Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Cool. How about we actually buy some players instead of reprinting the same story that Boehly will give Tuchel control. 

TT taking the lead will not help the inability of the club to make deals early and smart.

I expect a quiet summer. Kounde and a couple of other compulsory mid-price duds in the Zappacosta-ilk

Quiet summer indeed. Instead of getting new players we will be repaying Lukaku's  transfer fee and paying his wages close to 50 mil this year alone. I was dead series when I called that transfer catastrophe that will lead to our demise losing top four spot. There is no other way. We will pay ultimate price. This club is on downhill from that moment and I'm seeing nothing to convince me otherwise.

Edited by laura90

So despite TT claiming the squad needs to be rebuilt this summer, and we have lots of work to do.  People expect a quiet summer?

It's June 7th.  We'll sign 4 or 5.  And yes, I do think there is a good chance Raheem Sterling is one of them

Edited by ChelseaFanUK

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

Names Dembele, Nkunku, Sterling in attack. Kounde, De Ligt, Gvardiol in defence. Rice in midfield

Don't think Nkunku is moving anywhere this summer.

Binning Lukaku and one of Ziyech/Pulisic/Werner while getting Dembele and Sterling would be great. Havertz to be the main striker.

Doesn't De Ligt have a contract extension agreed with Juve? I thought it was just a matter of signing it. 

1 minute ago, Jype said:

Binning Lukaku and one of Ziyech/Pulisic/Werner while getting Dembele and Sterling would be great. Havertz to be the main striker.

Doesn't De Ligt have a contract extension agreed with Juve? I thought it was just a matter of signing it. 

He's signing it if it lowers his release clause. Clear he's thinking about an exit

7 minutes ago, Jype said:

Not yet, they haven't agreed anything.

Edited by Blues Forever

I don't see it being a slow or inactive window, but I am prepared to accept that we are unlikely to get everything done we want to this summer and it's like going to take this and next summer's window to get the squad where we want it to be.

Kounde and Dembele would make a good start, and I could possibly see another three beyond that.

I think the club will want to see who can be moved on before they crack on with too much activity, and I also think Tuchel will want to see the likes of Broja, Gallagher, Colwill before making decisions on their futures for this coming season, which depending on what happens there may mean one or two come in a little later in the window. I do hope the core of the work is done however by the start of pre season, it'll be important in particular for Tuchel to work on what will essentially be a new defence over the pre season in America.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

He's signing it if it lowers his release clause. Clear he's thinking about an exit

Yeah I remember reading about a lowered release clause being part of the contract negotiations, but surely if he ends up signing it the clause isn't going to be valid this year? 

I still think for the right price Koulibaly could be a really smart buy this summer if we could add him to the squad. Anything around £20-25m I think has to be considered.

He'd provide a lot of experience in a critical position at a time when we could lose quite a bit and I think could rotate between LCB and CCB if we retain the back 3.

He could be the perfect player to transition away from Silva and then next year perhaps then we could move for Gvardiol or someone similar to add to the squad then. 

I think if we added Kounde and Gvardiol this summer, potentially to Colwill and Chalobah it leaves us very young across that backline as Silva can't play every game.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I still think for the right price Koulibaly could be a really smart buy this summer if we could add him to the squad. Anything around £20-25m I think has to be considered.

He'd provide a lot of experience in a critical position at a time when we could lose quite a bit and I think could rotate between LCB and CCB if we retain the back 3.

He could be the perfect player to transition away from Silva and then next year perhaps then we could move for Gvardiol or someone similar to add to the squad then. 

I think if we added Kounde and Gvardiol this summer, potentially to Colwill and Chalobah it leaves us very young across that backline as Silva can't play every game.

I agree with you, but then it could be another Tchouameni again.

Much like his compatriot and former club teammate Frenkie De Jong, I think De Ligt is hugely overrated. Both were hyped up as the next superstars when they left Ajax and neither have been anything more than decent at Barca and Juve. 

De Ligt to me looks kind of slow and pretty clumsy. I guess perhaps you can disguise those weaknesses by putting him in a back 3 but I’d much rather just get someone like Gvardiol who is a natural in that system.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Much like his compatriot and former club teammate Frenkie De Jong, I think De Ligt is hugely overrated. Both were hyped up as the next superstars when they left Ajax and neither have been anything more than decent at Barca and Juve. 

De Ligt to me looks kind of slow and pretty clumsy. I guess perhaps you can disguise those weaknesses by putting him in a back 3 but I’d much rather just get someone like Gvardiol who is a natural in that system.

I say De Ligt's ball-playing skills kinda regressed and he changed into a more old fashioned Italian defender. His Ajax version was totally different than his current version.

Edited by Blues Forever

51 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

I agree with you, but then it could be another Tchouameni again.

Completely understand that risk too.

The situation is different however due to our own personnel. Last summer would have made sense to bring Tchouameni in and give him the season to acclimatise as if he struggled we still had Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic.

Our defensive options are much thinner and inexperienced beyond Silva. We're relying on a near 38 year old to anchor everything next season and hope his body holds up again. If Silva got injured or started showing serious signs of decline, I'd feel more comfortable with another player in there that can lead that defensive line. It would be unfair on Gvardiol or Kounde to do this if we did bring both in.