Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Still better than Stones and Dunk, and is a free transfer so no risk really...

Both those suck so thats not a good benchmark

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Are you serious? 

For one, his IQ as a central defender is miles above anyone we currently have. He's experienced, can play out of the back, great at set pieces, and most importantly, he's composed. He has all the qualities our current CB's lack. He would not only be a good short fix, but this would free up funds for a GK and LB. 

Genuinely mystifying there a sum that would be against this :lol:

He is not fast enough, not strong enough and only getting worse. JT too has an IQ and a leader, he would still get eaten alive today in epl. Let Arsenal and the likes to these deals, we shouldnt imo. Either get quality or wait it out. All these Dunk's and Stones and Silva's they will not fix our issues....imo.

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Both those suck so thats not a good benchmark

He is not fast enough, not strong enough and only getting worse. JT too has an IQ and a leader, he would still get eaten alive today in epl. Let Arsenal and the likes to these deals, we shouldnt imo. Either get quality or wait it out. All these Dunk's and Stones and Silva's they will not fix our issues....imo.

I'd rather Thiago Silva for a year, on a free, than who we've currently been linked with. It is bar none the most sensible decision that at the very least improves our back line. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'd rather Thiago Silva for a year, on a free, than who we've currently been linked with. It is bar none the most sensible decision that at the very least improves our back line. 

Yes I get that, but those names suck ass and not a benchmark, he might do better but will it be good enough? Will it be on a 1 year deal? Can he live with the pace in epl? The risk of getting injured is only higher the older you are and at this level I cant see him be the answer. Hey it might work but its risky. If he still had it im sure other clubs would be in for him. He is 36, playing in the most demanding league....might as well kept hold of DL then.

7 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yes I get that, but those names suck ass and not a benchmark, he might do better but will it be good enough? Will it be on a 1 year deal? Can he live with the pace in epl? The risk of getting injured is only higher the older you are and at this level I cant see him be the answer. Hey it might work but its risky. If he still had it im sure other clubs would be in for him. He is 36, playing in the most demanding league....might as well kept hold of DL then.

ITS FREEEEEEEE

As one of the most intelligent defenders of his generation he could teach our cbs a thing or too for sure. I dont think he would add much playing himself, he does not have the time to get acclimatized to the league etc. but alone trianing with him might make zouma etc step up a bit. also looks fit enough to play another year at least in the cups wecould use him as we probably will loan out tomori so as 4th cb why not. should not be the only cb signing tho

Fans have been crying out for a defensive coach sign him for a season and offer him a coaching role after that. Keeper and defence are a shambles anything is better then what we've got at the moment only Aspi potentially won't be sold the rest of them we should listen to offers. If there was the usual pre season break there would be quite a few departures unfortunately we only have a matter of weeks so we're stuck with them. 

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

ITS FREEEEEEEE

Sorry that doesnt make it more attractive.....if the club wants him then it is what it is, I for one wont have high hopes that he is someone that can make us more solid. He is 36 man.....the pace will destroy him in epl.

Silva as a 1 year stopgap while Timo Werner taps up Upamecano for months and we trigger his release clause next summer. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Our good relationship with RB Leipzig should give us the leg up.

33 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Silva as a 1 year stopgap while Timo Werner taps up Upamecano for months and we trigger his release clause next summer. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Our good relationship with RB Leipzig should give us the leg up.

Or Ibrahima Konate...

22 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I heard many times that we need CB leader? Not many available if any. And they will be so expensive but we cannot afford it because we are splashing cash elsewhere.

Look at Thiago Silva. Dont look any further. Free agent in 6 days, world class in everything, leader...  Yes 36 next month, but he is still at top level.

Give him 2 years contract, we will not regret it I promise. Exactly the type of player we need. Can not see any better options available right now, considering price, contracts and everything...

Dunk for 40-50m? Hahaha.

I wrote this yesterday and now this rumors? :lol:

Also on Sarri thread I said how Roma could be a option for Jorginho and also rumor today about this.

Sometimes I think these journalists find stories to write by reading things online...

10 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i suggested thiago silva here like a month ago and then @Vesper jumped on me how he's already 47 year old :(

Him and Zouma would be a perfect combination as Zouma has all abilities Thiago lacks while Thiago has all the abilities Zouma lacks...

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Even on a free for one year its a gamble. Silva without the quality around him at PSG and at 36 is a hard pass. 

I tell you what a gamble is, playing anyone of Rudiger or Alonso next season and they are our players.

Signing Thiago Silva on a one year deal with the option of a second would be ideal. He’s got a wealth of experience at the top level, which this squad lacks, and would automatically be our best CB.

We’ve complained about a lack of leaders. Here’s one of the best. Sign him up.

Considering the fact that we're going to spend €80-90m on Havertz & We're still looking to buy a new LB and GK, so getting Thiago Silva for free would be a great deal. 

Yeah.  36 years next month but Leader .  Sign him . 

Thiago Silva- Rudiger/ Zouma  looking better .

13 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I tell you what a gamble is, playing anyone of Rudiger or Alonso next season and they are our players.

Of course. Does not make 36 yo Silva any less of a gamble.

35 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I wrote this yesterday and now this rumors? :lol:

Also on Sarri thread I said how Roma could be a option for Jorginho and also rumor today about this.

Sometimes I think these journalists find stories to write by reading things online...

ITK :o