Gregory van der Wiel

Wow, at people saying he's another Bosingwa. Just watch him at the European Championship this summer, maybe you'll turn around. He's way better defensively than Bosingwa could ever hope to be.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. We only bought Bosingwa because he impressed at Euros 2008 and look what has happened since then!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be so sure about that. We only bought Bosingwa because he impressed at Euros 2008 and look what has happened since then!

Remember, Bosingwa was a heck of a RB in his first season with Chelsea, but ever since those injuries he has never been the same :(

Remember, Bosingwa was a heck of a RB in his first season with Chelsea, but ever since those injuries he has never been the same :(

He was good under Scolari but even after the injuries he has had, there is still no excuses for his pathetic defending every time!

He was good under Scolari but even after the injuries he has had, there is still no excuses for his pathetic defending every time!

I think you're too harsh on that. His 1-on-1 defending is quite okay, but it's true that he isn't a defensive monster like Ivanovic.

its shocking how there are only a handful of quality full-backs across Europe

Yea, there's been a major decline. I'm actually of the belief the best right-back in the world is Sagna.

"Not a single club has shown a concrete interest in signing me so far, so I don't know where I will play next season," Van der Wiel told Goal.com.

"I have not said farewell to the club yet, and neither has Jan [Vertonghen]. We had agreed not to do so with the players whose future is still undecided."

He said that today!

Alex Sandro and Danilo are quite interesting. They are young and Porto already paid more than 20mio for them, unusual to their buying policy...If they grow, they will be extremely expensive.

I'm not saying we should buy him based on his performances with the national team. I belive I have some authority when it comes to VDW's qualities. Since I'm an Ajax fan and have watched pretty much all our games of the last two years. He's had some bad patches, but overall he's shown how good he can be. I said watch him at the EUROs because he tends to step up when there is actual pressure. I think he'd do well here, because he needs a challenge.

Chelsea, Madrid and Roma in three-way fight for Dutch star

http://www.talksport...tch-star-171783

I be kinda disappointed if we get him and not Azpilicueta.

But nonetheless, as it is known his contract got less time till expire, and thus Gregory might be cheaper. So if we are on budget, I can't complaint with such a buy if it where to happen.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You