Chelsea 2-4 Wolves

Flick is similar to Poch in the sense that he is an agreeable people person with limited tactical ability and problems to work with a squad full of entitled brats.
 but other than Poch he has won it all  as assistant coach or manager. He has a knack for details and could bring back operational excellence.

the problem is that this group of players is absolutely useless, toxic and incompatible. 
this side we had on tonight on paper is not world class and still young but it surely is enough to beat wolves and finish top 6. most managers will struggle to make such a heterogeneous group work. A manager who is a proven winner, demands absolute devotion and takes no shit from any player  might be able to rein them in but there is no guarantee. Thanks to TB‘s shot gun approach to squad building we might well be stuck with a bunch of lazy hype boys who are here just to collect their fat paycheque for 8 years which ultimately leaves us with an uncoachable squad. 

Watching the game now. 
folks are talking about drive and I just don’t see it. Players were giving everything on the pitch.

they are just no better skill wise than the players they face.

furthermore a team cannot survive a performance like Caicedos today. I’m shocked by his lack of skill on the ball.

heh gusto had a stinker too.

get position by position and compare with wolves: the question isn’t potential, but right now. Are we better?!

does Conor give us a competitive advantage over the likes of wolves? 

Edited by robsblubot

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Watching the game now. 
folks are talking about drive and I just don’t see it. Players were giving everything on the pitch.

they are just no better skill wise than the players they face.

furthermore a team cannot survive a performance like Caicedos today. I’m shocked by his lack of skill on the ball.

heh gusto had a stinker too.

get position by position and compare with wolves: the question isn’t potential, but right now. Are we better?!

does Conor give us a competitive advantage over the likes of wolves? 

What exactly do you want Caceido to do when he is surrounded by 3 or 4 players every time with no outlet? 

5 hours ago, Thor said:

What exactly do you want Caceido to do when he is surrounded by 3 or 4 players every time with no outlet? 

Not give the ball right back to the opposition would be a good start.

He did not make the first mistake because he was surrounded by 3-4 players, but then he often got pressured on the ball because the opposition smelled blood. This will keep on happening too until he cleans up his game.

if you think he had a fine game, then let’s just agree to disagree once again.

Edited by robsblubot

8 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Lol never thought we would ever need Jose again. We do. Anyone who thinks this club can be pulled out from the quicksand clusterfuck we are in, is living on hope.

Welcome back relatively negative football - but at the same time a winning mentality - which is severely needed.

Currently we play worse than negative footy , atleast negative footy is a type of playing style. Right now it's dire. 

Winning mentality only works if you actually win.

Nothing about Jose's career of late suggests we will win anything under him unless we stumble into the conference league (which we should win under any manager).

Edited by Tomo

8 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Flick is similar to Poch in the sense that he is an agreeable people person with limited tactical ability and problems to work with a squad full of entitled brats.
 but other than Poch he has won it all  as assistant coach or manager. He has a knack for details and could bring back operational excellence.

the problem is that this group of players is absolutely useless, toxic and incompatible. 
this side we had on tonight on paper is not world class and still young but it surely is enough to beat wolves and finish top 6. most managers will struggle to make such a heterogeneous group work. A manager who is a proven winner, demands absolute devotion and takes no shit from any player  might be able to rein them in but there is no guarantee. Thanks to TB‘s shot gun approach to squad building we might well be stuck with a bunch of lazy hype boys who are here just to collect their fat paycheque for 8 years which ultimately leaves us with an uncoachable squad. 

Most managers would also set-up better tactically than Poch did yesterday. The squad is not great but Poch has not made the best use of the resources available to him. I'd still continue with Poch over an interim or someone like Flick, Jose or Lampard (please not again). But we need to be looking at a new manager. Even the cup final this month might not save Poch's job for me 

Edited by Strike

Yeah if we sack Poch to hire Hansi Flick or Jose, I am done with this ownership.

Well I will be honest, I have been thinking that way since they sacked Tuchel in all reality and even before the failure to keep essential personnel like Marina and Petr about from the old regime until they could smooth the transition and appoint their own people it was absolutely crazy. Regardless, Poch has to go but can’t see it before the summer and in all fairness he still has that cup final he can maybe wins.

Who do we go to next though? I mean which top manager is looking at this job and thinking yeah I want a piece of that? We don’t have the pulling power or historical success we had under the previous ownership so don’t get too excited. We aren’t sacking Poch and getting Klopp. Or Pep. Or Tuchel. Or any of these up and coming managers like Xabi Alonso.

The owners are to blame for everything. Absolutely everything. Not one decision they have made has had a positive effect. They have been making awful decisions and gambling since coming in. 

Players are an absolute embarrassment too, people said lads downed tools last season but we have got a squad of gutless nobodies who clearly don’t have what it takes at this level. They’ve barely picked up from what we seen last season at times, if at all, quality wise the level is so bad too. No excuses either they’ve had a pre-season, its a new group with a lot of younger players… you’d expect more energy, a bit of youthful exuberance or a buzz but there is absolutely nothing. And then ability wise, nothing. Clearly. 

Lets just say 80% of the £1 billion we have spent has been wasted and people need to answer for it. Those 2 nuggets in charge of footballing operations- & I’ve been saying it for months and months - aren’t up to it and will be a cancer to any chance this club has of making any progress. Well, if there is any chance.

Seriously wont be going to the Bridge anytime soon. Enough is enough.

Edited by OneMoSalah

51 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

If Boehly/Clownlake have the slightest consideration for Chelsea Football Club then...

They'll put it up for sale, these cunts have destroyed us.

Sell us to Qatar and be done with it.

Someone who has worked at Chelsea for over 15+ years: 

“ One of the players who was shown footage of 2 Luton players running passed him and then scoring, laughed it off and said it wasn’t his fault “

Enzo and Caicedo apparently overweight and he used the word “doughy”

Pasted from X, who knows if it's true, wouldn't put it past this group.

1 hour ago, DH1988 said:

Enzo and Caicedo apparently overweight and he used the word “doughy”

Heh, that's not surprising, Poch doesn't seem like the discipline type. 

1 hour ago, DH1988 said:

“ One of the players who was shown footage of 2 Luton players running passed him and then scoring, laughed it off and said it wasn’t his fault “

Lack of coaching and not dropping players after poor performances has led to this.   Players think they won't get dropped regardless of a shite performance.  You think Mou/Conte would allow this to happen?   Where's the leadership in the team?    Was always going to be a mistake to put a bunch of 22-25 year olds together without any leaders on and off the pitch to guide them.