Luka Modric

DavidEU

He showed some nice touches (kind of Messi style), but he is far from impressive in match. Croatia should play on him, but he gets barely to the ball.

Also he plays more attacking, than CM, where we need a player. He is more Mata, while we need someone like Martinez.

Why can't he play in the double pivot role where Lampard is playing?

Mikel-Modric

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Someone who can score!!!

Mikel-Modric

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Someone who can score!!!

We can't keep buying a couple of world-class players for every position. We have some excellent young talents who play in that double pivot role like Romeu, Josh, and De Bruyne. We already have two great players there in Frank and Mikel and a few good reserves. Signing Modric means letting go of our youngsters.

We can't keep buying a couple of world-class players for every position. We have some excellent young talents who play in that double pivot role like Romeu, Josh, and De Bruyne. We already have two great players there in Frank and Mikel and a few good reserves. Signing Modric means letting go of our youngsters.

Josh and De Bryune might not be ready for another 3 seasons!

Romeu....not so sure about him, i think he will go back to Barcelona.

Frank is one his last few years. Modric seems like the perfect replacement for Lampard to me.

Signing Modric seems like common sense to me, because we lack creativity in the midfield.

Josh and De Bryune might not be ready for another 3 seasons!

Romeu....not so sure about him, i think he will go back to Barcelona.

Frank is one his last few years. Modric seems like the perfect replacement for Lampard to me.

How did you come up with three seasons? Why not two or four?

With youngsters you can't know until they are given a proper chance with the team. We can't let this great generation of youngsters go to waste.

Signing Modric seems like common sense to me, because we lack creativity in the midfield.

I'm this is not directed towards you personally, but I've had it with people talking about "creativity". Can you define it please or give me examples of creativity?

No it doesn't it isn't always that black and white.

Mikel-Modric

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Someone who can score!!!

4 defenders with Mikel wont be always enough to defend us, Mikel and Martinez would be much better, that would mean Hazard, Mata, Hulk and Torres can concentrate on attack and not returning all the time. Yes, Modric would be fantastic (for 25mio max) but I wonder if that will be enough balanced team.

How did you come up with three seasons? Why not two or four?

With youngsters you can't know until they are given a proper chance with the team. We can't let this great generation of youngsters go to waste.

I'm this is not directed towards you personally, but I've had it with people talking about "creativity". Can you define it please or give me examples of creativity?

Creativity?

Creating chances. Starting up plays for attackers.

Linking up from defense to offense.

A more dictionary meaning for the role I envision Modric:

Some players prefer to set up an attack from a withdrawn position, and are often coined deep-lying playmakers, mainly because of their ability to spread play and dictate the game from a withdrawn position. Despite their deep role, they are not classed as defensive midfielders as tackling and defence are not the main function of their roles, and they may have to be supported by a holding midfielder.

Deep-lying playmakers are typically given a moderate amount of defensive responsibilities, but are granted freedom positionally to dictate the play as it evolves, as well as a license to attempt long riskier balls, to the forwards.

The essential attributes of a deep-lying playmaker include:

• Good long passing ability, to play balls towards forwards and wingers. Crossfield wangers are typically attempted from deep when the opposing full back is drawn towards the middle and there is an open channel in the flank for the on rushing winger.
  • Stamina, to cover large distances in professional football. In the top football leagues, a midfielder covers upwards of 10 kilometres per game.
  • Short passing ability. Although many deep-lying playmakers have natural talent and creativity, they are expected to play short simple passes when deep in their half to avoid the possibility of a counter-attack. They are however given some degree of freedom in playing long passes deep into opposition territory.
  • Creativity/Vision. The deep-lying playmaker needs to spot openings and opportunities to build up play.
  • A good and sure first touch to control the ball when receiving passes under sustained opposition pressure.

Modric can fuck off and stay in his Tottenham.If he had joined he would have a Champions League trophy and a Fa cup in his first year.

Enjoy Channel 5 you rat.

Didn't he actually want to join us and it was Tottenham standing in his way?....

Didn't he actually want to join us and it was Tottenham standing in his way?....

It was just rumored that cunt Levy blocked the transfer,we managed well enough even without Modric just like i always said we would.

Modric can fuck off and stay in his Tottenham.If he had joined he would have a Champions League trophy and a Fa cup in his first year.

Enjoy Channel 5 you rat.

He wanted to join us, it was Levy who made him stay against his will. Do some research, you're embarassing yourself...

