Maicon

the wes

Dont get too excited on maicon guys. The guy is practically 31 years old and is clearly past it. He's been utter garbage for the last two years and now inter want to see this joker out for some money, you would gain nothing from getting maicon, going after debuchy ( the only decision that makes sense) is the right choice.

You have to remember to recognize the situation a possible transfer is in, its like buying an old ferrari testarossa that's got the engine shot and has been painted again after getting shot in the frame by injuries,age, and incompetence. Chelsea might be looking a new rb to be a sub but, id rather go after a good rb while the chance is there.

Analyze the whole situation.

I notice you said "you would gain nothing" ("you" being us, the collective of Chelsea fans) which means you don't consider yourself to be a part of "us", which just makes me wonder why you're on this forum now.

So confused. Aren't there Real Madrid forums?

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure tbh, Still have in my mind the time Gareth Bale ripped him a new arsehole. We'll see how it plays out.

Paulo Ferreira kept Bale quiet for a couple of games. Does that mean he's better than Maicon? Nope. It's unfair to use one specific game to judge one player.

Gareth Bale did make Maicon his bitch in the one match, but the Serie A has plenty of speedy wingers comparable to Bale (not in class but in style of attack) and Maicon has proven himself worthy defending against such. At the reported fee of £8m I can't see how we could go wrong. He can also curve in a cross like nobody's business. :yes:

Might be good for both parties. Despite Maicon not being at the level he was perhaps 2-3 seasons ago (I've always rated him higher than Dani Alves - he has a much better end product), even at soon to be 31 he still has a lot of football left in him and still has an abundance of pace and stamina. These Brazilian full backs never seem to lose this no matter how old they get! (Roberto Carlos, Cafu)

He is certainly an upgrade on Bosingwa, and offers Chelsea the 'attacking' option at full back, whilst Ivanovic provides the more defensively solid option.

You have to believe that if we buy Maicon, Hulk is a must too. The pair would be lethal on the right hand side, given Hulk's preference to cut inside, Maicon would be left with plenty of room to rampage forward.

Such a deal gives Chelsea a very good alternative and option at right back for the next 2-3 years, which gives them time to assess their long term options in that position whether that be from the academy or somebody purchased. For Maicon, he is moving to London and to continue playing at the highest level. There is a good growing Brazilian/Portuguese contingent at the club to help him settle in quickly and he knows given the amount of games the club plays every season, he will play at least 25-30 times a season. This gives him plenty of gametime, without burning him out which will likely prolong his career.

Paulo Ferreira kept Bale quiet for a couple of games. Does that mean he's better than Maicon? Nope. It's unfair to use one specific game to judge one player.

But has he been the same since that game? I think that was the beginning of the downfall for Maicon.

Can't judge Maicon only by what happened with him in the last period. When Inter won the UCL, he was by far the best right back in Europe, in my opinion.

After that, it wasn't just Maicon's downfall. It was Inter's downfall.

Maybe he just needs to change the air.

I wouldn't say that he is a great transfer, but he might be what we need. The guy deserves a chance.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Juliano Belletti when comparing the situation. He was in his 30's and provided great cover both at RB and centre midfield. Maicon is without a doubt a better player at this stage in his career than Juliano was at the same time. The more I think about this deal the more it makes sense, his age is perfect to add valuable experience and it won't stifle Kane/Kalas. The only sticking point for me would be his wages.

If Maicon performs anywhere near as good as Belletti did I'll be pleased (If the deal happens).

Might be good for both parties. Despite Maicon not being at the level he was perhaps 2-3 seasons ago (I've always rated him higher than Dani Alves - he has a much better end product), even at soon to be 31 he still has a lot of football left in him and still has an abundance of pace and stamina. These Brazilian full backs never seem to lose this no matter how old they get! (Roberto Carlos, Cafu)

He is certainly an upgrade on Bosingwa, and offers Chelsea the 'attacking' option at full back, whilst Ivanovic provides the more defensively solid option.

You have to believe that if we buy Maicon, Hulk is a must too. The pair would be lethal on the right hand side, given Hulk's preference to cut inside, Maicon would be left with plenty of room to rampage forward.

Such a deal gives Chelsea a very good alternative and option at right back for the next 2-3 years, which gives them time to assess their long term options in that position whether that be from the academy or somebody purchased. For Maicon, he is moving to London and to continue playing at the highest level. There is a good growing Brazilian/Portuguese contingent at the club to help him settle in quickly and he knows given the amount of games the club plays every season, he will play at least 25-30 times a season. This gives him plenty of gametime, without burning him out which will likely prolong his career.

Spot on with that mate. The more days that goes on though, the more pessimistic I am about the deal going to happen. Maicon is a quality player, which kind of RB scores the type of goals he did against Milan last season. I agree fully about the attacking/defensive abilities although Maicon is not that bad defensively but going forward his power and pace will offer a lot. Here is his goal against AC Milan if anyone forgot wink.gif

Brilliant. From the high's of us being excited by Chelsea signings relatively young AND experienced players to signing 30yo+ players who are past their prime. Deco runs through my mind....

Fuck that he's way over the hill, Bale proved that a couple years ago. He should be RW than RB anyway but we should look for young or peak players, not players like this. Please do not happen.

Any more news? I really want this deal to happen :D It makes tons of sense. People who want Debuchy need to snap out of their delusions. He won't come here to be 2nd choice. I prefer Maicon over Debuchy anyway.

Edit: Here is an analysis of Maicon and what he can bring to Chelsea. I agree with the article, Maicon could redsicover his old self and secure that RB spot leaving Ivanovic free for cover.

http://mobile.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/6/30/3128604/on-why-maicon-would-be-a-good-fit-for-chelsea

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You