Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

26 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I wonder if they are employing the Dodgers approach to youth prospects? They try to buy up as many youth prospects as possible and send them to minor league teams for development. Most will be sold and never play for the Dodgers.

I think that's definitely something to consider with regards to some of the players in the 16 - 18 age category we've hoovered up this summer and paid small fees for. If they don't make it here, the expectation will be that we can manage their early career to develop into someone deemed as a good player for a middling Premier League team who will be prepared to pay a few million or more for down the road. The risk-reward ratio is very much favoured towards us on this one.

But the Carney and Slonina deals don't fall into this bracket, and neither does Casedei. The money invested in these deals makes the margin for error much smaller. There has to be a much higher degree of confidence in these deals that they will materialise into very good players and really that level of investment should be made on the expectation rather than hope they'll "make it" at Chelsea.

More and more reports everyday that CR7 is still desperate to leave United. Tbh, I’d have him for one year without hesitation over giving Auba a 3 year deal or whatever he’d get. We don’t want to saddle ourselves to a 34 year old striker who has had character issues before on huge wages. If Auba bombs this season we wouldn’t be able to get rid of him.

CR7 could come in, get us 12-15 PL goals, a handful of important CL goals which he’s desperate to score, and then retire to LA Galaxy next summer.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

They are interested in Broja, Gallagher

Doubt we will let go of Broja, he is the only striker we have.

Gallagher might be allowed to go, but I so hope he doesnt.

Batshuayi and Gilmour can be sacrificed i guess with a lot of cash