Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

39 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i suggested thiago silva here like a month ago and then @Vesper jumped on me how he's already 47 year old :(

he is 36yo in a month, why would we sign him?

are we really going to start to go rent-a-senior-citizen?

I guess if we literally do NOTHING at CB

but surely we are not going to roll with the 4 we have

who knows

if we loan out Tomori and see nothing we like I out there enough to buy, I guess signing him to a one year deal would not be a disaster

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

who knows

if we loan out Tomori and see nothing we like I out there enough to buy, I guess signing him to a one year deal would not be a disaster

Nevermind the astronomical wages he would demand...

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

idk 1 would rather want a world class 36 yo player than our limp defenders. if he regresses just bench him and he will leave in one year.

then next year go after upamecano.

You're assuming he would accept a 1 year contract.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

who knows

He is free and we dont have cash for world class CB, while it wod be complete crap to go for another average, 40m+ Dunk, Tarkowski,...

Yet  we cant stick with only current CBs.

So Silva makes plenty sense. For a year, it would be great deal, because we can buy LB and GK then. And we can focus on CB or even two next summer.

Thats said, I think Psg let go Thiago because they offered 1 year and he wanted 2. Not sure why would he join us for one year. Id go with 2 tbh, but only if he accepts decent wages.

who knows
According to Telegraph, he wants to play in PL and will accept a pay cut.

He still is an amazing defender and he has football IQ, which we lack so much. All PSG fans want him to stay because he is their best defender. Physically, he is in great shape

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

3 hours ago, DANILA said:

Still better than Stones and Dunk, and is a free transfer so no risk really...

Yes it is. For me Silva for a year + a year makes me think of the time Blanc went to Utd and was one of there best defenders and helped the young defensive unit. For me, this deal actually makes quite a lot of sense as he will give us a upgrade on what we have, we could get shot of one of the three main CB's currently on the pay scale and next year we can try and get a Upa or one of the other decent CB's going into a final year or two/with a decent buy out. 

This actually makes sense. 

58 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Apparently he has always wanted to play in the PL so to make it happen he is going to take a big pay cut. 

59 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

to play devil's advocate, it would be for one year only and no transfer fee

and his wages at 36yo will never be THAT high

Silva is asking for €10m for the year

https://www.football-italia.net/154695/report-thiago-silva-wants-10m-year

thats £175K PW

we can handle that for one year

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

He is free and we dont have cash for world class CB, while it wod be complete crap to go for another average, 40m+ Dunk, Tarkowski,...

Yet  we cant stick with only current CBs.

So Silva makes plenty sense. For a year, it would be great deal, because we can buy LB and GK then. And we can focus on CB or even two next summer.

Thats said, I think Psg let go Thiago because they offered 1 year and he wanted 2. Not sure why would he join us for one year. Id go with 2 tbh, but only if he accepts decent wages.

he want 10m euros a year

£175K PW

I cannot see us dumping €20m on him (2 years)

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he want 10m euros a year

£175K PW

I cannot see us dumping €20m on him (2 years)

I'd imagine we have to offer him a minimum of 1+1 with the second year being dependent on number of games/achievements etc. 

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

I'd imagine we have to offer him a minimum of 1+1 with the second year being dependent on number of games/achievements etc. 

IF we bring in Havertz, Theo/Reguion or (more likely due to the buyback demands of the RM cunts and then Theo probably refusing to leave AC Milan) Chilwell, plus a goddman GOOD GK and Rice (DMF NOW, CB later, or just partially now), then I am totally oki with Silva for a year or so

Chilwell, Rice and say Onana will cost around £150-170m.(Havertz is already budgeted for)

we have more than enough dregs to sell (even at cut-rate prices) to get us there

I hope this is how we will look in August 2021. And I think it is realistic.

Havertz and Chilwell are just days away from Chelsea so by the end of August we will have 7 of these players.

How to get 4 others? 

Rice is going to be a Chelsea player in the future this is pretty clear. But we cannot get them all this summer and I think he is not a priority at the moment so leave him for next summer.

Upamecano 42m euros release clause next summer is no brainer. Yes, other top clubs will be all over him but we are having very exciting project and Timo can help with this transfer?

And Gimenez and Oblak left. Get one this summer and the other one next one. After Kai and Ben we will have full September to go for one of them. Contact with Oblak clearly exist and Gimenez just flirted with us :wub:

So we have to be patient to make this amazing team and we would have to accept that next season we would still have some big holes in the team. But Kova can still do a job in Rice position and Zouma/Rudi can be solid sometimes.

It is essential that we do not go and buy some players this summer just because we need someone for that position. Like Onana or Pope for 30-40m, Dunk or White for big price or something like that. This would stop us to make this team in 12 months.

But who fits the profile? Thiago Silva, yes, he is perfect for us in this moment. Take him for a year and go for our boys next summer.

So I would go for Oblak now and leave Gimenez, Upamecano and Rice for next summer.

Oblak, Chilwell, Thiago Silva, Rudi/Zouma, Azpi/James, Kante, Kovacic, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner for next season can still be awesome. In the summer of 2021 we will just do the finishing touches to make this perfect team.

And I must say I am open to sell Kante and to go with other options.

lineup.png

I hope this is how we will look in August 2021. And I think it is realistic.
Havertz and Chilwell are just days away from Chelsea so by the end of August we will have 7 of these players.
How to get 4 others? 
Rice is going to be a Chelsea player in the future this is pretty clear. But we cannot get them all this summer and I think he is not a priority at the moment so leave him for next summer.
Upamecano 42m euros release clause next summer is no brainer. Yes, other top clubs will be all over him but we are having very exciting project and Timo can help with this transfer?
And Gimenez and Oblak left. Get one this summer and the other one next one. After Kai and Ben we will have full September to go for one of them. Contact with Oblak clearly exist and Gimenez just flirted with us :wub:
So we have to be patient to make this amazing team and we would have to accept that next season we would still have some big holes in the team. But Kova can still do a job in Rice position and Zouma/Rudi can be solid sometimes.
It is essential that we do not go and buy some players this summer just because we need someone for that position. Like Onana or Pope for 30-40m, Dunk or White for big price or something like that. This would stop us to make this team in 12 months.
But who fits the profile? Thiago Silva, yes, he is perfect for us in this moment. Take him for a year and go for our boys next summer.
So I would go for Oblak now and leave Gimenez, Upamecano and Rice for next summer.
Oblak, Chilwell, Thiago Silva, Rudi/Zouma, Azpi/James, Kante, Kovacic, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner for next season can still be awesome. In the summer of 2021 we will just do the finishing touches to make this perfect team.
And I must say I am open to sell Kante and to go with other options.

lineup.png.3a4611e2a7ae09a7b7f70be677aad0aa.png
I must say, that's obviously not realistic. That's 8 new top level starters...that's ridiculous in one window. And honestly not healthy for a squad as a whole.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

I must say, that's obviously not realistic. That's 8 new top level starters...that's ridiculous in one window. And honestly not healthy for a squad as a whole.

One window? Did you read the post or just saw the lineup?