Gregory van der Wiel

8 mil isn't too bad tbh and we DO need some cover.

JT is going to get a long ban which means we'll have to rely on Cahill & Luiz at CB which is fine but if one of them gets injured we'll have to move Ivanovic over.

Hutch and Kane are nowhere near ready to play consistently. Kane especially needs more development and a few loans.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports filtering through on the much doubted Twitter that we have agreed an 8 mill deal. Dutch media being the source but no link. Dont shoot the messenger

Ooh. Not my main choice to get for the RB position but gotta hope he can improve defensively, unlike Bosingwa, IF he does join us.

8m. for a 24(?) years old we lose nothing tbh, its either way a good buy, just like Marin.Would be happy to see this deal done.And its not like this guy is bad he is starter in Netherlands team.

I hear his defensive ability isn't great. True?

not true is has been brill everytime i seen him! i followed since i took a punt on him in a dream team and had a brilliant competition (world cup)

one person said hes like bosingwa and a few people read that and jus repeat it because they never seen him!!!

I hear his defensive ability isn't great. True?

True, but for £8m, he's not a bad buy. (not going to get a great all-around young RB for anything that cheap) We need cover for Ivanovic especially with terry likely to be suspended. Our lack of depth on the defence this year was really evident. It's also quite possible that he'll improve. Defensive positioning is something players can work on.

I'm reading a lot of "Van der Wiel will be good cover" - I highly doubt he'd join us to be 'cover'. He's the Netherlands starting right back, and wants to stay their number 1 right back.

It's like Lukaku - He was often starting for Belgium, and is now lucky to make sub appearances. He probably wouldn't have joined us so soon if he knew this was his fate.

If he joins, I expect he'll play an equal amount of games as Ivanovic.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You