Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

37 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I hope this is how we will look in August 2021. And I think it is realistic.

Havertz and Chilwell are just days away from Chelsea so by the end of August we will have 7 of these players.

How to get 4 others? 

Rice is going to be a Chelsea player in the future this is pretty clear. But we cannot get them all this summer and I think he is not a priority at the moment so leave him for next summer.

Upamecano 42m euros release clause next summer is no brainer. Yes, other top clubs will be all over him but we are having very exciting project and Timo can help with this transfer?

And Gimenez and Oblak left. Get one this summer and the other one next one. After Kai and Ben we will have full September to go for one of them. Contact with Oblak clearly exist and Gimenez just flirted with us :wub:

So we have to be patient to make this amazing team and we would have to accept that next season we would still have some big holes in the team. But Kova can still do a job in Rice position and Zouma/Rudi can be solid sometimes.

It is essential that we do not go and buy some players this summer just because we need someone for that position. Like Onana or Pope for 30-40m, Dunk or White for big price or something like that. This would stop us to make this team in 12 months.

But who fits the profile? Thiago Silva, yes, he is perfect for us in this moment. Take him for a year and go for our boys next summer.

So I would go for Oblak now and leave Gimenez, Upamecano and Rice for next summer.

Oblak, Chilwell, Thiago Silva, Rudi/Zouma, Azpi/James, Kante, Kovacic, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner for next season can still be awesome. In the summer of 2021 we will just do the finishing touches to make this perfect team.

And I must say I am open to sell Kante and to go with other options.

lineup.png

Three of those players are close to impossible in the next two/three windows. Oblak and Gimenez are too expensive and if you're doing over £100m on Gimenez you may as well just go for a De Ligt or Varane or something. 

Rice's contract makes him unlikely also, so unless West Ham are ready to take some serious dregs that are way overpaid, he is also tough. 

Kante imo is a 50/50 to being here, I reckon one good offer takes him as we need to free up some CM positions. 

As for the current squad, I do not see Mount getting dropped anytime soon and I think any new GK is going to have to be budget as Kepa is a massive drain on finances even if we loan him out as he will be something like no loan fee plus 50%+ of his wages. 

I like the idea of Thiago for a year or two. On top of being an amazing player, he's also an excellent mentor for young players. This squad needs some more leadership and experience at the high level. We're probably going to have to offload one of our current CBs though.

What do guys think of ampadu? Honestly think he is good enough to play for us. With how Rudi and AC have performed, I would sell them both and get Thiago Silva and Ampadu in the squad. 

Tomori and Ampadu would learn so much from silva in the 1-2 years. 

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

he want 10m euros a year

£175K PW

I cannot see us dumping €20m on him (2 years)

20m euros for 2 years is nothing.

Dunk is rumored at 40m pounds and lets say 80-100kpw wages. Thats 8m a year (amortized) + 4/5 mil a year wages for the next 5 years after which the re-sale value will be 0. 

That too for a player who barely improves us, can hardly teach a thing or 2 to the likes of ampadu, Andreas, tomori.

6 hours ago, oldportblue said:

I’m all for the thiago silva signing as well but having said that, let’s see how he fares on sunday... if he gets absolutely roasted for several goals, maybe i’ll rethink that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get what you are saying but this place has been crying out all season for leadership. Game after game we kept hearing "Someone fucking organise"

Can Silva come in and be worse than any of our CB's? No way, Rudiger mostly for me has been horrific, he would be benched straight off and Silva straight in. Not only this but he can be absolute golden behind the scenes and I'm a big believer in dressing room leaders too, and that doesn't have to mean he plays all the time.

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

What do guys think of ampadu? Honestly think he is good enough to play for us. With how Rudi and AC have performed, I would sell them both and get Thiago Silva and Ampadu in the squad. 

Tomori and Ampadu would learn so much from silva in the 1-2 years. 

Depends whether we bring new players into these positions, but if I was Ampadu I would strongly consider staying and fighting for my place. I think his versatility to play two positions that are problems for us currently is quite intriguing and he should back himself to get game time. 

None of the centre backs currently at the club are guaranteed their place in the team and in some cases are on thin ice.

But I think the holding midfield position could be what he eyes up in all honesty. He's still raw there but he is a much more solid defensive option than the likes of Jorginho which seems to be what Lampard wants. If the stars aligned he could find himself the primary backup option to Kante and Kante already has doubts now over his long term fitness.

