Luka Modric

DavidEU

Why we need Modric? We have two playmakers and several young players on that position.

We should play with Mikel (Romeu on sub) and Lamps (Kdb on sub).

If we will play with Romeu-Kdb enough, they will become world class. If we buy another cm, they will never even appear as sub for us...

Modric is only playing class for Croatia as he is playing in a position where he can roam about in a more attacking position, playing him in a double pivot wouldn't fully utilize his ability. This ship has sailed anyway, hes United/PSG bound, for half the price as well what a fucking idiot Levy is.

Yep, Spurs have definitely missed their chance to cash in big on Mr Modric. Will still get a decent amount but doubt it will be anywhere near the amount we would have given them for him.

Not sure about Modric..he's a good player but unproven at a BIG club. Look how long it has taken Fernando to settle playing for a big club after playin for a Mickey Mouse club.

Hats off to Stevie G in that respect he knew he'd struggle at the Bridge and stayed at the Dipperdome where he was the man, at Chelsea he'd have been another player

Do we really need modric? if were going to go for another small midfielder who can be bullied by big defenders/midfielders can we not save ourselfves a few mill and just use mc eachrean instead? Modric is also the most "defensive" minded playmaker ive seen be talked about dont think we need him tbh, KDB and romeu/mikel etc etc more then enough players!

no he doesn't.

That is his prefered and natural position. Throughout his playing career at Dinamo Zagreb and for the Croatian National Team he played in the hole and on the left wing if necessary. He has only ever played the deep role at Tottenham.

That is his prefered and natural position. Throughout his playing career at Dinamo Zagreb and for the Croatian National Team he played in the hole and on the left wing if necessary. He has only ever played the deep role at Tottenham.

Many players can play multiple positions! but Modric playing in that deeper role at Spurs is what has made him one of the midfielders in the PL! If he comes to Chelsea that is where he will play most of the time! so there is no issue with not needing Modric because Mata plays in his position, because he doesn't.

Many players can play multiple positions! but Modric playing in that deeper role at Spurs is what has made him one of the midfielders in the PL! If he comes to Chelsea that is where he will play most of the time! so there is no issue with not needing Modric because Mata plays in his position, because he doesn't.

Torres

Hazard - Mata - Marin

Modric - Mikel

Look at the formation. Besides Mikel how much defending will get done? Modric is capable but he is bullied very easily. That team would leak goals against teams like Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United. Signing Modric would be proof we are slowly turning into Arsenal i.e. small technical players with no 'steel'. Tottenham can pull it off but it's really risky. Don't forget how badly they were thrashed around at the start and end of the season.

Mata - Torres - Hazard

Lampard - Modric

Mikel

That is the only way I can see Modric fitting in.

Bullied easily? From what i've seen of Modric, he is extremely composed on the ball (almost like Mikel) and rarely loses possession when under pressure. He's not afraid of a challenge either. He'd certainly play deeper for a club like ours, but I must admit, he's been very impressive when playing further forward for Croatia at the Euros.

Modric vs Yaya Touré

I wonder who would win?

I would rahter someone like Modric is a more forward position and someone will a bit more steel in the pivot, like Cabaye or Fellaini.

Win? At what? Yaya Toure's the most complete midfielder in the league, that's unfair :lol:

For the record, i've been advocating we sign Fellaini for a while now, although I wouldn't say no to Modric. Both ball-winners though, just different styles.

Torres

Hazard - Mata - Marin

Modric - Mikel

Look at the formation. Besides Mikel how much defending will get done? Modric is capable but he is bullied very easily. That team would leak goals against teams like Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United. Signing Modric would be proof we are slowly turning into Arsenal i.e. small technical players with no 'steel'. Tottenham can pull it off but it's really risky. Don't forget how badly they were thrashed around at the start and end of the season.

Mata - Torres - Hazard

Lampard - Modric

Mikel

That is the only way I can see Modric fitting in.

We also have this pretty good player in the team, he is Brazilian and doesn't stop running and can help out defensively and be a threat going forward you may have heard of him his name is Ramires!

This is a much better balanced team.

Torres

Hazard - Mata - Ramires

Modric - Mikel

Ramires, Modric and Mikel can all do a job in helping out the back four, Hazard or Mata can also get back to help out Ash, plus the fact if we had Modric, Mata and Hazard in the same team, we would dominate most games. And Modric would control the midfield.

so when defending we will look more like this.

Torres

Mata

Hazard-Modric-Mikel-Ramires

A.Cole-Terry-Luiz-Ivanovic

Cech

I don't see the problem, those players are perfect to get around the pitch and close players down fast, not giving them time on the ball, we would also have the players to press the ball high up the pitch. Modric would add a whole new dimension to our team. We wouldn't have to park the bus against many teams ever again.

Attack is the best form of defense. ;)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You