Chelsea 2 - 1 West Ham

James

Yeah, so another dragging game, hard to blame Mendy for first goal, rather defenders positioning, Jorgi almost costing us again, terrible to watch, but points are point and league is won with points, not occasional 1:0 with Pool.

100% correct decision on WHU - Bowen tried to be cheeky and ref caught it. Not the first time, as he pushed Cucu after his yellow "foul". You can't touch GK, full stop.

Of course, FA will pretend they didn't hear Rice and Moyes ass pain against ref, because they are not Chelsea nor Mourinho, pathetic.

Edited by Vegetable

5 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, so another dragging game, hard to blame Mendy for first goal, rather defenders positioning, Jorgi almost costing us again, terrible to watch, but points are point and league is won with points, not occasional 1:0 with Pool.

100% correct decision on WHU - Bowen tried to be cheeky and ref caught it. Not the first time, as he pushed Cucu after his yellow "foul". You can't touch GK, full stop.

Of course, FA will pretend they didn't hear Rice and Moyes ass pain against ref, because they are not Chelsea nor Mourinho, pathetic.

Come on now. It was not even studs first on Mendy. Got super lucky. The same decision other way around and this forum would be fuming

21 minutes ago, Strike said:

Come on now. It was not even studs first on Mendy. Got super lucky. The same decision other way around and this forum would be fuming

Agreed. Although we needed some luck based on the law of averages.

Also, another terrible performance for the majority of a game. Hope Tuchel sorts it out. 

22 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Agreed. Although we needed some luck based on the law of averages.

Also, another terrible performance for the majority of a game. Hope Tuchel sorts it out. 

Yep. The only positive is the team is 5th despite not deserving to win any of the first six

Re. the disallowed goal let me describe two more historic ones:
In this context pens and disallowed goals fall in the same category.

Attacking player attempts cross from the right wing, from inside the area. A defender barges in, the attacker sees the defender's leg coming down like a saw, manages to make a feeble cross then gets hacked down.
The feeble cross makes the ball move slowly towards the goalkeeper. It's an easy catch. But the attacking player was taken down before the ball reached the keeper. It's a pen - the man in possession of the ball is 
supposed to be the attacker.
There were loud protests from the team that was punished. It was an off the ball incident they said. But no, it does not count as off the ball incident.

The other one. Attacker runs with the ball inside the penalty area. The goalkeeper manages to deflect the ball. The ball moves away, towards the sideline for a throw in. But before the ball is out the goalkeeper
touches the legs of the attacker and brings him down. Rather both things happened at the same time. Goalkeeper deflects the ball towards the sideline with his knee and the same knee then brings down the 
attacker. As the ball had not left the field of play a pen was awarded. 
Again protests for off the ball incident, protests because the ball was certainly going out of play but no. The strict interpretation of the rule says pen.

36 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I have to ask this question.

Why is TT so reluctant to play Broja, especially from the start.

I mean fucking hell he plays 2 WB's crossing the ball for midgets, how on earth can he see Pulisic as an option over Broja.

He’s delusional. Laughable how random fans can pick better lineups than millionaire coaches. 

42 minutes ago, lucio said:

He’s delusional. Laughable how random fans can pick better lineups than millionaire coaches. 

Really don't know what he was expecting with the lineup he put out there. Two wingers and basically no support against a team you knew would play back.

Such a sissy way to play against weaker opposition and in the end we almost dropped more points....

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

I have to ask this question.

Why is TT so reluctant to play Broja, especially from the start.

I mean fucking hell he plays 2 WB's crossing the ball for midgets, how on earth can he see Pulisic as an option over Broja.

I'm fully in favour of playing Mando. I'm on record from his academy days as saying I consider him a better prospect than Tammy so, whether I was right or wrong about that, I hope it's clear that I believe he deserves a chance. On the question of WB play however, although I wasn't at the game yesterday, I have the impression that TT is encouraging them to drive the ball low into the box, rather than crossing it. If my impression is right then no doubt this is exactly because of the midgets.

8 hours ago, Strike said:

I think You underestimate how much we got used to being shafted by officials.

Studs no studs, doesn't matter. Contact could be light, but what was the point? Will GK react the same to open space vs striker running towards his head full speed and boots up front? This situation is exactly why strikers try tu jump over keepers with legs high up or avoid them otherwise. There's a difference between playing pro football and some sunday league shady bs.

It’s early season. Manager and coaches are selecting who are best fit to play based on that they see in training. Some may even be carrying an extra stone or two.

Some of the new signings still don’t look the part, but I will refrain from passing judgement until they have a chance to get going as we did business fairly late in the window and that also affects the whole team… not to mention the manager.

Edited by robsblubot

The only positive from the game was 3 points ... would have taken a draw, that is how bad we were. 

We got lucky big time on Saturday (it needed an individual brilliance to get us going) , we were pathetic. Missed out the ball too many times, very defensive in our approach, bad calls by ref, opposition playing bad (there were time when they picked up and we were seen wanting for solutions). 

I dont get why are we not in the opposition box making runs and opening gaps, we keep hovering in the middle of the pitch without much meaningful inroads into the final third. With such tactics even if we had Haaland he would had struggled. 

Tuchel and the team has to really find sync else we are looking to finish outside top 6.