Chelsea 2 - 1 West Ham

James

9 minutes ago, LegenTerry said:

We got away with win today. Goal should never be disallowed, thankfully it was, maybe FA  compensated and gave us back those two points from Spurs game.

Will continue to post every time that Broja just have to be in the first team! His effort and and runs changed the game, with Chilli wonder of course. 

Hopefully TT will finally change something against  much weaker team in Champions league now, otherwise we are fucked if we continue like this. 

Hope Kai can get something out of winning goal and start performing after today. 
We can have possession but we ain't scoring. Simply as that. 

Wrong.
Consider it as an off the ball incident if you like but it's still a foul on the keeper.

the vast majority of the press and pundits are ripping us to shreds over that VAR call

I saw NONE of them slating us now complaining about the Spuds robbery

in fact, that scum cunt hack Tony Pulis has done a 180

he said the spuds call was legit and we should stop whingeing

but NOW...........

Tony Pulis comments on 'ridiculous' decision in Chelsea's win v West Ham

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/news/tony-pulis-comments-on-ridiculous-decision-in-chelseas-win-v-west-ham/

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

the vast majority of the press and pundits are ripping us to shreds over that VAR call

but NOW...........

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/news/tony-pulis-comments-on-ridiculous-decision-in-chelseas-win-v-west-ham/

I so detest that Welsh sheep shagger

most anti football manager ever in the EPL for multiple seasons

10 minutes ago, LegenTerry said:

We have to be objective and honest. Decision was bad and we would go wild on this forum if we were  the team who got a goal disallowed like that.

But thankfully we have our 2 points they stole against us versus Spurs ! 

It was the right decision, can't leave your foot in like that on a goalkeeper 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

but NOW...........

I used tot think the same about such incidents.
On another occasion I phoned a radio station and made noise like Mourinho.
But the rule is that it should n't count.

Just now, Alabama said:

Zakaria....you have only one assignment I don't wanna see Jorginho again...

Jorginho nearly cost us the game again thanks to the post...

your gran could nick the ball off of Jorginho these days, as could mine

10 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Zakaria....you have only one assignment I don't wanna see Jorginho again...

Jorginho nearly cost us the game again thanks to the post...

I couldn't believe it when he lost the ball having just come on. Any sort of pressure & he crumbles.

It's a soft decision. I can understand why it's been disallowed but it's one of those I'd be furious if we were on the wrong end of.

I have full sympathy for Moyes having to come out and do an interview so soon after too, just like Tuchel the other week. It's not fair that managers are put in a position so soon after a game and given such a short leash with which to talk, moan and criticise decisions and incidents in a game.

One point on Cucurella - I think he's a good signing and will be a very good player here but from an attacking perspective the difference between Chilwell and him was night and day today. It's nothing to do with technique as Cucurella is a very capable player on the ball, it's the mindset and mentality to attack the spaces and run in beyond our attack.

James and Chilwell have both pretty much mastered it and it has a significant positive impact on the overall attacking impetus of the team.

A lot of people mention about attackers, especially wide ones, taking time to adapt to Pep because he likes them to take less touches on the ball and develop a mindset to consistently make runs into the spaces to overload attacks. We need a similar approach from our wing backs to support the attack so we're attacking with 5 or 6 players rather than 2 or 3, and Cucurella doesn't really offer this yet, his comfort is sticking wide and offering an option in the half spaces. Chilwell and James when fit last season and this have stepped that part of their games up compared to Tuchel's first half season here and I think in Cucurella's case he'll need some time and patience just to develop that part of his game.

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

but NOW...........

That just makes me more pleased about the VAR decision

50 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I so detest that Welsh sheep shagger

most anti football manager ever in the EPL for multiple seasons

i for one don’t miss his thug Stoke and Palace teams, he did provide an Istanbul moment against the scousers that destroyed any lingering title hopes they had in 2014🤣

Edited by Johnnyeye

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

do not want to see Pulisic again

same for Jorginho (and NO, RLC there is NOT the answer)

Fofana was good

as I said before, Chilwell MOTM

Mount still looks out of sorts

KK was better, still needs to sharpen up his long balls

Broja needs to start for now

I'll give Fofana a pass because it's only his first game with us, but he doesnt seem to be getting tight enough to attackers to block crosses coming in from his flank.

A prime example of this is for the West Ham chance that cannoned off the post in the 2nd half. The cross came in from his flank, and Koulibaly was woefully out of position to prevent the shot.

I'm hoping Fofana will improve, and KK settles in, but we really need to go in for another world class CB or two next season. And hope Colwill has a good loan at Brighton.