Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

This is why so many players flame out at Madrid. Their idiot agents push them to go there long before they’re ready because the Real Madrid name blinds the player. Why on earth would a 17 year old goal keeper sign for a side he has zero chance of playing at for like 5+ years?

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is why so many players flame out at Madrid. Their idiot agents push them to go there long before they’re ready because the Real Madrid name blinds the player. Why on earth would a 17 year old goal keeper sign for a side he has zero chance of playing at for like 5+ years?

exactly

he will go for real to go on loan, like odegaard or to see courtois playing from the bench?

at this age he needs to play 

Edited by Mário César

Reports from France today suggest incoming PSG sporting director Luis Campos isn’t convinced by Ousmane Dembele. That would put #Chelsea in pole position if he were to leave Barcelona.

Chelsea have been successful with players from Barcelona over the years  - Belletti , Deco , Fabregas , Pedro 

Edited by milka

2 minutes ago, milka said:

Reports from France today suggest incoming PSG sporting director Luis Campos isn’t convinced by Ousmane Dembele. That would put #Chelsea in pole position if he were to leave Barcelona.

Tier 5 source. Often rolls a dice

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Surprised how quiet the PL sides have been so far. Especially us and Man United who each need a bunch of new players.

United isn't exactly quiet, there are a lot of reports mentioning them trying to convince the likes of Timber and De Jong.

12 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

United isn't exactly quiet, there are a lot of reports mentioning them trying to convince the likes of Timber and De Jong.

I mean in terms of actual completed deals. Like Villa have already signed a few. I thought for sure some of the big teams would be similar.

I thought for sure we’d have 1 big deal done in Boehly’s first week. We’ve known about the CB situation for months and I figured Koundé would be in within days of the takeover.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I mean in terms of actual completed deals. Like Villa have already signed a few. I thought for sure some of the big teams would be similar.

I thought for sure we’d have 1 big deal done in Boehly’s first week. We’ve known about the CB situation for months and I figured Koundé would be in within days of the takeover.

I mean we can't do anything during the sanction, if not we already secured Kounde, Kamara or Tchouameni.

Edited by Blues Forever

13 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

I mean we can't do anything during the sanction, if not we already secured Kounde, Kamara or Tchouameni.

As I’ve said before, there’s no chance in the world a massive club like ours would let sanctions stop us 100% from talking to players via back channels, agents, and players’ entourages. There may not have been communication in official capacities but it would be insane if we were basically cut off from the football world while those sanctions were in place.

Plus, with Koundé specifically we had already spent months negotiating for him and by all reliable sources have long since agreed personal terms with him. He’s super keen on us, we’re super keen on him. That should be a simple deal to do unless we’re pulling an Arse or Spuds and penny pinching.

Villa just swooped in and signed Sevilla’s other star CB within like 48 hours of us hearing about the link in the media. So why is it taking us so long?

Just now, Pizy said:

As I’ve said before, there’s no chance in the world a massive club like ours would let sanctions stop us 100% from talking to players via back channels, agents, and players’ entourages. There may not have been communication in official capacities but it would be insane if we were basically cut off from the football world while those sanctions were in place.

Plus, with Koundé specifically we had already spent months negotiating for him and by all reliable sources have long since agreed personal terms with him. He’s super keen on us, we’re super keen on him. That should be a simple deal to do unless we’re pulling an Arse or Spuds and penny pinching.

Villa just swooped in and signed Sevilla’s other star CB within like 48 hours of us hearing about the link in the media. So why is it taking us so long?

Again the santion prevented us to negotiating with other players and clubs. 

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We might be a sell first team now.

Haven't we operated like this for the last few years anyway?

Usually an attempt is made to either move players on or at least broker a deal for a player to be sold before we press ahead with a signing and set the chain off?

13 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Barca are broke, they can't even register AC atm and may have to sell FDJ to balance the books. No way they shell out £70m here. 

Everyone keeps saying that, but they manage to sign Torres & Traore for around 80m~ a few months ago. Once Dembele is off the books, they'll be back to signing players.

38 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Everyone keeps saying that, but they manage to sign Torres & Traore for around 80m~ a few months ago. Once Dembele is off the books, they'll be back to signing players.

Traore was a loan with option to buy but I’m hearing that won’t be triggered