Man City 2-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

This team can't handle top 4 and cup competitions simultaneously, with all the injuries and loss of form.

If we had to pick a cup competition, FA Cup or CL would be it.

Not this one.

Edited by Blue Armour

12 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

This team can't handle top 4 and cup competitions simultaneously, with all the injuries and loss of form.

If we had to pick a cup competition, FA Cup or CL would be it.

Not this one.

I grew up in an era when the FA Cup was a monster, completely unrecognisable from the tournament it is now. I therefore have a huge emotional commitment to it which younger people do not. Winning that competition is always high on my agenda. However...

If we win the FA Cup we would will still be a bad team. If we win The Champions League, we would still be a bad team. If we win The League Cup, we would still be a bad team. Winning a trophy this year is not about suggesting that we are a good team. It's about camouflaging the fact that we are a bad one. From the point of view of our status in the footballing world a little camouflage can do no harm, and might even help a bit.

Also who doesn't like winning stuff. 🙂

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

I'm at the stage where I was at the end of Lampard's reign where I'm past caring about the results in the next couple of games. 

What I want from this and Newcastle is positive tactical performances that give me some encouragement Potter could be the man longer term, if we lose both the way we lost say the Super Cup vs Liverpool I'd be reasonably content.

I am afraid to say whether or not we knock these guys out depends on them more than it does us. If they put a strong team out I fear for our chances !! The gap in class between a fullish strength City and us is massive. I just hope City aren’t too worried about the game and we actually turn up and play with some guts — and actually play off the front foot

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'm at the stage where I was at the end of Lampard's reign where I'm past caring about the results in the next couple of games. 

What I want from this and Newcastle is positive tactical performances that give me some encouragement Potter could be the man longer term, if we lose both the way we lost say the Super Cup vs Liverpool I'd be reasonably content.

We need a win in one of those games. One domestic win in seven (going by what you're content with) isn't acceptable.

6 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Unless Pep decides to do a mercy killing and plays one of his second string sides.

Will probably be their normal XI with the likes of Ederson, KDB and a few others getting the breather. 

With the way our injury list is, they can probably afford to play a few more kids and still be in control of the game...