Maicon

the wes

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am almost every time against transfers of players that are over the age of 30, but I am not against this one. Bosingwa is out, Fereirra is an inferior player to Maicon, so we keep Paulo as 3rd choice and have 2 great full backs. Maicon ain't the fastest, but for 8 mil he is well worth it.

If we sign a younger RB like Debuchy, Azpi etc they are going to sign only if they are going to be the 1st choice here. If the club agrees to that and they are worth it, we will lose Bane. I would rather go to Madrid to work with Mourinho, play week and week out then sit on the bench at Chelsea if I was him. I do think he thinks that too.

With Maicon, they can rotate, we can have a good full back for a couple of years and we wouldn't have to spend much.

Not an ideal deal, but a good one.

I think it's pretty ideal. Perfect age that he's okay with being on the bench, still good enough to perform at a high level (when rested), and Toddy Kane & Co. won't have to worry about a spot on the team when they're ready. Not bad at all.

Assuming Benayoun and Malouda leave, I believe Maicon will be only the 5th player in the whole squad 30+ years old! (Others being Cech, Cole, Lampard and Terry.)

Quite amazing how we've gone from a so-called "team of pensioners" to having one of the lowest amount of 30+ year olds in the league.

(I hope we don't go any lower than 5 30+ players though. Experience and leadership is key. Look at Madrid, PSG etc. Madrid, despite ALL that talent, couldn't win the Champions League, as they didn't have that same sort of personality etc. you get with older age. PSG missed out on their league title for the same reason.)

I am almost every time against transfers of players that are over the age of 30, but I am not against this one. Bosingwa is out, Fereirra is an inferior player to Maicon, so we keep Paulo as 3rd choice and have 2 great full backs. Maicon ain't the fastest, but for 8 mil he is well worth it.

If we sign a younger RB like Debuchy, Azpi etc they are going to sign only if they are going to be the 1st choice here. If the club agrees to that and they are worth it, we will lose Bane. I would rather go to Madrid to work with Mourinho, play week and week out then sit on the bench at Chelsea if I was him. I do think he thinks that too.

With Maicon, they can rotate, we can have a good full back for a couple of years and we wouldn't have to spend much.

Not an ideal deal, but a good one.

Yeah exactly what i thought, not the ideal signing, but not a bad one either. How much will he get in terms of wages though, there have been rumours saying madrid dropped out because of his wage demand

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You