Maicon

the wes

Dont get too excited on maicon guys. The guy is practically 31 years old and is clearly past it. He's been utter garbage for the last two years and now inter want to see this joker out for some money, you would gain nothing from getting maicon, going after debuchy ( the only decision that makes sense) is the right choice.

You have to remember to recognize the situation a possible transfer is in, its like buying an old ferrari testarossa that's got the engine shot and has been painted again after getting shot in the frame by injuries,age, and incompetence. Chelsea might be looking a new rb to be a sub but, id rather go after a good rb while the chance is there.

Analyze the whole situation.

You have a point, I just realised now that he is going to be 31 this month. However he is far from finished, I would rather Debuchy myself but Maicon for a RB just does things out of the ordinary, eg his goal against Milan was amazing. He is still very powerful and think he would be a good investment, but maybe not for the long term. I would prefer Debuchy but Maicon still has a lot to offer us and even if he does decline at us we already have a top RB in Ivanovic

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get too excited on maicon guys. The guy is practically 31 years old and is clearly past it. He's been utter garbage for the last two years and now inter want to see this joker out for some money, you would gain nothing from getting maicon, going after debuchy ( the only decision that makes sense) is the right choice.

You have to remember to recognize the situation a possible transfer is in, its like buying an old ferrari testarossa that's got the engine shot and has been painted again after getting shot in the frame by injuries,age, and incompetence. Chelsea might be looking a new rb to be a sub but, id rather go after a good rb while the chance is there.

Analyze the whole situation.

I thought you told me you were going to stop acting ignorant and arrogant? Maicon would be a very good signing. Quality player with alot of top level experience. For the reported £8 million that is a bargain and he is great cover for Ivanovic. Your acting like he is a rubbish player ala Bosingwa. This guy was considered one of the beat RB's in the world a few seasons ago. Getting Maicon as back-up is far more feasible than getting Debuchy as backup. Like I said before, with him and Ivanovic, we would have the best RB department in all of Europe.

Also how would you know where Maicon is going? Do you have sources? We do. Sky Italia. Here you go again with your I know everything, I can see the future and read people's mind bullshit.

Still with the topic guys. Maicon isnt going to chelsea and thats that, its all for the better too.

Now you are putting face palm and changing the topic about a player being past it when I left you completely looking like a fool!

Well you know what, i say that he wont go to chelsea because there could be better options, like debuchy, and its arguable what maicon can offer of course, but at his age, and his wages, there are better options. He's past it, but in the end it's all down to the board which i am confident will be with me when it comes to not bringing him.

@ Superblue, if that's what you think then whatever, go to Primera Liga , or Real Madrid thread if you want to talk about arbeloa.

Yes i am aware. What i'm saying is you can't really slate MAICON when he would be an upgrade on what your club has.

Arbeloa > Maicon any day for the last couple of years. You simply don't play in the starting lineups of the Spanish national team and Real Madrid if you're shit. Probably one of the most underrated defenders out there.

But that's enough off topic, back to Maicon.

Only time will tell, i stated facts about maicon, and the board will prove me RIGHT, if they get him, then too bad.

And so where delusional Madrid fans stating the fact about Makelele, and Bayern fans about Lucio.

Shit look at Drogba has his best year in the mid 30's.

A certain Pirlo at age 33 doing great, despite being past it a couple of season ago?

So you are clearly out of order by stating such things with out even knowing the outcome of the future. You don't know if he suddenly will have the best time of his career in his mid 30's.

You can complain all you want, and you can state your opinion as long as they are in line with the guidelines. I cannot be proven wrong about maicon being past it, and being relatively crap, as that is fact, i may be proven wrong about him going to chelsea, and if i do then too bad for them.

@ Justin please stop with the jiberish, right something worth of note in the MAICON thread. :tophat:

Im done here, ill ignore the notifications, as it is probably going to be replies going in circles.

Cheers.

You can complain all you want, and you can state your opinion as long as they are in line with the guidelines. I cannot be proven wrong about maicon being past it, and being relatively crap, as that is fact, i may be proven wrong about him going to chelsea, and if i do then too bad for them.

@ Justin please stop with the jiberish, right something worth of note in the MAICON thread. :tophat:

Im done here, ill ignore the notifications, as it is probably going to be replies going in circles.

Cheers.

Right and you write like a boss?

2s6vg46.jpg

Cheers.

1. Maicon is still quality and has experience

2. It's easily possible for him to come to Chelsea

3. He would be good at Chelsea, as a backup

4. You're an idiot.

You take it as you want, and deal with it as i merely stated a logical opinion, and pretty much fact. Calm Down Please.

No where did i intend to come off as condescending im just stating what maicon IS, thats it. B)

If you actually read and understood what i wrote you wouldn't be whining here.

It's not just this thread fella. There are many threads where you think your opinion is almost God-like. Stop thinking everything you say is fact like. Are you trying your best to sound like some ignorant git?

Again, in your post, you allude that Maicon is past it. I completely disagree with you.

If you watch Serie A, you'd realise that Maicon would still be very useful if he signed for us. He isn't finished at all. Go watch the 4-2 Milan derby and tell me, is Maicon finished? He's still a top 10 right back.

Still with the topic guys. Maicon isnt going to chelsea and thats that, its all for the better too.

You can't know that unless you knew someone important at Inter or Maicon or his agent. Sure, I wouldn't say that chances of seeing Maicon in a Chelsea shirt are high, but I also wouldn't say they don't exist.

Cheers.

Maicon being relatively crap is your opinion, not a fact. He still has bags of experience, his crossing is amazing and tactical positioning is good. Yes, he is past it, like most of the players over 30 years of age, but he is not crap.

As crazy as it seems, this time I 100% agree with TMO.

People who think Maicon at the age of 30 would be more than happy to sit on the bench with tiny wages compared to what he currently makes at Inter are delusional. It's not like he's already at the point in his career where he goes to a smaller league or takes a smaller role when he's not good enough to play with the big boys anymore.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Maybe he wants a change, and if he came here and had some amazing performances, he would get a chance to play more regularly. Get a trophy or two, play in England and slowly continue towards the ending of his career.

But anyway, as I don't know him personally, I can't know what's he thinking, so we'll see...

If Maicon moved to Real Madrid, The Madrid One would be having a jizzfest over how good Maicon is.

Maybe he is past it or maybe he isn't but when Jose was at Inter I remember Maicon being better than any other RB in the world... which was only 3 years ago so he can't be that bad now surely? Just do we need another 31 year old when we are trying to build a younger squad?

If Maicon moved to Real Madrid, The Madrid One would be having a jizzfest over how good Maicon is.

Maybe he is past it or maybe he isn't but when Jose was at Inter I remember Maicon being better than any other RB in the world... which was only 3 years ago so he can't be that bad now surely? Just do we need another 31 year old when we are trying to build a younger squad?

Every top club has a handful of players in their 30's. If Malouda, Benayoun and Ferreira leave as expected we would only be left with Terry, Lampard, Cole and Hilario if my memory serves me right so i think the reduction in squad age has been done pretty well over the last couple of seasons.

I dont think maicon there is much chance of maicon coming. I do think he is a good player. Just because you are in your 30's doesn't mean your past it. It would mean that he would lose a lot of value over the coming years, so would have no re-sell value but if he was to help this team to some trophies then it would be worth it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You