Maicon

the wes

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I'm not too sure about is his wages. Inter are known to pay outrageous wages, and if he's coming to be backup for Iva, should we match those wages?

It would be an odd state of affairs to see the back up earn more than the starter.

Only thing I'm not too sure about is his wages. Inter are known to pay outrageous wages, and if he's coming to be backup for Iva, should we match those wages?

Probably the only concern when it comes to this transfer..

It would be an odd state of affairs to see the back up earn more than the starter.

Which would suggest maybe he might not actually be coming to us as back up, like many think? It all still seems to be just twitter-talk at the moment anyway.

Which would suggest maybe he might not actually be coming to us as back up, like many think? It all still seems to be just twitter-talk at the moment anyway.

I don't know why everyone's assuming Branislav is going to be our right back. He prefers Center back and said so a few years back. If this signing is made the way I see it is this:

Starting

Cole - Terry - Ivanovic - Maicon

Back Up

Bertrand - Luiz - Cahill - Hutchinson/Ivanovic

I don't know why everyone's assuming Branislav is going to be our right back. He prefers Center back and said so a few years back. If this signing is made the way I see it is this:

Starting

Back Up

But he plays much better at RB. I think that SeB made the point that it is very difficult to switch between the two positions, Iva has been playing at RB for a long time that he looked out of his depth when played at CB. In the few time that he played at CB he was less than average there which makes me think that there is no way he will start ahead of Luiz and Cahill.

Starting

Back Up

Ivanoivc will be our RB next season! he is quality there! and we also have Cahill and Luiz who are quality CB's so it would make sense to play Branna RB where he is a beast, so one of Cahill/Luiz can play with JT! instead of leaving them both on the bench like your suggesting.

Cahill and Luiz are better CB's than Ivanovic, and Ivanovic is the best RB in the PL! you do the maths.

Starting

Back Up

Cahill is better than a backup CB & He seems to have a good understanding with Terry.

Ivanovic has looked shaky at CB, in comparison to his consistent RB performances.

Our starting back 4 should be:

Ivan---Cahill-----Terry-------Cole

Backup defence:

Maicon---Luiz/Ivan---Hutcho-----Bertrand

Cahill is better than a backup CB & He seems to have a good understanding with Terry.

Ivanovic has looked shaky at CB, in comparison to his consistent RB performances.

Our starting back 4 should be:

Ivan---Cahill-----Terry-------Cole

Backup defence:

Maicon---Luiz/Ivan---Hutcho-----Bertrand

I disagree, at most clubs Cahill would be better than a backup CB but for us that is what he will be, im sure he will still get plenty of games as we have alot of football to play next season so there will be alot of rotating, but Luiz - Terry will surley be our 1st choice CB pairing.

Paulo Freitas@Cynegeticus

Brazilian + Latin American soccer news/transfers. Sky Sports correspondent. Brazil's Head Researcher for Football Manager,writer at TheElastico + Just Football.

Maicon will leave #Inter to join #CFC for €8m+add-ons, claims 'Mediaset', they say he only needs to reach an agreement over the contract.

I disagree, at most clubs Cahill would be better than a backup CB but for us that is what he will be, im sure he will still get plenty of games as we have alot of football to play next season so there will be alot of rotating, but Luiz - Terry will surley be our 1st choice CB pairing.

IMO it should be Luiz + 1. If Terry gets a lengthy suspension for the racism charges he'll find it hard to come back and dislodge Cahill and Luiz. Our centre half options are frighteningly strong at the mo.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You