Maicon

the wes

Fuck that he's way over the hill, Bale proved that a couple years ago. He should be RW than RB anyway but we should look for young or peak players, not players like this. Please do not happen.

Agree with this. Don't see what he could bring to the squad. I guess he would be decent cover but not to replace the likes of Ivan and he should be last choice if a younger target becomes available.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to say this to the people who are judging Maicon off of those Tottenham games -

We bought Gary Cahill from a team who is now relegated and conceded an astronomical amount on the league.

Some of our fans and many other teams' fans were pissing themselves laughing as he came from Bolton.

Didn't sound like a glamorous signing, did it?

Oh hold on a moment, my memory has just gone hazy. Who was in the heart of defence when we won the Champions League for the first time in our history?

That transfer doesn't sound so bad now, does it? (I remember people saying we should have spent £40mil on Hummels instead. lololololol)

That reminds me of this situation.

Seriously?

People who judge players from a game or two, where they're from, their age and what's happened in the past are both ignorant and, in a sense, even pessimistic.

Why don't the same people actually watch more like around 10-20 full games of his, judge him off his current talent and not his previous/'better' talent when he was younger, and try to understand what he'd be bringing to our team?

There's more to football than statistics. Only watching a few games of someone is just ludicrous too.

I always come off as a dick head who wants to be a know-it-all, and honestly, it's because of situations like this.

In a sort of reverse situation, when everyone was gargling all over van Der Wiel's nuts because they just listened to the media and other people without researching, learning and thinking for themselves, I would just keep on preaching about how bad he actually is.

Yet somehow, people who had only seen 2 games of his and a few Youtube high/low-lights had the nerve to even debate a situation/player that they knew nothing about.

Then, EURO 2012 comes around, and everyone sees how awful he actually is. He would downgrade our team.

Judge a player for what he actually is from your own experience; not what others say they think he is. Otherwise, don't comment on the subject in such a way.

I'm not saying to listen to my thoughts or opinions, but at least listen to other people on the forum who actually know football in-depth and know players past just 90 minutes when they're on a good/bad day.

In my opinion, Maicon is an upgrade on Bosingwa.

Maicon would be a back-up and sometimes rotation option.

If Maicon were to stay at Inter and they were in the Champions League next season and we were drawn against him, most of the forum here would be highlighting him as their danger man for the match.

I'll end this rant now.

I just hate it when so many of these people don't think for themselves, and only echo what others and the media says.

There's no need to spunk millions on a young, hungry right-back who'd demand a starting role and who we don't need (we need back-up, not a starter) over an older, more experienced, ex-one of the best in the world, Champions League winning right-back who'd be willing to play a lesser part without fuss.

P.S. - For those who have only seen those few games of Debuchy at Euro 2012 and nothing more, yes, he is as good as he looks. No, he isn't the correct option for us.

Bring on the abuse biatchez.

I'd just like to say this to the people who are judging Maicon off of those Tottenham games -

We bought Gary Cahill from a team who is now relegated and conceded an astronomical amount on the league.

Some of our fans and many other teams' fans were pissing themselves laughing as he came from Bolton.

Didn't sound like a glamorous signing, did it?

Oh hold on a moment, my memory has just gone hazy. Who was in the heart of defence when we won the Champions League for the first time in our history?

That transfer doesn't sound so bad now, does it? (I remember people saying we should have spent £40mil on Hummels instead. lololololol)

That reminds me of this situation.

Seriously?

People who judge players from a game or two, where they're from, their age and what's happened in the past are both ignorant and, in a sense, even pessimistic.

Why don't the same people actually watch more like around 10-20 full games of his, judge him off his current talent and not his previous/'better' talent when he was younger, and try to understand what he'd be bringing to our team?

There's more to football than statistics. Only watching a few games of someone is just ludicrous too.

I always come off as a dick head who wants to be a know-it-all, and honestly, it's because of situations like this.

In a sort of reverse situation, when everyone was gargling all over van Der Wiel's nuts because they just listened to the media and other people without researching, learning and thinking for themselves, I would just keep on preaching about how bad he actually is.

Yet somehow, people who had only seen 2 games of his and a few Youtube high/low-lights had the nerve to even debate a situation/player that they knew nothing about.

Then, EURO 2012 comes around, and everyone sees how awful he actually is. He would downgrade our team.

Judge a player for what he actually is from your own experience; not what others say they think he is. Otherwise, don't comment on the subject in such a way.

I'm not saying to listen to my thoughts or opinions, but at least listen to other people on the forum who actually know football in-depth and know players past just 90 minutes when they're on a good/bad day.

In my opinion, Maicon is an upgrade on Bosingwa.

Maicon would be a back-up and sometimes rotation option.

If Maicon were to stay at Inter and they were in the Champions League next season and we were drawn against him, most of the forum here would be highlighting him as their danger man for the match.

I'll end this rant now.

I just hate it when so many of these people don't think for themselves, and only echo what others the media says.

There's no need to spunk millions on a young, hungry right-back who'd demand a starting role and who we don't need (we need back-up, not a starter) over an older, more experienced, ex-one of the best in the world, Champions League winning right-back who'd be willing to play a lesser part without fuss.

P.S. - For those who have only seen those few games of Debuchy at Euro 2012 and nothing more, yes, he is as good as he looks. No, he isn't the correct option for us.

Bring on the abuse biatchez.

Great post dude!

You can also add, that when we signed Belletti at 30 something, he proved so useful to us, scoring amazing long-range goals and becoming a Chelsea hero in his own right!

Apparently the Spanish newspaper Marca are reporting that a deal is very close to being agreed and the player himself has opted for Chelsea over PSG. Still not warming up for this but let's hope he will prove me wrong if he indeed is coming. The deal reminds me of Belletti and he did very well for a couple of years...

If we have to play Maicon against Spurs it will be the same as Ferreira playing against them in December 2010.

Just because Bale got the better of him last time the world and his dog assumed he will do again by right, and like Paulo then, Maicon will surprise us.

if we sign maicon wont be surprised to see 3-2-4-1 hahahahaha

was he my personal choice no not really, but who cares bout my opinion, only gota judge what board thinks! maicon and ramirea on right side (for couple of games cuz we surely will get rw) looks really really good, imagine run after run after run after run, both could interchange really and couse problems for lesser teams as well as any team!

please dont drag this out, get him in, and sign that winger and we look set.

that goal at 2010 world cup is what i always remember of maicon, just another brazilian comin in and strengthening our team!!

piazon, luiz, ramires, ferriera (portugese) now maicon! damn, welcome to the ENG/Brazilian/Belgian Chelsea FC!!!

cheeky work from board i think we all would agree. hahahaha

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2167376/Chelsea-Maicon-Real-Madrid-step-back.html

Chelsea have emerged as favourites to sign Brazil right-back Maicon from Inter Milan after Real Madrid shelved their interest.

Maicon is available for around £6million as his contract has one year to run but Real believe that fee plus high wages are too much for a player who turns 31 later this month.

Chelsea also have an interest in Lille’s Mathieu Debuchy who is the subject of a £6m bid from Newcastle.

Even Real Madrid feel the high wages is too much for a 31 year old and here we are wanting to get him. :doh:

The general consensus is that 'when rested' Maicon can still be a very good player. Which is perfect for a role as cover for Ivanovic, as long as we don't over pay, this wouldn’t be all that bad a signing. Also as the WAGNH article mentioned, Todd Kane and other RB 'prospects' can go out on loan/develop without fearing they'll never get a chance to fight for a place.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You