Just now, killer1257 said:

Still probably advises Chelsea for LB targets. He is a huge Chilwell fan.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

We don't know that, do we?

Wasn't Cole asked about Chilwell in a media interview or something? If so, he wasn't going to say he's shit or things like that in the public, is he? 

Moreover, Cole can give his opinion but he's not the one making the final decision to go sign him. So any potential anger directed at Cole here is kinda silly. 

We don't know that, do we?
Wasn't Cole asked about Chilwell in a media interview or something? If so, he wasn't going to say he's shit or things like that in the public, is he? 
Moreover, Cole can give his opinion but he's not the one making the final decision to go sign him. So any potential anger directed at Cole here is kinda silly. 
There must be scouts working for us making the analysis of transfer targets. Every big club has those analysts.
The guy that made the analysis of Kepa and advising Chelsea to buy him needs to be fired and if Chilwell is the next record flop player, the scout that advised Lampard to sign him needs sacking too.

Ashley Cole said that he would love to see Ben Chilwell at Chelsea. If AC did not rate Ben, he could have said that he likes him, but he still needs to improve couple of things. Nothing wrong with fair criticism.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

There must be scouts working for us making the analysis of transfer targets. Every big club has those analysts.
The guy that made the analysis of Kepa and advising Chelsea to buy him needs to be fired and if Chilwell is the next record flop player, the scout that advised Lampard to sign him needs sacking too.

Obviously but every player has weaknesses - and strengths - and am sure Lampard sees somethings in Chilwell that he likes and can improve on. Do think Lampard already has his eyes set on Chilwell early on, any scouting stuff would likely just be used to back him up.

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Ashley Cole said that he would love to see Ben Chilwell at Chelsea.

He did but so? He's still not the one making the final decision.

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

If AC did not rate Ben, he could have said that he likes him, but he still needs to improve couple of things. Nothing wrong with fair criticism.

That is what you want to hear and not what should be said in the public, is it? No manager is crazy enough to criticize a player in the public - fair or not - that he wants to buy. Cole is obviously not the manager but he is part of the club's coaching staff and needs to be careful with what he says. Different case if he's just working as a media pundit. 

From the Guardian

Chelsea are closing in on the signing of Kai Havertz after holding further talks with Bayer Leverkusen over a fee for the winger.

Havertz is intent on joining Stamford Bridge this summer and belief is growing that Chelsea will be able to reach an agreement with Leverkusen. It is understood negotiations between the two clubs are moving at an encouraging pace.

Chelsea’s initial offer of €65m (£58.6m) plus €15m in add-ons earlier this week was not enough to satisfy Leverkusen, who are holding out for as much as €100m. However, it is understood that the Stamford Bridge club, who are hoping to sweeten the deal with lucrative add-ons and bonuses, moved closer to the Bundesliga side’s valuation during a productive meeting on Wednesday

Havertz is one of the best young talents in Europe and signing the 21-year-old would represent a coup for Chelsea, who have already strengthened their attack with the signings of Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech. Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have courted the Germany international but are unable to afford him this summer. Havertz, who has two years left on his current deal, is keen for a fresh challenge following Leverkusen’s failure to qualify for the Champions League.

Alongside champions Liverpool, Chelsea are also monitoring developments with the Brighton defender Ben White. Leeds United have already had two bids for White rejected and although they have made a third offer of £25m, Brighton are determined not to sell the 22-year-old.

Lampard admires White, who helped Leeds win promotion to the Premier League during an impressive spell on loan at Elland Road last season, but it remains to be seen if anyone can come up with enough money to alter Brighton’s stance this summer. White, who has two years left on his contract with the option of an extra year, is yet to agree a new deal with Brighton and has rejected the club’s latest offer.

Chelsea are hunting for defensive reinforcements, with Lampard keen to strengthen at left-back by signing Leicester’s Ben Chilwell. However Chelsea, who want West Ham’s Declan Rice, are likely to need to raise funds through sales before bringing in new defenders.

Emerson Palmieri, out of favour at left-back, is a target for Internazionale and Lampard has been told that he will need to sell one of his four centre-backs before buying one. Fikayo Tomori was the subject of a loan bid from Rennes earlier this month but no decision has been made on the 22-year-olds’ short-term future.

Chelsea could also boost their budget by allowing Jorginho to return to Serie A. Roma are interested in the Italy midfielder, who joined Chelsea from Napoli two years ago.