Chelsea 2 - 1 West Ham

James

1 minute ago, Blues11 said:

Happy with the three. Good for Chilly. 

Hate that we're still so shit on corners but rely on them with how conservative we play.

Conor still looks shaky and should probably be dropped. Our midfield is still the weakest link on this team.

That was so soft by Mendy...Reece James didn't do him any favors but he needs to man up because that could have easily still counted. 

Mendy hesitated a lot, just go for the ball, we got a lucky break here

4 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Mendy hesitated a lot, just go for the ball, we got a lucky break here

Mendy could even catch it with his hands. Poor guy was crippled - he needs serious work at the moment and as hesitant as I have been with trying Kepa again, he should start the Champions League game I think

It was n't a goal.
Let me describe a similar situation.
Attacker attempts a cross from somewhere in the midefield. Easy clearance. Ball takes trajectory towards the midfield again and is inches from crossing the line for a throw in (as we saw later in the replays).
At that point some infiringement takes place in the penalty area, a bump rather between two players.
Decision pen.
It does n't matter where the ball is. Only if possession has changed.

Edited by cosmicway

Oh was that a shitty game with good luck for Chelsea. Mendy I can't see anymore, I hope they get Oblak at the end of his contract 2023🤩 Pulisic RLC and Jorginho can go right away. Gallagher needs another season loan is still not enough for Chelsea.

Lucky but maybe this makes up for the Spurs game (Although felt they were fortunate to still have Antonio on the pitch to score their goal). Either way we needed that, we looked so devoid of confidence, too many players looking scared to make a mistake and playing safe. About time we came from behind to win a game no matter how we managed to find a way. Have to look at this as a building block and onwards to the Champions League now.