• Good long passing ability, to play balls towards forwards and wingers. Crossfield wangers are typically attempted from deep when the opposing full back is drawn towards the middle and there is an open channel in the flank for the on rushing winger.
  • Stamina, to cover large distances in professional football. In the top football leagues, a midfielder covers upwards of 10 kilometres per game.
  • Short passing ability. Although many deep-lying playmakers have natural talent and creativity, they are expected to play short simple passes when deep in their half to avoid the possibility of a counter-attack. They are however given some degree of freedom in playing long passes deep into opposition territory.
  • Creativity/Vision. The deep-lying playmaker needs to spot openings and opportunities to build up play.
  • A good and sure first touch to control the ball when receiving passes under sustained opposition pressure.

John Michael Nchekwube Obinna can do all that and more.

John Michael Nchekwube Obinna can do all that and more.

+1. Personally I think a double pivot of Mikel and Ramires could work, perhaps unleashing Mikel's old AM play when he's alternating with Rambo.

If we need to keep the ball Mikel pushes up and joins the possession play with Hazard, Mata and Hulk, Ramires drops and covers in case of counters, and if the counter is on Mikel drops and Ramires executes it with Torres and Hulk supporting with their pace as Ramires can really carry that ball at pace.

If during possession play we lose the ball and the opposition are on a counter attack Ramires can easily use his pace and determination to break up play.

If the game opens up and there is bags of spaces between the lines, Mikel sits back and lets Rambo join the attack with his direct running and goal scoring threat.

The possibilities and variables of having those two in the double pivot can potentially be amazing. Hoping it happens and hoping Sturridge steps up next season alongside Fernando.

Creativity?

Creating chances. Starting up plays for attackers.

Linking up from defense to offense.

A more dictionary meaning for the role I envision Modric:

Some players prefer to set up an attack from a withdrawn position, and are often coined deep-lying playmakers, mainly because of their ability to spread play and dictate the game from a withdrawn position. Despite their deep role, they are not classed as defensive midfielders as tackling and defence are not the main function of their roles, and they may have to be supported by a holding midfielder.

Deep-lying playmakers are typically given a moderate amount of defensive responsibilities, but are granted freedom positionally to dictate the play as it evolves, as well as a license to attempt long riskier balls, to the forwards.

The essential attributes of a deep-lying playmaker include:

Excellent description. But if you'll notice, you just described what Mikel does BEST in this league (along with Song). While Lamps can do all of these and still manage to make a couple of late runs to the pen area to score.

Yes Modric is an excellent player but the way that he has been portrayed since last summer as our saver is ridiculous. Every player that is signed adds a little to the squad, but I don't feel that what he can add here is worth 40mil because he is not exactly a major upgrade to what we already have.

Honestly, sometimes I think the problem is that Mikel did not cost 40mil to get the recognition he deserves.

It was just rumored that cunt Levy blocked the transfer,we managed well enough even without Modric just like i always said we would.

We did not "manage well". We were atrocious for most of the season. Don't let 10 or so excellent games in the Champions League and FA Cup fool you. Our squad needed/needs massive rebuilding which thankfully it looks like we're finally doing. If it were up to some people (I'm not directing this at you, but generally) they'd just think "oh since Bosingwa, Kalou and co. were good enough to win the CL we should give them 5 year contracts"

He refused to play for Totten*am for two games when the transfer was stalled by Levy -so you cant blame him. Would be a good addition, but not sure hes worth all the hassle and agro to get him (but it would be funny to destabilise Sp*ds again).

Yesterdays game flattered him though, Ireland play 2 wingers and have Keith Andrews & Glen Whelan in centre midfield.

No one was spare to pick him up and he looked good against the worst side in the competition

We did not "manage well". We were atrocious for most of the season. Don't let 10 or so excellent games in the Champions League and FA Cup fool you. Our squad needed/needs massive rebuilding which thankfully it looks like we're finally doing. If it were up to some people (I'm not directing this at you, but generally) they'd just think "oh since Bosingwa, Kalou and co. were good enough to win the CL we should give them 5 year contracts"

Don't get me wrong mate,i am not saying that we had a brilliant at least League wise season since it has been below every standard.Still i don't think Modric playing would make a massive difference i doubt we would change much with him.I realize which players are no longer good enough i knew that for a few years now but we had to cope with them.This summer should be as we wish every season a summer where we change our squad.I was never into the all superstar team since many times before players that weren't superstars worked wonders for us and the players in their prime weren't good for us.We make mistakes as a club,we buy Lukaku and younger players just to keep them root on the bench.You don't pay 18mill for a young player and start him one game in the season.We loaned out Josh who showed that he can play at a top level,why not give him a chance when we struggle with our midfield? I hope at least this summer the players that we don't count on get sold and get it over with.

As for Modric his tag price is in my opinion far from his true price.I know that the prices are sky high now for good players but he is 25 mill at most.Tottenham will sell him for far less this summer i can see perhaps red nose signing him for 30 mill.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You