Gregory van der Wiel

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I heard he has been rubbish for 2 seasons now.

Still quite young and he's been wanting a move for a while. So far this season Ajax are 10 points behind AZ and the whole team have been poor.

IMO he would do well at Chelsea or wherever he moves to. Excellent ability going past defenders and can put in decent crosses. He often cuts inside though but does it so well. I'm a big fan of his.

Really? I heard he has been rubbish for 2 seasons now.

That's what I hear from everyone who follows the dutch league too, even Ajax fans often says he has been bad and not close to being ready for a bigger club. Chelsea should go after a world class right back instead of another half arssed solution.

Still quite young and he's been wanting a move for a while. So far this season Ajax are 10 points behind AZ and the whole team have been poor.

IMO he would do well at Chelsea or wherever he moves to. Excellent ability going past defenders and can put in decent crosses. He often cuts inside though but does it so well. I'm a big fan of his.

I don't doubt his skills going forward, what i'm concerned about is his defending.

I don't even think we need a RB tbh - maybe a back-up - Ivan is very solid in that position.

Yeah, I am from Holland and coming from an Ajax family.. He is quite bad. My brother is a huge Ajax fan and he would love to see him go to Valencia, so Ajax can play Ligeon (a talent from their Youth Academy) in his place. That's says enough I think. I also think Holland isn't going to make it through the group stages at EURO2012 because Van der Wiel just isn't good enough to stop Portugal/Ronaldo.

We should be looking for the defender who can stop him or at least give him a hard time. Van der Wiel isn't that type of defender and his development has stagnated for the last couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Although both clubs are still in talks over a transfer fee, the Netherlands international has already completed negotiations with Valencia and will sign a five-year deal with los Che once they reach an agreement with the Eredivisie champions.

"The clubs are still negotiating, but I expect them to reach an agreement," Van der Wiel said to Eredivisie Live.

"I have already spoken with Valencia and have agreed terms. If everything goes according to plan, I will sign a five-year deal."

Van der Wiel added that he will definitely stay with Ajax until the end of the season and will not join Valencia until ahead of the 2012-13 campaign.

• 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You