Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea willing to pay 25-year-old’s release clause, star ready to join the Blues

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/03/24/Chelsea-want-victor-osimhen/

The Blues are in desperate need of a quality striker and journalist Rudy Galetti has revealed that they are willing to pay the Nigerian international’s release clause at the end of the season.

Osimhen has a release clause of around €120-130 million and Chelsea are now negotiating payment terms with Napoli. Agreeing on personal terms with the striker will not be a problem and Osimhen is reportedly keen on a move to Chelsea.

The Blues have struggled to score goals consistently and they need a reliable goalscorer next season. Osimhen helped Napoli win the league title last season and he scored 31 balls across all competitions. The striker has 13 goals in all competitions this season and there is no doubt that he could transform Chelsea in the final third.

Victor Osimhen could transform Chelsea

The 25-year-old is at the peak of his powers and he will want to compete at the highest level. Even though Chelsea have failed to secure Champions League qualification and they have had a disappointing season, they are still one of the biggest clubs in the world and they have the resources to put together a side capable of winning major trophies.

Osimhen has been linked with other clubs in recent months as well but it seems that Chelsea are the only ones willing to break the bank for him. The Blues will be desperate to bounce back strongly and get back into the top four next season. Signing a quality striker like Osimhen could make a big difference in the final third and help them turn things around.

46 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Would Vini Jr be attainable I wonder?
Reports from Brazil state that he's pretty disillusioned with life in Spain and the lack of support he's getting from both the league RM.

Complete opposite. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Complete opposite. 

That's BS to me tho. Sorry, I'm a cynic. 😅

I read, to the same outcome (that he won't leave), "I make too much money and am very comfortable with my life as millionaire in Spain." (that's my interpretation of his unwillingness to leave, not that he's not upset)

(br-pt)
https://ge.globo.com/futebol/selecao-brasileira/noticia/2024/03/25/vini-jr-se-emociona-e-faz-fortes-relatos-na-luta-contra-o-racismo-cada-vez-tenho-menos-vontade-de-jogar.ghtml

"It's exhausting because I'm kind of alone. I've made so many reports and no one is punished"

Edited by robsblubot

6 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I read, to the same outcome (that he won't leave), "I make too much money and am very comfortable with my life as millionaire in Spain." (that's my interpretation of his unwillingness to leave, not that he's not upset)

(br-pt)
https://ge.globo.com/futebol/selecao-brasileira/noticia/2024/03/25/vini-jr-se-emociona-e-faz-fortes-relatos-na-luta-contra-o-racismo-cada-vez-tenho-menos-vontade-de-jogar.ghtml

"It's exhausting because I'm kind of alone. I've made so many reports and no one is punished"

The main reason I think there might be a TINY chance of him leaving in summer 2025 is something I have stated for ages.

Both he and Mbappe hate playing on the RW, and Mbappe has stated he deffo doesn't prefer CF to LW, so you thus have the 2 best (by far, no one is remotely close to them there) Left Wingers on the planet fighting over the position. 

Bring in Håland in 2025 or 2026 and there goes the Mbappe as CF option as well.

Either Vini Jr or Mbappe would have to move to RW, which means Rodrygo, a top 3 RWer (only Foden and Saka are better IMHO) and top 5 to top 7 overall winger (depending on where you place Leão and KK) of any kind atm is going to become a backup.

Remember, Rodrygo is a right footed natural LWer, he plays RW due to Vini Jr.

I would kill to have Rodrygo as our LWer (or RWer, even if that meant we had to dump llayers I rate a lit atm).

And of course even more so Vini Jr at LW!

Chelsea could be busy in the centre-backs market amid Leny Yoro links

Some Chelsea fans have been asking me about links with Leny Yoro, the young centre-back who has been doing fantastic with Lille and who could be one to watch for the summer.

The reality is that the situation is still the same as I’ve been mentioning for months - Real Madrid are seriously pushing for Yoro, while PSG will do their best because they already wanted Yoro last January.

Chelsea are following the situation, but there are no concrete talks, nothing else. Despite what may have been written elsewhere, I’m not sure there’s much to report here for now.

However, I see Chelsea busy with centre-backs in the summer. There will be movements in that position, priority to the outgoings and then Chelsea will consider incomings but that could be one more position to follow in the summer. There is nothing concrete yet in terms of negotiations, as far as I know.

On 25/03/2024 at 18:33, robsblubot said:

(br-pt)

I don't condone racisim in the slightest but this whole victim mentality and his "all I want to do is play football" is bollocks when he is arguably the biggest instigator and shitehouse in world football. 

10 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I don't condone racisim in the slightest but this whole victim mentality and his "all I want to do is play football" is bollocks when he is arguably the biggest instigator and shitehouse in world football. 

“I don’t condone racism but he is a shithouse on the pitch so he can’t have a victim mentality” this is a really fucking daft take 👍

We are talking about a 23 year old who has endured a lot of racism in various forms for the best part of the last 5 or 6 years since moving to Spain to play at Real Madrid.

I mean there was an effigy of a doll with a Vini top on hanging off a bridge for fuck sakes.

