Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

CareFree Youth saying that Atalanta have inquired about Batshuayi.

Would suit their team well given they create tons of chances for their strikers and we've seen Michy can be clinical if the ball is played to him in the box. Asking him to take part in the build-up is where he's useless. 

Don't think Atalanta will pay his wages though. I think their total wage bill at the moment is lower than a lot of teams in the Championship and Batshuayi earns like double compared to their current highest paid players. Of course they could be open to upping their wage bill to go with their new status as a CL level club (qualified twice in a row) but not sure about that. 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

"Batshuayi has one year left on his deal at the Stamford Bridge but could renew his contract with the Blues."

I'm sure that would go down well with the fans. :lol:

A loan deal with a one year extension to his current deal probably wouldn't be a bad idea though. His remaining amortisation value is €8M which would go down to €4M/year with a one-year extension to his contract. A €3-4M loan fee with the loan club also paying his wages would basically write him off the books for the coming season (saving around €15M compared to this year...) and he could then be sold for €15-20M next year when the market is hopefully better recovered from the covid-effect so it's easier to sell players.

The club have done plenty of similar loan + one year extension type deals, for example Mario Pasalic last year.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Atalanta would probably be a good fit for him as Zapata is sort of similar but with better football intelligence. For me, I want a straight sale, as whilst the league is slower there, Italian defences are much more savvy at playing forwards offside and we all know that Batsh*t is seemingly unaware of what the offside rule is. 

Thiago Silva blow for Chelsea as veteran PSG centre-back 'agrees £70,000-a-week Fiorentina deal and begins house hunting in Florence'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8648099/Thiago-Silva-blow-Chelsea-veteran-PSG-centre-agrees-70-000-week-Fiorentina-deal.html

Fuck I just hope it is not our decision not to go for him.

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Thiago Silva blow for Chelsea as veteran PSG centre-back 'agrees £70,000-a-week Fiorentina deal and begins house hunting in Florence'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8648099/Thiago-Silva-blow-Chelsea-veteran-PSG-centre-agrees-70-000-week-Fiorentina-deal.html

thats basically free lunch there for these wages.

18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Damn. That's such an opportunity missed. 

"Astronomical wages" shit that people spew on here is so weird.

22 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ribery is involved

Fiorentina shot, Thiago Silva said yes!

Four million a year of engagement plus bonuses for the defender. Ribery's presence in the squad plays a very important role

https://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/calcio/calcio-mercato/2020/08/20-72963593/colpo_fiorentina_thiago_silva_ha_detto_s_/

Daily Hail, so take it for what it's worth......

Houssem Aouar wanted by Arsenal with Premier League side already 'offering cash-plus Matteo Guendouzi deal' to Lyon for Champions League star... but Champions League semi-finalists are holding out for offer of £54m

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8648073/Houssem-Aouar-wanted-Arsenal-Premier-League-offering-cash-plus-Matteo-Guendouzi-deal.html

Declan Rice noise sort of died down. Wonder if all our other business is being held up while we sort out Havertz? Similar to United and Sancho where all of our other targets depend on how much cash is left over.

Would be pretty ridiculous if we start the new season with no defensive reinforcements and Willy as our #1. And we only have 3 short weeks to sort it all out.

I don't understand how could Aouar be option for us? Isn't he player in Modrić's mold (just not that good ofc), that kind of type? Why would we need that kind of player and not some highly productive number 10, like Havertz?

Assuming that Kovačić and Kante are worthy starters.