Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

42 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Is this based on the current situation with much lower turnover due to Covid?

If this was their standard position in a non Covid time, how is it possible to comply with FFP?

Before Covid their situation was not as disastrous as now, but still quite unsustainable. I remember in 2019 when they signed Griezmann they funded the signing with a short-term bank loan with high interest rates so the financial mismanagement goes back way before the pandemic. Because Messi's salary has always been outrageously high their squad players also make more than star players at other clubs, and that's why they are having problems shipping anyone out. 

Obviously pre-covid they must have thought they would get away with the recklessness it if they just invest a bit more money and get the team back to their winning ways but then covid happened and their situation moved from bad to worse. Laporta just said the club are projecting losses of €487M (!!!) for the last financial year. They were already neck deep in debts that they can't pay back so I don't think many banks will grant them any more credit either. From everything I've read on the matter it sounds they need a miracle to even survive the next couple of years without the whole club going under.

Either the Spanish government will have to bail them out (which would be questionable given the whole nation is deep in debt as well and always need more money from EU) or they'll have to sell out to the sheikhs or something. 

15 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

The look on Neymar face when he escaped Barca only to have PSG sign Messi on higher wages. Wherever he goes, he can't escape this guys shadow. 

pretty sure neymar is one of the main reasons of why messi is going to psg.

25 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This is 100 percent happening, confirmed by Matt Law on the podcast. His girlfriend is in London and up until two weeks ago he was content at Milan but the force of Chelsea and Tuchel speaking to him has sold it to him. He has asked Inter to let him leave and they won't stand in his way. The deal is on the verge of being announced and Lukaku could fly to London this weekend.

This isn't just the club wanting him but the coach too.

Nice. Now hopefully Koundé follows quickly afterwards. Having both in for match week 1 would be great.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Thats ridiculous but it is what happens when you pay Umtiti and Roberto 24m per year each before tax.

55 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

China bank Corp. just sued Inter and owner, Steven Zhang  for 255 million dollars on unpaid bank dues. I feel bad for Inter's fans though, for the mismanagement by Suning but it was coming.

I really hope that the consequences of stupidities like these will force football to wake up at long last.

27 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I really hope that the consequences of stupidities like these will force football to wake up at long last.

Hi OFAG

Think only when something they have done that actually makes them lose money would alter things. 

The other thing is if you look at top clubs now, they're not even bought to make money for the super-rich any more, they are more of a trophy thing, like a rich old geezer with a twenty something wife

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Either PSG sell Mbappe now or let him walk for free next summer. PSG don't have strong leverage, Mbappe hold all the card.

That is true, but they wont sell him now though, no chance of that. Still they should not be within FFP, relaxed or not. I mean look how many they have bought this window and their wages, on top of what they had already, now add Messi too.....its obviously not doable for PSG's TRUE revenue.

3 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Lukaku is done...

stop saying that shit until is official

Pedulla also reports Inter are only willing to accept cash (115-120m plus bonuses).

According to GdS, Inter are only willing to accept 120m cash while Chelsea insist on inserting a counterpart in the deal. After Inter rejecting Alonso, Chelsea are now offering Emerson or Zappacosta.

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

stop saying that shit until is official

Pedulla also reports Inter are only willing to accept cash (115-120m plus bonuses).

According to GdS, Inter are only willing to accept 120m cash while Chelsea insist on inserting a counterpart in the deal. After Inter rejecting Alonso, Chelsea are now offering Emerson or Zappacosta.

At this point it's not shit...you are the only folk here living in denial...

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

That is true, but they wont sell him now though, no chance of that. Still they should not be within FFP, relaxed or not. I mean look how many they have bought this window and their wages, on top of what they had already, now add Messi too.....its obviously not doable for PSG's TRUE revenue.

They can make Mbappe stay, but it will be their loss.