I am surprised it’s taken 5 years for him to break down publicly regarding the racism he’s endured, just shows how mentally strong he actually is. I don’t think it should matter what he does on the pitch, if he feels like a victim of racist abuse, it is because he has been and unfortunately, will probably continue to be as people are morons. 

On 21/03/2024 at 17:03, Vesper said:

Conor Gallagher is NOT making any unreasonable demands of Chelsea

There’s been a lot written about Chelsea in the last 24 hours and I wanted to set the record straight on two stories here.

Firstly, I’m aware that there have been claims about Conor Gallagher’s salary demands being a problem for Chelsea and holding up an agreement over a new contract. My understanding, however, is that it’s not about Gallagher asking for crazy money or anything unreasonable for his new deal.

8be45730-26f6-4598-80cc-dd90f036e2dc_416

What I’m told is that it’s about Chelsea deciding what they want to do with Gallagher and also taking into account the Financial Fair Play situation, but saying that Gallagher is asking for “too high” salary is not accurate as far as I understand.

There’s also been a story about the possibility of Antonio Conte returning to Chelsea as manager, while he’s also been linked as a candidate for another of his former clubs Juventus. As things stand, I’m not aware of any concrete contact, Conte is waiting for the right proposal but there is zero to report with these two clubs right now.

No way Conte comes back. He would be drop kicking Clownlake in the face within a week. 

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

“I don’t condone racism but he is a shithouse on the pitch so he can’t have a victim mentality” this is a really fucking daft take 👍

We are talking about a 23 year old who has endured a lot of racism in various forms for the best part of the last 5 or 6 years since moving to Spain to play at Real Madrid.

I mean there was an effigy of a doll with a Vini top on hanging off a bridge for fuck sakes.

I am surprised it’s taken 5 years for him to break down publicly regarding the racism he’s endured, just shows how mentally strong he actually is. I don’t think it should matter what he does on the pitch, if he feels like a victim of racist abuse, it is because he has been and unfortunately, will probably continue to be as people are morons. 

Cool. I still think he's a bellend. 🤷‍♂️

I find him a detestable footballer with his actions on the pitch and is one of the most instigating footballers on the planet. The whole "all i want to do is play football" whilst acting like like a complete dickhead 90% of time trying to invoke a fight with every player that walks past him, is in my humble opinion, bollocks worthy. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

8 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Cool. I still think he's a bellend. 🤷‍♂️

I find him a detestable footballer with his actions on the pitch and is one of the most instigating footballers on the planet. The whole "all i want to do is play football" whilst acting like like a complete dickhead 90% of time trying to invoke a fight with every player that walks past him, is in my humble opinion, bollocks worthy. 

Using it as a stick to beat him with as to why he shouldn’t “play the victim card” as you put it for someone who has suffered huge amounts of racist abuse though? 

Irrespective, across all types of sports there are people who have this sort of shithousery/nastiness in their performances which pushes them to perform and helps separate them from others. Max Verstappen in F1. Nick Kyrgios in tennis. Bellingham also alongside Vini in football. Countless others been and gone.

Did you think the likes of JT, Ashley Cole, Diego Costa were all saints also? Theres 3 players who off the top of my head from here who had that same sort of shithousery or nastiness about them when they needed to and definitely helped them perform better. Mourinho, Conte, Tuchel as managers also intentionally did things that rubbed people up the wrong way to gain psychological advantages here and throughout their careers 🤔

Seems to be a reoccurring theme though, a lot of these people are all elite level sportsmen who have won or achieved a lot across their respective sports. Nice guys don’t win fuck all.

47 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Using it as a stick to beat him with as to why he shouldn’t “play the victim card” as you put it for someone who has suffered huge amounts of racist abuse though? 

Irrespective, across all types of sports there are people who have this sort of shithousery/nastiness in their performances which pushes them to perform and helps separate them from others. Max Verstappen in F1. Nick Kyrgios in tennis. Bellingham also alongside Vini in football. Countless others been and gone.

Did you think the likes of JT, Ashley Cole, Diego Costa were all saints also? Theres 3 players who off the top of my head from here who had that same sort of shithousery or nastiness about them when they needed to and definitely helped them perform better. Mourinho, Conte, Tuchel as managers also intentionally did things that rubbed people up the wrong way to gain psychological advantages here and throughout their careers 🤔

Seems to be a reoccurring theme though, a lot of these people are all elite level sportsmen who have won or achieved a lot across their respective sports. Nice guys don’t win fuck all.

The playing the victim I agree was bad taste, but my point still stands. I find his statements bemusing when he goes about how he does on the pitch. Holds no bounds him, even instigating fights with 16-17 year olds. 

I find JT a despicable human being. I hated Costa's antics when he should've just focused on his football. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

24 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The playing the victim I agree was bad taste, but my point still stands. I find his statements bemusing when he goes about how he does on the pitch. Holds no bounds him, even instigating fights with 16-17 year olds. 

I find JT a despicable human being. I hated Costa's antics when he should've just focused on his football. 

Consider that you don't really know the person. Some players look like cunts on the pitch, due to high aggression, and are amazing off of it. Others are super quiet off the pitch, and are trouble once it gets dark. 😃

For example, I personally think Luis Suarez was one of the best strikers I've seen play the game. While I totally buy that he's simpleton, I don't think he deserved the treatment he got in England.