Maicon

the wes

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough but can Bosingwa do this?

No but Bosingwa can man mark Messi ;)

Maicon is a decent enough full back but still we can't forget what happened in that Spurs game. Any player who is quite quick would be beyond him before you know it.

Usually not at around the age of 28 and 29 though.

He's soon to be 31...

Maicon is a decent enough full back but still we can't forget what happened in that Spurs game. Any player who is quite quick would be beyond him before you know it.

Your underestimating him. There are not many players quicker than Bale so I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Maicon is still quality.

Hope this doesn't happen. For the last couple of years most of our signings have been mostly sensible and this would be another Deco / Modric case when for nearly the same price we sign a +30 has-been instead of a younger talent who's close to hitting his peak as a player. Obviously he's still a good player but for how long?

Rumors of Inter looking at Debuchy to be Maicon's replacement if the Brazilian is leaving. Why shouldn't we try to buy Debuchy instead?

Younger, up n coming players who are linked with several clubs aren't gonna settle for 2nd choice in the team. Inter are gonna REPLACE maicon with debuchy, if he leaves, start nearly every game. Us on the other hand would only offer him a squad position. Same situation with Moses. Slows down development.

Let's just get this clear and out of the way so that there are no more questions or uncertainties:

Maicon would be coming in as back-up. I hope there are no doubts about that. Ivanovic will remain our number 1 right-back.

If we were to buy someone like Debuchy, all that would do is push players like Todd Kane back even further away from a future starting role. Signing an older player as back-up is much better than signing a fresh, hungry motivated player for £10mil+ who will keep one of our most promising youth players out of our team for a decade.

Maicon got ripped a new bumhole by Gareth Bale in the Champions League...but that was a one off. Players simply do not do that to Maicon.

The tactics Inter used in the match were absolutely appalling in defence and midfield, and Maicon was told to keep on attacking, leaving acres of space behind for Bale to exploit.

Maicon HAD to push forward constantly, as Inter were using a narrow formation and he was responsible for adding the width to the team.

He's also had a very good season with Inter this past year (Personally, anyway. The team in general was rubbish.)

He completely destroyed AC Milan too in the derby match! (I mean his overall performance, not just the wonderful goal.)

Finally, surely no one can deny that the idea of having Maicon flying down the flanks vs. teams like Wigan or Championship teams in the F.A. Cup etc. sounds good! (Unless of course we do buy an out-and-out winger. This is where Ramires could come in handy though. We could have Maicon and Ramires pretty much switching positions through-out the game.)

Don't worry.

This would be a good signing.

Let's just get this clear and out of the way so that there are no more questions or uncertainties:

Maicon would be coming in as back-up. I hope there are no doubts about that. Ivanovic will remain our number 1 right-back.

If we were to buy someone like Debuchy, all that would do is push players like Todd Kane back even further away from a future starting role. Signing an older player as back-up is much better than signing a fresh, hungry motivated player for £10mil+ who will keep one of our most promising youth players out of our team for a decade.

Maicon got ripped a new bumhole by Gareth Bale in the Champions League...but that was a one off. Players simply do not do that to Maicon.

The tactics Inter used in the match were absolutely appalling in defence and midfield, and Maicon was told to keep on attacking, leaving acres of space behind for Bale to exploit.

Maicon HAD to push forward constantly, as Inter were using a narrow formation and he was responsible for adding the width to the team.

He's also had a very good season with Inter this past year (Personally, anyway. The team in general was rubbish.)

He completely destroyed AC Milan too in the derby match! (I mean his overall performance, not just the wonderful goal.)

Finally, surely no one can deny that the idea of having Maicon flying down the flanks vs. teams like Wigan or Championship teams in the F.A. Cup etc. sounds good! (Unless of course we do buy and out-and-out winger. This is where Ramires could come in handy though. We could have Maicon and Ramires pretty much switching positions through-out the game.)

Don't worry.

Brilliant Post Mate!

If true I agree, a good signing, cause it will not kill Ivan and nor any of the youth we trying to bring....if indeed we are trying to bring!

Plus at his age, it's good he can have someone like Ivan to rotate, cause A. Cole is old as well, but would you sell him now that we got Ryan to help rotate?

No you keep them cause they are still good and will help the younger guys, as Ryan says of Cole.

So all in all, it will be a pretty smart signing if done by the board.

Finally, surely no one can deny that the idea of having Maicon flying down the flanks vs. teams like Wigan or Championship teams in the F.A. Cup etc. sounds good! (Unless of course we do buy and out-and-out winger. This is where Ramires could come in handy though. We could have Maicon and Ramires pretty much switching positions through-out the game.)

Don't worry.

:clap: I'm really excited about the prospect of having Maicon. Everything you said was spot on. People who are concerned about Maicon being 'ripped apart' by quick wingers, fear not as that rarely happens to someone as good and experienced as Maicon.

He's soon to be 31...

and you replied to "Yeah, he's no doubt an upgrade from Bosingwa, despite him having a pretty big drop of form while Inter as a whole also went down the shitter.", he was never really the same after Bale humiliated him and Inter just went to shit around that time, including him.

But again, I would like him here. Chelsea does desperately need a second right back.

Good post leif but i just want to say one thing I don't like the "blocking development" argument that get's used often. If they are good and patient enough they will force their way through in the end regardless of who we sign, Bertrand is the prime example of that, this time 2 years ago he was behind Cole, Zhirkov and Van Aanholt in the left back pecking order, now he is almost certain to be Cole's successor.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You