Luka Modric

DavidEU

Win? At what? Yaya Toure's the most complete midfielder in the league, that's unfair :lol:

For the record, i've been advocating we sign Fellaini for a while now.

In a duel for the ball of course! Modric does have all the traits you listed but I think he is limited in his deeper role or just isn't suited to the 4-2-3-1 formation. I think Modric would be a beast in a 4-3-3 midfield trio like at Barcelona.

Cabaye - Modric

Mikel

Xavi - Iniesta

Busquets

While obviously not as talented as Barça's midfield I think it could very well get the job done. But the midfield of Cabaye, Modric and Mikel wouldn't be playing tiki taka like Barça.

Modric vs Yaya Touré

I wonder who would win?

I would rahter someone like Modric is a more forward position and someone will a bit more steel in the pivot, like Cabaye or Fellaini.

Yaya Toure vs Modric who would win at what? at controlling a midfield Modric all day long, Mata has already made Yaya look stupid season, Modric can easily do the same!

So you would rather Cabaye? how has he got 'more steel' than Modric? Modric is better than Cabaye at virtually everything!

I like your first formation very much, but asking Hazard to defend is insane! If you watched him at Lille you would know that he doesn't even bother with defending. Asking Hazard to defend is like asking Mata and David Silva to play at CB.

I am not and never have been a fan of Modric. Hopelessly overrated by the media and fans alike. And I have one reason for it: he often looks bored and disinterested in games and I feel like he only plays when he feels like it. I may be watching the wrong games, but besides his occasionaly great dribble he doesn't impress me.

AVB, is that you? :lol:

Haha! no but its true! Barca has proved that, their defence is terrible but they have won so much over the years because of the way they dominate teams! next season if Modric comes in we would have the players to play a pressing game and have the players to dominate games with possession football.

Its that same English mentality of rather having big strong athletes in the team instead if smaller and more technical players that needs changing at Chelsea! the game is evolving and more technical players is the way forward.

Arsenal have been stacked with technical players and pretty football for years, what has that got them?

An even formula between technical ability and brutality needs to be struck. All the best teams have had the technical players and the hardmen.

I like your first formation very much, but asking Hazard to defend is insane! If you watched him at Lille you would know that he doesn't even bother with defending. Asking Hazard to defend is like asking Mata and David Silva to play at CB.

Haha! do you think Hazard is Messi or something! coming to Chelsea is a massive step up for him and if he is asked to track back, i guarantee he will work his socks off to help out! when did you ever see players like Mata and Sturridge run back to help out defensively before last season? Players know if they come to the PL, they have to work for the team and its not like Ash will need alot of help from Hazard anyway all he would have to do is track the oppositions fullback when they go forward.

its insane to think that asking Hazard to track back is insane!

Arsenal have been stacked with technical players and pretty football for years, what has that got them?

An even formula between technical ability and brutality needs to be struck. All the best teams have had the technical players and the hardmen.

you cant compare us with Arsenal! since they last won a trophy how many world class players/or close to that level type players have they actually had in their team? Fabregas, RVP (since last season), Nasri (if im being kind) who else? plus the fact our team has that winning mentality, we are nothing like Arsenal and never will be.

with Modric, Mata, Hazard, Torres and Marin the midfield can and will get run over with a few nice passes or a concise counter attack.

Oh... finaly someone who gets it.

People need to understand that when you have that front 4, which basicly cant realy defend (exept Mata), you got to have

strong defense, and a very storng defensive midfield. Thats if you want to win trophis off course, otherwise we can easily

turned into arsenal or spurs. We should keep playing Mikel and Lamps.

Mark my words, Hazard won't track back very often. Just because Chelsea is 'step up' or some other arrogant bullshit won't mean he will suddenly have a defensive work rate. That doesn't mean a thing to me.

Arsenal have had some great pleyrs in the past five or six years: Gilberto Silva, Rosicky, Touré, Gallas, Hleb, Sagna, Adebayor, Nasri, Fabregas, van Persie, Henry. If they had a Tony Adams or a Patrick Viera type leader, I'll tell you they would have won more. Without hardmen you'll win nothing in the Premier League.

Mark my words, Hazard won't track back very often. Just because Chelsea is 'step up' or some other arrogant bullshit won't mean he will suddenly have a defensive work rate. That doesn't mean a thing to me.

Arsenal have had some great pleyrs in the past five or six years: Gilberto Silva, Rosicky, Touré, Gallas, Hleb, Sagna, Adebayor, Nasri, Fabregas, van Persie, Henry. If they had a Tony Adams or a Patrick Viera type leader, I'll tell you they would have won more. Without hardmen you'll win nothing in the Premier League.

my word! smh

first of all! how is that arrogant saying moving from Lille in the French league to the European Champions in the PL is a step up? please do explain.

