Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I still think Nkunku is already done. I also still think Gvardiol would be a great alternative LB/LWB though that would imply selling Ben or Marc. My main hope though is that Shakhtar will take second spot in group F and eliminate Leipzig so the German side might be willing to discuss completing the moves in January. A big 'might', I know.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea are already prepared to terminate Denis Zakaria’s loan deal, while Hakim Ziyech will also be allowed to leave 

https://www.90min.com/posts/denis-zakaria-hakim-ziyech-free-to-leave-Chelsea-in-january

Chelsea are looking to terminate Denis Zakaria's loan move in January, 90min understands, with the Blues also ready to listen to offers for winger Hakim Ziyech as well.

Zakaria joined Chelsea on deadline day during the summer but is yet to play a single minute for the club and has not featured in a single Premier League matchday squad thus far.

Sources have confirmed to 90min that Zakaria does not feature in the plans of current boss Graham Potter, who even handed a debut to young Carney Chukwuemeka ahead of naming the Swiss international on his bench for the recent 3-0 victory over Wolves.

The dilemma for Chelsea is, however, that Zakaria made two appearances for Juventus this season before moving to Stamford Bridge and FIFA rules dictate that a player cannot represent more than two teams across one campaign. Should he play a minute for the Blues, he will be unable to join a third side.

Chelsea hope to return Zakaria to parent club Juventus but the Serie A side have no obligation to take him, and so the Blues are hopeful that current Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri is relieved of his duties before the January transfer window and his hypothetical replacement wants Zakaria back.

While that matter is largely out of their hands, Chelsea are also understood to be looking to offload Ziyech once the January transfer window opens.

The Morocco international was on the fringes under former manager Thomas Tuchel and has struggled for minutes under Potter, and sources have confirmed that he is once again free to leave the club in January.

As was the case last summer, both Ajax and AC Milan are interested in pursuing a deal. Chelsea are prepared to allow Ziyech to leave on loan, perhaps for 18 months, but co-owner Todd Boehly is pushing for a permanent departure to raise funds and free up space in the squad.

Boehly is looking to overhaul the team's forward line and is already deep in talks with Christopher Nkunku of RB Leipzig, while he has also asked the Bundesliga side about incoming striker Benjamin Sesko, who will join from Red Bull Salzburg next summer.

The League Cup can't come quickly enough for me. I want to see Zakaria in Blue at least once before he leaves. 😞 

On 11/10/2022 at 06:54, King Kante said:

Need to be keeping tabs on that A.Silva kid at Benfica. Looks uber promising for a 18 y.o. CB. 

I'd like us to try again for that Lavia kid from Southampton. Mega difficult negotiation given City's buyback clause, but we should definitely try.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The League Cup can't come quickly enough for me. I want to see Zakaria in Blue at least once before he leaves. 😞 

he cannot play even once for us

if he does he either has to go back to Juve or he stays, as he played 2 games for Juve already

Mbappe strikes me as the mega-egomaniac type like his idol CR7. He’ll want like £1m per week or something hilarious which we’d never do. That’s on top of the €200m transfer fee PSG would squeeze out of the buyer after he just signed that new deal and because of the bitterness they’ll feel at him forcing himself out.

That’s why I always laugh when Liverpool’s name keeps being brought up as a likely or plausible landing spot for him. Liverpool fans have been bitching and moaning for months now and even years that FSG are cheap bastards who won’t spend like the other big PL clubs. Now suddenly they’re going to break the world transfer record and obliterate their wage structure? No chance.

It’s Real Madrid, City, or United at a push. The only ones crazy enough to pay silly money.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

t’s Real Madrid, City, or United at a push. The only ones crazy enough to pay silly money.

Don't think Shitty would lay out that much either.

But don't forget Barca they surely have another 10 levers to raise the fee and his wages.