Chelsea 1 - 1 RB Salzburg

ZAPHOD2319

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ziyech is so poor now that I’ve come to actually dislike him. And it’s compounded by his piss poor body language. Looks like he isn’t bothered a bit.

Potter needs to refresh the side by the time we next play. Start Broja, start Zakaria, start giving Carney some minutes. Stop trying to make Havertz, Mount, Azpi etc play themselves into form. It’s clearly not working. 

Ajax fans warned us massively on him

I truly want to be patient as it is a logical trajectory for the team to gradually adopt the coach's ideas. On the other hand, life sucks too much for me to be arsed about all of this. I watch Chelsea to escape this depressing life only to feel even more depressed.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

You are in for a wild surprise. 

Tonight was vintage Potter ball. 

that is just silly m8

we produced so many great chances, and if not for a once in a blue moon tackle miss by Thiago, we still would have won 1 nil

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You are in for a wild surprise. 

Tonight was vintage Potter ball. 

Not really I just don't throw my shit out the pram like a pubescent child, when Chelsea draw their first game with a new manager.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Broja needs to start from now on, no excuses. 

Azpi is done, what did he do that Fofana can't? I know Fofana may have had a better chance at closing the gap to the fella who scored, that's for sure. Azpi saw he was there but didn't have the legs to press or try and cut the ball out.. like I say he's done.

Havertz needs to be dropped for the foreseeable future. 

We actually played pretty well in that game but their goal was a result in a lapse of concentration from all involved with Silva lunging into a tackle that didn't need lunging into. 

We attacked with intent and had promising moments... 

The sheer idiocy of people already damming Potter after a week in charge makes me feel ashamed of our own to be honest. 

Need to rally together and support this man. Let him do his work.. 

Good thing about this game is, the players showed potter more than he would of seen in training.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

for years we relied on Kante

now we pay the price as his body unwinds

Chelsea for atleast the 15 years has always had that power house in midfield that solid CDM which now we are lacking for the first time.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

After the last CL under TT did u see is winning that game under him? 

I don't see us losing it and, after all, we won CL under him, so why not? We can only speculate now, it's not like TT or Lamps would get us relegated, things do change around in football. 

I understand You are 100% into Potter, but today we didn't play with different formation, idea, subs, squad or mentality like we used to under TT, so personally I don't see a reason to be optimistic and consider the crisis being on the way to be solved for now.

1 minute ago, Vegetable said:

I don't see us losing it and, after all, we won CL under him, so why not? We can only speculate now, it's not like TT or Lamps would get us relegated, things do change around in football. 

I understand You are 100% into Potter, but today we didn't play with different formation, idea, subs, squad or mentality like we used to under TT, so personally I don't see a reason to be optimistic and consider the crisis being on the way to be solved for now.

Our attack was so much better today, don't really see how u didn't  see a change in setup it's was vastly different today, mentality takes weeks to change especially with confidence at a all time low, we won the CL under Di Matteo aswell so let's not go there, unfortunately TT has to take majority of the blame for this team been how it is.

21 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Chelsea for atleast the 15 years has always had that power house in midfield that solid CDM which now we are lacking for the first time.

It is why I ranted about Tchou for ages, we missed a massive trick last summer

and now will do the same with Moisés Caicedo and Kouadio Koné

fuck this crazed Rice obsession

the bloke doesn't give a fuck about coming to Chels and West Ham will never past with him next summer for less than £125-150m I wager

Zakaria had best come good in a massive way

Edson Álvarez is NOT Chels quality, laughable IMHO to think he is the answer, especially for £50m, he lacks pace and is not technical, he is flat track donkey league bully

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Our attack was so much better today, don't really see how u didn't  see a change in setup it's was vastly different today, mentality takes weeks to change especially with confidence at a all time low, we won the CL under Di Matteo aswell so let's not go there, unfortunately TT has to take majority of the blame for this team been how it is.

Our attack was not converting chances, so product-wise no difference, and the team not being clinical - geezus, I hear it since pre-Sarri at best. Today we did the usual thing, offensive and defensive wise. 

As I said - I don't care for Potter himself, for me it's all on and about Boehly and managing a club. However if he tried risking it all with radically different squad and some clever formation idea intstead of smooth takeover I'd be more sold on his attempt, but it doesn't matter. And I think the mentality issue is bit overblown - I guess it was way worse under late Lampard than now. 

Just ask Yourself - what would You read in this thread if we got the same result with TT?

I don't care for us looking decent against way worse club - I care for us not dropping from CL for now. A good manger must need to know what to do, and will see what he does, but if under Potter things will go the same way with usual "players x and y bad, most expensive transfers in history bad, mentality bad", I'm just fed up with it. Like seriously, there are worse teams than us, doing way better. 

28 minutes ago, DDA said:

Broja needs to start from now on, no excuses. 

Azpi is done, what did he do that Fofana can't? I know Fofana may have had a better chance at closing the gap to the fella who scored, that's for sure. Azpi saw he was there but didn't have the legs to press or try and cut the ball out.. like I say he's done.

Havertz needs to be dropped for the foreseeable future. 

We actually played pretty well in that game but their goal was a result in a lapse of concentration from all involved with Silva lunging into a tackle that didn't need lunging into. 

We attacked with intent and had promising moments... 

The sheer idiocy of people already damming Potter after a week in charge makes me feel ashamed of our own to be honest. 

Need to rally together and support this man. Let him do his work.. 

I mean if Havertz, Azpi, Mount or the same usual suspects continue to get minutes it really is difficult for the bold to happen. 

Missing a player that is dangerous shooting from range imo. Who do we have that can change the game from distance?

Feel like we concede a lot of beautiful goals from outside of the box and score 0.

Interesting he went for super experienced CBs at the back, makes sense in a way for your first game but we’ve got to drop Azpi sadly. Legend but he’s done playing at this level.

Feel like Potter will get them playing better. Looking forward to the next few months tbh. 

Surprised people can see a lot of positives in the attacking play tonight. I thought we were overall pretty poor again tonight, it's just so slow and ponderous far too often, I find myself literally screaming at them for some urgency.

I thought once we scored the goal there might be a reaction but it's back to a lax approach again and ultimately as usual we're punished by their one real chance. But really we should be doing far more to get a second goal and kill the game off. 

I point absolutely no fingers at Potter, he's been here literally days but tonight should highlight to him just what a job he has on his hands where expectations are high but the mentality running throughout the squad is abysmal.