To say Hazard wont track back is just ridiculous! and its not even a big issue anyway! if Hazard will refuse to track back as you seem to think then Mata will do it then!

and then to say you wont win anything without hardmen in the PL, who said anything about Chelsea not having Hardmen in the team? Lampard will still play a part next season, Mikel will as will Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz and Terry! not exactly a bunch of softies are they?

Oh... finaly someone who gets it.

People need to understand that when you have that front 4, which basicly cant realy defend (exept Mata), you got to have

strong defense, and a very storng defensive midfield. Thats if you want to win trophis off course, otherwise we can easily

turned into arsenal or spurs. We should keep playing Mikel and Lamps.

Mikel and Lamps are only good together when we park the bus! people dont understand when we play attacking football next season, Mikel and Lamps in that double pivot would be our downfall! Modric-Fellani would be so so so much better and more effective than Lamps-Mikel in a attacking team. Plus the fact everyone keeps either forgeting Ramires or just leaving him out of their team! Ramires, Modric and Mikel/Fellani would be more than adequate cover to protect our back four!

What do people think? that we are going to play with Torres, Mata, Hazard, Marin and Modric all bombing forward and leaving Mikel on his own? NO this isnt Fifa!

my word! smh

first of all! how is that arrogant saying moving from Lille in the French league to the European Champions in the PL is a step up? please do explain.

To say Hazard wont track back is just ridiculous! and its not even a big issue anyway! if Hazard will refuse to track back as you seem to think then Mata will do it then!

and then to say you wont win anything without hardmen in the PL, who said anything about Chelsea not having Hardmen in the team? Lampard will still play a part next season, Mikel will as will Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz and Terry! not exactly a bunch of softies are they?

Saying that it is a step up isn't arrogant, but you almost implied that Hazard will have to change his playing style to be more defensive in England. I was probably reading too much into it but this is the line that bothered me 'Players know if they come to the PL, they have to work for the team', so players in other leageus don't work for their teams?

I never said anything about Chelsea not having hardmen, I was saying that since Arsenal lacked hardmen they failed. My main gripe was that having Modric in the double pivot is too attack minded and would end up being cut top pieces with a concise counter. Modric and Mikel wouldn't be viable cover for such an offensive line up. Mata doesn't track back very much anyway even when he does his challenges are rather sheepish. You must remember how easily Barcelona and Arsenal conceed on the counter, I'm not saying that Chelsea will play in the exact same way but an overly offensive line up can and will lead to disaster. I can just see the 5-3 against Arsenal happening again if Modric is played in a deep role. Don't forget that Tottenham wore torn to shreds against Manchester City and Arsenal (and Chelsea) last season, I'm not comparing Chelsea's and Tottenham's quality but the offensive and 'attractive' style of football can be dangerous. Against bottom half teams I would support this style but against the stonger sides it would be suicide.

As I said earlier Modric would be more suited to a 4-3-3 formation where he allowed to take on the 'Iniesta' role. 4-2-3-1 just seems to flimsy for an overly offensive team. I feel that the double pivot has to be overly defensive for it to work.vI'm not sold on Ramires in the double pivot either, his passing is kind of really bad.

Saying that it is a step up isn't arrogant, but you almost implied that Hazard will have to change his playing style to be more defensive in England. I was probably reading too much into it but this is the line that bothered me 'Players know if they come to the PL, they have to work for the team', so players in other leageus don't work for their teams?

I never said anything about Chelsea not having hardmen, I was saying that since Arsenal lacked hardmen they failed. My main gripe was that having Modric in the double pivot is too attack minded and would end up being cut top pieces with a concise counter. Modric and Mikel wouldn't be viable cover for such an offensive line up. Mata doesn't track back very much anyway even when he does his challenges are rather sheepish. You must remember how easily Barcelona and Arsenal conceed on the counter, I'm not saying that Chelsea will play in the exact same way but an overly offensive line up can and will lead to disaster. I can just see the 5-3 against Arsenal happening again if Modric is played in a deep role. Don't forget that Tottenham wore torn to shreds against Manchester City and Arsenal (and Chelsea) last season, I'm not comparing Chelsea's and Tottenham's quality but the offensive and 'attractive' style of football can be dangerous. Against bottom half teams I would support this style but against the stonger sides it would be suicide.

As I said earlier Modric would be more suited to a 4-3-3 formation where he allowed to take on the 'Iniesta' role. 4-2-3-1 just seems to flimsy for an overly offensive team. I feel that the double pivot has to be overly defensive for it to work.vI'm not sold on Ramires in the double pivot either, his passing is kind of really bad.

Pirlo also has a monster free kick on him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You