Chelsea 1 - 1 RB Salzburg

ZAPHOD2319

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

And it's hardly going to be with results and performances like this. Usually new manager..something changes for a little while but clearly the problems run a lot deeper.

We actually played well, we dominated that game, finishing needs sorting and these little defensive mistakes 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We are genuinely spending our way to mid table mediocrity. 

Did u think after 1 game we was going to be completely transformed? I really don't know what u was expecting from a team that had 0 confidence before this game, u do realise confidence isn't sold in a bottle, takes time.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

We actually played well, we dominated that game, finishing needs sorting and these little defensive mistakes 

Which has been the story so far and is costing us big time...no point having the ball and doing sod all with it which is what happens a fair bit. This and last season. Luckily there is a break now! Not playing Sunday is a relief really.

Hopefully we can pull it together but 2 games in and no win and bottom...drop points in the next game and can't see it changing qualifying wise.

Edited by Laylabelle

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I genuinely believe we finish second in this group, new man needs time to get the ideas across and build confidence, far to early to be pressing panic buttons

Guess find out in a few weeks when we go again 

Edited by Laylabelle

Ziyech is so poor now that I’ve come to actually dislike him. And it’s compounded by his piss poor body language. Looks like he isn’t bothered a bit.

Potter needs to refresh the side by the time we next play. Start Broja, start Zakaria, start giving Carney some minutes. Stop trying to make Havertz, Mount, Azpi etc play themselves into form. It’s clearly not working. 

8 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Did u think after 1 game we was going to be completely transformed? I really don't know what u was expecting from a team that had 0 confidence before this game, u do realise confidence isn't sold in a bottle, takes time.

That's based on the assumption that Tuchel was to blame - he did n't know football systems, he was no manager for Chelsea.
Does it really looke like it ?

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I genuinely believe we finish second in this group, new man needs time to get the ideas across and build confidence, far to early to be pressing panic buttons

What ideas? Loads of possession, loads of chances wasted & then concede with basically the only chance the opponents have?

What we saw tonight is no different than what Brighton saw on a consistent basis under Potter. 

Not sold on Potter, but it doesn't matter - we've seen a failure of a club as a whole today. But just don't be ridiculous with "he needs time" to win a 100% won game. If he was appointed to "have time", it would happen after season. When Tuchel was appointed it wasn't for him to apply his philosophy but to get result. 

Nothing personal about Potter - don't know him and don't care. Point is today's only goal was to win the game and club as a whole - manager, players and owners, failed at accomplishing it. 

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If one of Zargreb or Salzberg manage to win their double header and we struggle against Milan, we could be out by the 4th game. 

250m spent. 

obviously it is not my money, BUT if they had bought the players I wanted, when I said buy, we would not be here

that is not me being hubristic I feel, at all. It is me being realistic.

I honestly think I am a better judge of talent than many in our old scouting team, and many on the old board, plus some decisions by the new ones

I know it makes sound like a delided bish, but I am sticking to me guns

for sure Tchou at DMF (could have had him FOR SURE last summer) would be a massive upgrade, and I NEVER would have bought many on the squad or out on loan

we would, for sure have either Osimhen, Vlahovic, or Jesus as our CF

we would still have Rudiger

Theo as our LB (AC Milan, last summer, would have guaranteed taken what we paid for CuCu)

I would never have purchased an ageing out KK

I am fairly sure that I would have picked off Armel Bella-Kotchap for pennies

etc etc

I could list 15 more things

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

What ideas? Loads of possession, loads of chances wasted & then concede with basically the only chance the opponents have?

What we saw tonight is no different than what Brighton saw on a consistent basis under Potter. 

Brighton would of won that game. What we saw tonight is a team with no confidence and they had no confidence before potter was appointed

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

They had three or four.

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Brighton would of won that game. What we saw tonight is a team with no confidence and they had no confidence before potter was appointed

You are in for a wild surprise. 

Tonight was vintage Potter ball. 

3 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Not sold on Potter, but it doesn't matter - we've seen a failure of a club as a whole today. But just don't be ridiculous with "he needs time" to win a 100% won game. If he was appointed to "have time", it would happen after season. When Tuchel was appointed it wasn't for him to apply his philosophy but to get result. 

Nothing personal about Potter - don't know him and don't care. Point is today's only goal was to win the game and club as a whole - manager, players and owners, failed at accomplishing it. 

After the last CL under TT did u see is winning that game under him?