Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Lukaku is the death of Broja and Soonsup Bell. Classic Chelsea

A bit extreme, even if Rom was here for 5 years Jude would be 22 at that point. If anything a striker of Lukaku's age gives him a better chance as a potential opening will arise at the perfect age.

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel 'ready to sell 12 players' including Callum Hudson-Odoi

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1471241/Chelsea-transfer-news-thomas-tuchel-callum-hudson-odoi-tammy-abraham-premier-league-news

The likes of Erling Haaland and Romelu Lukaku have reportedly been tailed by the Blues this summer, the kind of players who are not simply purchased on a whim.

Thankfully for Chelsea, their tendency to loan out fringe players normally leaves them with a substantial amount of ‘deadwood’ in and around the squad.

To raise the kind of funds necessary to land one of Europe’s hottest strikers, there may be next to no deadwood remaining when the window slams shut, with a 12-man transfer list reported by The Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/02/romelu-lukaku-back-top-chelseas-new-striker-wish-list/

ac82a1770509eb098ce36c78ebb877f3.png

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I never said I want Haaland either

So what's your solution? Do nothing to address the problems up front and just pray for Werner, Havertz find their shooting boots for the next few seasons and that Broja and Soonsup-Bell develop enough over the next 3-4 years to be regulars at age 21-22?

JSB is 17 and Broja is 19. If anything, getting a 28yo Lukaku should be great for them. By the time Lukaku is 'finished' (which most here think is in 2-3 years because all footballers supposedly turn shit after 30) they're still at a decent enough age to start getting more regular game time. 

Edited by Jype

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

yep. started to slow down as he approached 31yo

if same things happen with Lukaku, we are dumping out what will likely be £120/130m (WELL over £200m when salary and fees/add-ons are tossed in) for 2 prime years, 3 max, and a rapid decline with fuckall for resale value

shit business that is

you also wanted us to sell kante two years ago because he was injured and he is declining physically..

10 minutes ago, whats happening said:

you also wanted us to sell kante two years ago because he was injured and he is declining physically..

Sarri damn near destroyed him

and at that time it would have been over £100m

Tuchel re-invigorated his career, plus he thankfully recovered from a horrid run of injuries

if Lamps had stayed and just lumped on we would not even be having this  interaction

both Sarri and Lampard completely misused him

my recco of selling was based of that continued mis-use and his continuing run of injuries

I stand by it FOR THAT TIME

I put myself out there A LOT, so I am bound to be wrong on occasion

but overall I would stack my record up against yours any day of the goddamn week