Luka Modric

DavidEU

We did not "manage well". We were atrocious for most of the season. Don't let 10 or so excellent games in the Champions League and FA Cup fool you. Our squad needed/needs massive rebuilding which thankfully it looks like we're finally doing. If it were up to some people (I'm not directing this at you, but generally) they'd just think "oh since Bosingwa, Kalou and co. were good enough to win the CL we should give them 5 year contracts"

Kalou and Bosingwa (even Malouda and Essien) are not good enough but Mikel is.

Modric at 40 million is a waste of money.

Every club in europe knows that he's not worth 40 million.

He's worth 25-30 million.

I'm glad that Kalou and Bosingwa have left the club. Would be awesome if Malouda leaves in this transfer window.

You're having a laugh if you think Malouda or Essien showed enough form this season to even be mentioned in the same breath as Kalou and Bosingwa, poor as the latter two were.

Don't get me wrong mate,i am not saying that we had a brilliant at least League wise season since it has been below every standard.Still i don't think Modric playing would make a massive difference i doubt we would change much with him.I realize which players are no longer good enough i knew that for a few years now but we had to cope with them.This summer should be as we wish every season a summer where we change our squad.I was never into the all superstar team since many times before players that weren't superstars worked wonders for us and the players in their prime weren't good for us.We make mistakes as a club,we buy Lukaku and younger players just to keep them root on the bench.You don't pay 18mill for a young player and start him one game in the season.We loaned out Josh who showed that he can play at a top level,why not give him a chance when we struggle with our midfield? I hope at least this summer the players that we don't count on get sold and get it over with.

As for Modric his tag price is in my opinion far from his true price.I know that the prices are sky high now for good players but he is 25 mill at most.Tottenham will sell him for far less this summer i can see perhaps red nose signing him for 30 mill.

Definitely agree with the price-tag thing, Modric is worth 25m as you said, maybe 30 since he has a long-term contract there. I'm glad the 40m deal we tried to push through on deadline day last season didn't work out.

Anyway we as a club should just move on and never deal with those twats ever again.

Excellent description. But if you'll notice, you just described what Mikel does BEST in this league (along with Song). While Lamps can do all of these and still manage to make a couple of late runs to the pen area to score.

Yes Modric is an excellent player but the way that he has been portrayed since last summer as our saver is ridiculous. Every player that is signed adds a little to the squad, but I don't feel that what he can add here is worth 40mil because he is not exactly a major upgrade to what we already have.

Honestly, sometimes I think the problem is that Mikel did not cost 40mil to get the recognition he deserves.

Mikel is defensive minded, and rarely start major attacks.

If anyone that is doing that role at the moment is Lampard.

But come on Lampard ain't Superman no more.

Modric could easily fit into the slot he is currently taking.

Modric would be perfect synergy between the defense, and the attacking trio.

He is the one that will make everything work, and help us achieve a greater attacking style.

So for me he is worth that money.

Modric doesn't really split defences open hence the reason his assists tally is so low. Players like Sneijder, Mata, Silva do that and Modric is the guy that gets the ball to them.

He is just a poorer Pirlo in my mind.

Modric doesn't really split defences open hence the reason his assists tally is so low. Players like Sneijder, Mata, Silva do that and Modric is the guy that gets the ball to them.

He is just a poorer Pirlo in my mind.

A poorer Pirlo? i wouldn't mind that.

Modric actually likes to play the the SIlva, Mata role, but Harry insists to play VDV in that role.

I don't see 'Agent007ITK' as a reliable source with inside info, just someone working on assumptions. Many Spurs fans seem to be resigned to Modric leaving in search of CL football, United need a player like him, Modric doesn't have a preference to where he leaves so personal terms would be relatively easy to sort out. Levy is notoriously difficult to deal with and will hold United to ransom for as much money as he can to look like the good guy to the Spurs fans which means the transfer fee is the only stumbling block.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You