Luka Modric

DavidEU

Perfect time to raid Tottenham.

To be honest, it would actually be better for us to get a left winger than right winger in my opinion.

Hazard on the left means cutting in and probably shooting (not good for Torres), where-as on the right wing he could easily whip in a cross and be more comfortable.

Torres

Bale--Mata--Hazard

That would destroy any team's defence. Literally any.

Bale is pacey and direct, with bundles of stamina AND defends well (which Hulk does not) as he started out as a defender, while Hazard has trickery and awe-inspiring dribbling skills.

Mata is Mata; one of the best in his position, where-as Torres, well, people know my thoughts on him.

Would be a very happy man if we got Bale instead of Hulk. It would probably make me stop my Torres moaning too!

He's British too, which is a plus.

Perfect time to raid Tottenham.

To be honest, it would actually be better for us to get a left winger than right winger in my opinion.

Hazard on the left means cutting in and probably shooting (not good for Torres), where-as on the right wing he could easily whip in a cross and be more comfortable.

Torres

Bale--Mata--Hazard

That would destroy any team's defence. Literally any.

Bale is pacey and direct, with bundles of stamina AND defends well (which Hulk does not) as he started out as a defender, while Hazard has trickery and awe-inspiring dribbling skills.

Mata is Mata; one of the best in his position, where-as Torres, well, people know my thoughts on him.

Would be a very happy man if we got Bale instead of Hulk. It would probably make me stop my Torres moaning too!

He's British too, which is a plus.

Have to admit, that line up looks very juicy, too bad its highly unlikely that we get bale from spurs......

what is all this talk of Bale about? he is so overrated!!!!!!

please someone tell me more than one amazing performance from Bale since the Inter game?

and if anyone thinks Bale is going to be world class or should come to Chelsea they need their head tested!!!

what is all this talk of Bale about? he is so overrated!!!!!!

please someone tell me more than one amazing performance from Bale since the Inter game?

and if anyone thinks Bale is going to be world class or should come to Chelsea they need their head tested!!!

For the first half of the season he was pretty gosh darn good. He curtailed in the later half, as he became much like Arjen Robber (ie. dribble, run fast, shoot from distance).

For the first half of the season he was pretty gosh darn good. He curtailed in the later half, as he became much like Arjen Robber (ie. dribble, run fast, shoot from distance).

he wasn't anything special at the start of the season! Where was he when his team lost 3-0 to Man U? where was he when his team lost 5-1 to City? where was he for his country against England in the first half of the season? no where as usual! that game against Inter has made him become one of the most overrated players on the planet! any decent RB can easily defend against him, he is only effective, when he is given space, but everyone knows how he plays now that is why you will never see him put in a performance like he did at the San Siro again!

he wasn't anything special at the start of the season! Where was he when his team lost 3-0 to Man U? where was he when his team lost 5-1 to City? where was he for his country against England in the first half of the season? no where as usual! that game against Inter has made him become one of the most overrated players on the planet! any decent RB can easily defend against him, he is only effective, when he is given space, but everyone knows how he plays now that is why you will never see him put in a performance like he did at the San Siro again!

Bale just looks good at Spurs because the rest of the squad (except Modric, Walker) is average at best.

I hope roman is watching the italy croatia game modric is just pure class and exactly what we need! The only player we have that could play like him is josh and i dont know if he is ready! And fellaini is not in the same class as modric! He is what we have been missing in recent seasons a deep lying playmaker and he is one of the best around. I really hope that we buy him even if we have to pay too much because its tottenham but he is worth it!

I'm in two minds, theirs no doubt he's top draw and IMO he should get into our first team. Nonetheless in our formation we have two midfielders that would occupy our midfield - on one side Ramires/Mikel or Romeu and on it's parallel is Lampard. Should we spend 30 million+ to get Modric or instead introduce McEachran. He has the talent. Modric is 26 so when Lampard leaves after the next season or maybe the one after he will still have his place. Maybe Josh and Luka can play together in the future but I can't see that with the shape of our team . With Hazard, Torres, Mata and potentially Hulk the holding midfielders role is even more important too.

Arsenal have had success with Wishere and I have no doubt that Josh can yield the same results. He needs to bulk up a bit so maybe a loan is a possibility, but we've seen that you don't need to be huge to boss a midfield. People can say he is not ready but the question then arises about when he will be. If he buy Modric we won't be given a legitimate opportunity.

Buying Modric at Josh's expense doesn't sit favorably with me, I can't see Lampard acquiescing to another player dethroning him too. Di Matteo seems to have a good rapport with everyone so maybe he can convince Lampard about his role next season and provide Josh with more opportunities. As exciting as Modric would be, we know Lampard realistically won't retire. If he would, then the signing would make more sense. The key is basically Lampard's role next season, we all know about his thoughts on being benched but the magic word of 'transition' arises again. Fact is that Modric is a better player than Lampard today and despite his recent rejuvenation so to say, a team next season with Modric in the midfield over Lampard would really give our team another boost in our pursuit for success. I'd be more for it if Lampard retires, the prospect is quite tantalising for the team of 'today'. McEachran is 19 so maybe a loan is still an option but like Barca we need to introduce our youngsters otherwise it'll be the same old story for Chelsea.

I'm in two minds, theirs no doubt he's top draw and IMO he should get into our first team. Nonetheless in our formation we have two midfielders that would occupy our midfield - on one side Ramires/Mikel or Romeu and on it's parallel is Lampard. Should we spend 30 million+ to get Modric or instead introduce McEachran. He has the talent. Modric is 26 so when Lampard leaves after the next season or maybe the one after he will still have his place. Maybe Josh and Luka can play together in the future but I can't see that with the shape of our team . With Hazard, Torres, Mata and potentially Hulk the holding midfielders role is even more important too.

Arsenal have had success with Wishere and I have no doubt that Josh can yield the same results. He needs to bulk up a bit so maybe a loan is a possibility, but we've seen that you don't need to be huge to boss a midfield. People can say he is not ready but the question then arises about when he will be. If he buy Modric we won't be given a legitimate opportunity.

Buying Modric at Josh's expense doesn't sit favorably with me, I can't see Lampard acquiescing to another player dethroning him too. Di Matteo seems to have a good rapport with everyone so maybe he can convince Lampard about his role next season and provide Josh with more opportunities. As exciting as Modric would be, we know Lampard realistically won't retire. If he would, then the signing would make more sense. The key is basically Lampard's role next season, we all know about his thoughts on being benched but the magic word of 'transition' arises again. Fact is that Modric is a better player than Lampard today and despite his recent rejuvenation so to say, a team next season with Modric in the midfield over Lampard would really give our team another boost in our pursuit for success. I'm all for it if Lampard retires, the prospect is really tantalising. McEachran is 19 so maybe a loan is still an option but like Barca we need to introduce our youngsters otherwise it'll be the same old story for Chelsea.

Great post mate! I just dont expect chelsea to give josh the chance he needs and that is why i want modric because we need that creativity deeper in our midfield! If we give josh a chance we dont need modric but if they dont we truly need a player like him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You