Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

26 minutes ago, DDA said:

They will win it eventually. Messi, Neymar, Mbappe.

Jeeez

I bet you they won’t any time soon. They will continue to get killed by teams who take the game to them and punch them in the nose. Teams that aren’t scared or intimidated by them like all of the French clubs are.

They’ll get to the last 8 again and one of the English sides will knock them out.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

The club announced it and made farewell video. I guess this could all reverse itself. But to say “ I don’t see it happening at all.”

i didnt see the announcement, and you don’t need to make a meal out of my comment

Just now, Atomiswave said:

How the fuck does PSG by pass FFP? They keep buying and buying and some of their players are on high wages, now add Messi on top. Clearly cheating. No chance they are making near enough money to cover all that shit.

They could sign Messi and sell Mbappe.

40 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

How the fuck does PSG by pass FFP? They keep buying and buying and some of their players are on high wages, now add Messi on top. Clearly cheating. No chance they are making near enough money to cover all that shit.

There was an investigation once bc PSG kept offsetting their losses with Qatar money that was declared as sponsorship money. But they then bribed the UEFA duds so they declared "all is fine". Now they have a free pass.

16 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

there are so many conflicting articles about Inter's board being onboard with this sale. This article out an hour ago makes the most sense.

https://sempreinter.com/2021/08/05/suning-accept-chelseas-obscene-lukaku-offer-as-inter-directors-failed-to-meet-financial-objectives-italian-media-report/

"Adding to this the fact that the likes of Alexis Sanchez, Ivan Perisic, and Arturo Vidal are currently set to stay on at the club, and the ownership is still displeased with the financial situation at the club even after Hakimi’s sale."

The irony of Inter's finances being fucked up because of Conte's expensive has-beens... 

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

The club announced it and made farewell video. I guess this could all reverse itself. But to say “ I don’t see it happening at all.”

Messi could still end up staying though. In their announcement Barcelona played the victim card and blamed it all on evil La Liga who bullied them by not allowing them to register Messi's new contract even though the club and player had already agreed everything. At the moment it looks like it's all a big bluff to see if La Liga will budge with their FFP rules for Barcelona, because no Messi will mean less money (league sponsorships, broadcasting etc.) for the league too.

I think it's very Liverpool of them to portray themselves as the victim in the situation. Nobody forced them to spend almost half a billion euros on duds like Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann and pay them absurdly inflated wages for years, and nobody forced them to pay Messi €100M a year in wages either if they couldn't afford it. But instead of facing the consequences of having to do a smart rebuild of the squad and tightening their purse strings for a few years they're still going all-in on the idea of a Super League which would 'save' them of their financial problems.

I think it's telling that at the moment no Barca player, neither current or former, has commented anything publicly on the matter. You would think if it's 100% settled that Messi is not staying the first thing they'd all do is go to their social medias and milk it for as much as they can by saying what a privilege it's been to play with Messi and how much they'll miss him etc. So far there's been nothing which would suggest they're still playing the waiting game to see if the club can somehow squeeze in Messi's new contract, allowing him to stay.

At the moment I'd say i's about 50/50 whether he stays or joins PSG or something. 

Edited by Jype

Yup Barca failed to sell any of players with those ridiculous high wages that they chose to give them and now acting as its La Liga's fault with their rules.

We also need to keep this is mind as we also have done the same, thankfully no rules regarding wages here... yet