Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

we will turn it down

as to take it means we then fall under the far harsher UEFA FFP structure

Fair enough.

Usually I'd be happy with that but in this case we really need the first trophy of this new ownership no matter how it comes or what it is.

as I said several times, we need to keep lukaku and play with lukaku and jackson as a back up and save money for one creative midfielr and two very good wingers and sell or madueke or mudryk or both

Edited by Mário César

With all the talks about wingers and strikers for me number one priority should be some world class CB (easy to say, I know..). It's amazing we have so many CBs, that are all liabilities:

- Levi Colwill - we havent seen any of his supposed great playmaking, he is weak defender, playing half a season out of position didn't help, still there is plenty of room to grow

- Badiashille - had some few decent matches last season, this season is constantly injured, and when he played we was terrible

- Silva - legs are gone, he is also slowing the game too much, time to say goodbye

- Disasi - his health and passion are his main assets, other than that he is mistake prone, and poor on the ball

- Chalobah - similar as Disasi minus health, always has mistake in him, poor on the ball also

- Gilchrist - hard to judge him with limited minutes mostly out of position, so far hasnt shown anything other than passion

- Fofana - most of us are slowly forgetting he exists

- Malang Sarr - we forgot he exists.

Even on loan Bashir Humphreys lost his place in first XI in f*g Swansea... No other loanies that we can hope for filling the CB position.

4 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

With all the talks about wingers and strikers for me number one priority should be some world class CB (easy to say, I know..). It's amazing we have so many CBs, that are all liabilities:

- Levi Colwill - we havent seen any of his supposed great playmaking, he is weak defender, playing half a season out of position didn't help, still there is plenty of room to grow

- Badiashille - had some few decent matches last season, this season is constantly injured, and when he played we was terrible

- Silva - legs are gone, he is also slowing the game too much, time to say goodbye

- Disasi - his health and passion are his main assets, other than that he is mistake prone, and poor on the ball

- Chalobah - similar as Disasi minus health, always has mistake in him, poor on the ball also

- Gilchrist - hard to judge him with limited minutes mostly out of position, so far hasnt shown anything other than passion

- Fofana - most of us are slowly forgetting he exists

- Malang Sarr - we forgot he exists.

Even on loan Bashir Humphreys lost his place in first XI in f*g Swansea... No other loanies that we can hope for filling the CB position.

We have to put everything into getting Antonio Silva, he's gonna be a star.

Edited by TheHulk

Douglas Luiz looks ideal for Arsenal as Martin Zubimendi deal doesn’t look easy

I do expect Arsenal to sign a midfielder this summer, but a lot will depend on what happens with the midfielders they currently have.

Jorginho has been superb since his move from Chelsea and my information is that the club are keen to talk to him about extending his stay until beyond 2025. They still feel he has a lot to give at the top level and have been hugely impressed by him, not just on the pitch but off it as well. He is a hugely influential presence in the changing room and on the training ground.

So ideally they would like Jorginho to stay, and then they have to sort out Thomas Partey’s future. Partey still has a year left on his deal and, just like last summer, Arsenal would not stand in his way of leaving should a decent offer arrive for the Ghana international.

Should that happen, then they would have to replace him and Martin Zubimendi is a player they believe can play the Partey role. Mikel Arteta knows Zubimendi well and is a big admirer of the Spain international, but there is uncertainty around whether he actually wants to leave Real Sociedad. There is also expected to be strong rival interest in the 25-year-old, so it might not be an easy deal to get done. 

Douglas Luiz is a player Arsenal have tracked for a couple of years now, but the price Aston Villa would demand for the Brazilian would make it a difficult one for Arsenal.

Everton’s Amadou Onana could be one to watch out for. There were a lot of links with him in January. Again, I was told at the time that there was nothing concrete in that speculation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is someone Arsenal look at when the season ends.

Personally, I think Luiz would be a great option. I think he would fit in excellently at Arsenal and could form a fine partnership with Declan Rice.

I wonder how good Lucas Gourna-Douath is, I know playing in Austrian League is hard to judge, but maybe he wouldn't be so expensive - laso whether it's worth to sign him depends on Ugochukwu, Matos and Andrey Santos assesment.

8 hours ago, TheHulk said:

The fact that this fee was part of the loan deal to begin with says everything. Can this club not send players to teams where they are very likely to play?

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The fact that this fee was part of the loan deal to begin with says everything. Can this club not send players to teams where they are very likely to play?

Yeah when it was announced after that deal was done in January, made me think its just more and more evidence that the club has cash concerns with PFS & FFP. £4m isn’t a lot but why write it in to any deal if your confident the player can go to Fulham, play regularly and then either end up fetching a fee in the summer/being reintegrated into the squad? Particularly when we should have loaned him to Wolves where Gary O’Neill was very open about how desperate they were to sign a CF prior. Just seems odd.

Edited by OneMoSalah

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah when it was announced after that deal was done in January, made me think its just more and more evidence that the club has cash concerns with PFS & FFP. £4m isn’t a lot but why write it in to any deal if your confident the player can go to Fulham, play regularly and then either end up fetching a fee in the summer/being reintegrated into the squad? Particularly when we should have loaned him to Wolves where Gary O’Neill was very open about how desperate they were to sign a CF prior. Just seems odd.

Just look at the situation with Santos. He joined a club our owners OWN and still isn't playing. With every passing day, I wish for the club to be sold.

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Just look at the situation with Santos. He joined a club our owners OWN and still isn't playing. With every passing day, I wish for the club to be sold.

Maybe Santos is simply not so good?