, he stopped making eye-contact, began to scratch his head, and looked a little awkward.)

He confirmed to Sky last night that he wouldn't mind a move here, but insisted there had been no contact between us and his agent (although when saying that, he stopped making eye-contact, began to scratch his head, and looked a little awkward.)

1407870-L.jpg

The thing is VDW is a much better player with Netherlands then Ajax. Maybe he is one of those players that picks up his performance when surrounded with better players.

This, he's always looked good when I've watched him playing for Holland.

The club have maybe realised in Ivanovic they have an excellent defensive RB, but need a separate option of a more offensive minded RB when taking the initiative against teams. If we were to buy Hulk and Hazard as our two wide men, both like to cut inside or drift so it is important to have two full backs who instinctively spot that space left and exploit it to stretch teams and get in behind. This is why the club maybe looking at him over other options.

And to be fair I believe Ashley Cole is one of a very select few full backs in the modern game who is both excellent offensively and defensively (hence why he's regularly hailed the best LB in the world)

paying around 8m for a guy that will play are the lower level teams doesnt seem like a bad deal. And I hate the person that wrote the article comparing him to Bonsingwa because that seemed to blind everyone to actual opinions about him.

I'd actually be pretty happy with vdW. I know a lot of people are fairly dismissive of his defence but we all saw what some good coaching did for David Luiz. He's been fantastic defensively recently. If there's a club in the Premier League that can coach him to be a more balanced right back it's Chelsea.

I'd actually be pretty happy with vdW. I know a lot of people are fairly dismissive of his defence but we all saw what some good coaching did for David Luiz. He's been fantastic defensively recently. If there's a club in the Premier League that can coach him to be a more balanced right back it's Chelsea.

Like we did in all those years Bos was with us. We coached him into a disaster!

Like we did in all those years Bos was with us. We coached him into a disaster!

Haha ok good point. I'm saying it more as in we've shown it CAN be done rather than we are unanimously successful, so I don't necessarily think it would pose an immediate problem, given that he'll likely sit on the bench behind Iva for a fair number of games.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You