Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

18 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

With the way contracts are going, it is urgent. It needs sorting this summer. You don't want this going into next season because the longer the delays, the greater the opportunities that present him. We shouldn't take it for granted the likes of Mount and James will just be loyal to the core to Chelsea due to their academy roots - they will need to be compensated with wages fitting important players within the club.

I don't think the 2023 crop of contracts expiring are too much of a worry. Jorginho and Kante at present I'm not sure what will happen with them but I wouldn't be hugely disappointed if next summer one of them left at the end of their contract as we've had the peak of both players. Thiago Silva I think will happily sign another year later in the season if he's still performing at the highest level.

But the 2024 contracts need consideration this summer - Mount, Pulisic, Kovacic and Hudson Odoi in my opinion all need extending this summer to retain their market values. If any weren't willing to extend, we will need to start considering their positions at the club. Loftus Cheek is probably the only one at present that we can hold off on as he is paid a huge amount and still needs to justify any sort of extension.

I really don't get why everyone is so keen on Dembele. That kid was practically a meme for everything wrong with Barcelona and has only started playing when needing a new contract. Now everyone wants him? Not sure that is wise at all. In fact, kind of reminds me of how everyone/a lot of people forgot just how bad Lukaku was so they said 'they were hopeful' he would be good this time around in the PL. 

Edited by King Kante

23 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I really don't get why everyone is so keen on Dembele. That kid was practically a meme for everything wrong with Barcelona and has only started playing when needing a new contract. Now everyone wants him? Not sure that is wise at all. In fact, kind of reminds me of how everyone/a lot of people forgot just how bad Lukaku was so they said 'they were hopeful' he would be good this time around in the PL. 

Every time I've watched him, he hasn't looked good at all. Hope he justifies the hype. 

33 minutes ago, whats happening said:

why does bayern hate us?

The Bayern directors never liked Abramovich and the way in which he came into football prepared to pump millions into Chelsea.

The club as a whole will also never forget or forgive losing the Champions League trophy in their own backyard.

59 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Free, and costs can always be recouped even if he does turn out to be average. 

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

We let Salah go and he turned into a monster. 

I get that Pulisic is injured all the time and looks to be hit and miss in front of goal, but it describes Salah early on pretty well as well. Not saying Puli will ever get to that level. 

Pulisic has played 115 games, Salah played 19 games; their playing time at the club isn't comparable in the slightest. 

Edited by LAM09

54 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I think the issue is keeping him fit. His attitude can be debated but ultimately he's had some horrific injuries at Barca but during his time at Dortmund and in the patches at Barca where he's stayed fit to get a proper run of games under his belt he's looked good, and there is an enormous amount of natural talent there. 

I think he's a risk but one that could become an enormous snip if it works out. We're talking about a player who has just turned 25 last month and cost over £100m just a few years ago. Yes he's going to be commanding some big wages but being able to sign a player of that calibre and at that age on a free transfer in my opinion is a risk worth taking, especially when the best time of his career was with the manager we have in charge right now who still speaks highly of him as one of the very best players he's ever coached.

One of the big things I think he could bring is he has the potential to be a crowd lifter which we haven't really had since Hazard. Someone who has the natural ability and confidence to take a player or two on with a bit of skill that immediately lifts the crowd. Tuchel said himself a couple of months ago, the atmosphere between the team and the supporters is a two way thing where one needs the other, but at times one is also waiting for the other to provide a lift. I think in the latter part of the season, especially at home, it was clear to see how flat both the team and the support was at times and it became a huge struggle for both. I think Dembele is one of those type of players that can lift the atmosphere around a game by creating something out of seemingly nothing.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The Bayern directors never liked Abramovich and the way in which he came into football prepared to pump millions into Chelsea.

The club as a whole will also never forget or forgive losing the Champions League trophy in their own backyard.

i dont think this explanation is good enough so that bayern doesnt want to deal with us.

holding grudges like this is fucking stupid in european football since you never know what the future holds.

5 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i dont think this explanation is good enough so that bayern doesnt want to deal with us.

holding grudges like this is fucking stupid in european football since you never know what the future holds.

Ah, I don't think it would cause a situation whereby they wouldn't deal with us. You just asked why Bayern hate us, and I offered a couple of reasons why they might.

I think if a potential transfer between the two teams were to arise, I don't think the relationship between the two sides would hold anything back.

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Don’t think anyone would be as keen if we had to pay a huge transfer fee. Him being free changes everything. 

The possibility of signing a mega talented player who would cost a fortune if he had years left on his contract for nothing when you’re in the midst of a rebuild could be a godsend. It allows you to spend extra money elsewhere.

Just don’t see any risk at all in getting him. If he continues his great form we have a new superstar player for free. If he’s mediocre any fee we get when we move him on is good profit.

Just hope we can get him before one of our rivals. The thought of him putting in those fantastic crosses to CR7 or Liverpool’s strikers would suck.

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Hate is mutual. 

Bayern is the club that I hate the most actually. Their cabal of ex players think they are superior and they crib about us buying players, when they've made a habit of poaching other Bundesliga clubs and monopolizing the league. Filthy hypocrites.

57 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Hate is mutual. 

Bayern is the club that I hate the most actually. Their cabal of ex players think they are superior and they crib about us buying players, when they've made a habit of poaching other Bundesliga clubs and monopolizing the league. Filthy hypocrites.

The imagery of Thomas Muller celebrating against us when he scored in the final was heart wrenching until the main man Droggers whiped that anguish away. It was a beautiful feeling beating them in their own back yard. Those fuckers always have something to say about our club. Do my head in. 

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Nah at best we get Dembele. Can't see City selling to us. Raphinha is too expensive and unproven at the very top level.  Bayern hate us, have never done business with us and will be reluctant to sell Gnabry. I am also not yet sure he will actually leave them.

Nkunku is the other winger option, a costly one.