Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Other than very loose links with Tchaomeni months ago, have we actually been linked with any midfielders? Of course Rice had been talked about forever but that’s never, ever happening this summer.

Feels like we’d have heard whispers simmering for a while now if we actually were after someone like we have with Koundé and Lukaku.

I think the plan from the club is to not sign a midfielder and hope Billy kills it at Norwich so he’s ready to slot in next summer.

24 minutes ago, Jase said:

This doesn't really make sense...

I once signed Anjorin for my team in Football Manager and successfully converted him to play in a two man midfield where he was an absolute monster. Was a close runner for the Ballon d'Or even. 😆

8 minutes ago, Jype said:

I once signed Anjorin for my team in Football Manager and successfully converted him to play in a two man midfield where he was an absolute monster. Was a close runner for the Ballon d'Or even. 😆

Soon we won't have a midfielder who is not Ballon d'Or candidate at this point 😅

11 minutes ago, Jype said:

I ditched him almost immediately. 🤣

And speaking of Football Manager...

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Imagine Messi for 2-3 seasons. 

Bonkers. 

I don't think Messi would be good for the development of our players. I also really do not want the drama that goes with him. We have people falling out over Lukaku being 28.....Messi is 34. I am a fan of Messi's career, but do not want a retirement stop.

If Roman got his wish years ago and Pep was currently Chelsea manger I think Messi would probably be on his way.

But no chance here. He wants to play with his mates in Paris before retiring to Inter Miami in a couple of years.

This from a Tier 1 Inter source apparently...

"At 12:20 CET today, the only offer presented to Inter from Chelsea for Lukaku, is that of 100M + Marcos Alonso.

The raise will come, but at the moment the English club - who have total agreement with the player - are taking a timeout."

MESSI IS COMING, Y'ALL!

27 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I don't think Messi would be good for the development of our players. I also really do not want the drama that goes with him. We have people falling out over Lukaku being 28.....Messi is 34. I am a fan of Messi's career, but do not want a retirement stop.

So you prefer Lukaku over the best player in the world and the best ever?