Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 hours ago, DDA said:

As it stands, the worse transfer decision in Chelsea history

2nd worst

De Bruyne with no buyback, and that is almost impossible to calculate how damaging it ended up being

it destroyed our attack for ages, left the entire team to be carried by Eden (and that destroyed his career early, all those pounding, crunching pressurised minutes took a massive toll, and crushed him now, thank fuck after we dumped him for what will be close to, when the final books are closed, £140m, as the only major bonus he will end up failing on will be the £10m for winning the Ballon d'Or)

If it was a 2 year commitment whereby say they pay us £15-20m each year as a rental and we don't have to cover any of his wages (if he takes a pay cut with inter to make it happen that's up to him so long as we're subsidising nothing).

That I guess isn't horrific as it would cover most if not all of the amortisation costs for him for FFP and get his wages off the payroll for next 2 years.

At end of the loan he'd have just turned 31 and hopefully if he's performed well for inter he'll still carry some value to maybe sell somewhere for £20-30m and get rid that way.

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

Of course, his contract expiry date has been known for years and for the last 2 years he has refused to renew.

Has talent, but could he torpedo the dressing room - I don't want him to be our 'Pogba'...

If the wages are OK - and he likes TT - probably worth the risk...

I see we’re being linked with Lautaro Martinez again. Doesn’t really make sense to me unless Tuchel is thinking of going with a 2 striker system with he and Havertz playing up top together. Then we’d have to depend on the wingbacks for 100% of our width.  

I am really sceptical about this window. I am already depressed and don't want to fall behind spurs. I don't care about marquee signings. We should've signed a hazard after the CL high last year. Our team is barebones with no real instinct, chemistry or suitability to the tactics tuchel wants to implement. Wtf does boehly know on how to scout players. Since he's heading the summer spree I expect to end up with a couple of Maguires, another donkeyaku and donkeyoko with kante being sold to a direct rival. Please quote me if we actually have a summer better than this.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I see we’re being linked with Lautaro Martinez again. Doesn’t really make sense to me unless Tuchel is thinking of going with a 2 striker system with he and Havertz playing up top together. Then we’d have to depend on the wingbacks for 100% of our width.  

Tuchel has used 4-2-2-2 to a sizable extent, we talk about 4-3-3 but I think that formation is more likely.

22 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

I am really sceptical about this window. I am already depressed and don't want to fall behind spurs. I don't care about marquee signings. We should've signed a hazard after the CL high last year. Our team is barebones with no real instinct, chemistry or suitability to the tactics tuchel wants to implement. Wtf does boehly know on how to scout players. Since he's heading the summer spree I expect to end up with a couple of Maguires, another donkeyaku and donkeyoko with kante being sold to a direct rival. Please quote me if we actually have a summer better than this.

You do know Boehly won't be choosing the players we sign.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

You do know Boehly won't be choosing the players we sign.

He's staying in UK to have the final say. Aka he will be the difference between buying a 80m player vs 2 40s. Kounde will be our highest transfer fee.

8 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

He's staying in UK to have the final say. Aka he will be the difference between buying a 80m player vs 2 40s. Kounde will be our highest transfer fee.

He'll have a say with regards to the overriding budget but make no mistake he'll be leaning on Tuchel to back him.

If Tuchel turns round and says he'd rather one £80m player and he'll use an academy or loan return compared to 2 x £40m players, I believe that is what Boehly will do.

If Kounde ends up being the most expensive player of the summer so be it, we've proven over the years more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better suited 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

we are fucking idiots if we do that

we are basically shitting away most of that £97.5m we poured out for the cunt (he will turn 32yo late in the season after he comes back from a 2 year loan now)

a dry loan is a dry assfuck, no lube, no chocolates, no thanks

I think me and you have broadly the same opinions however as soon as we brought Lukaku it was always going to be like this. I'd imagine the deal will be something like two year loan, and the owed money for those two years gets waived i.e. (approx) €20m a year and his wages get covered. 

For me, Lukaku isn't going back to Inter/Italy for more than two years' and there isn't really another team that will take him, I mean lets be serious PSG don't need him and Bayern are far too intelligent in the market not to recognise his lack of ability.

Another reason for him only going back for two years' is due to the tax he has to pay, as I believe for your first two years you get a preferriential tax rate in Italy. That is why he was so keen to leave in the first place as he was about to be taxed up the arse. I also believe that a 'pay cut' in Italy would still result in similar take home pay for him as he gets at Chelsea.

All in all, we have to be realistic. He was an absolute disaster from the get go, I called it day one. Now the situation is just about avoiding the worst outcome, which is him here next season pointing like a statue and rocking the boat and then being stuck with him for four more years'.

What really needs to happen is that the person who sanctioned this has to leave. I have seen some tweets that Granny may go in the shake-up in the boardroom. Personally, I place quite a lot of blame on her as whilst she may not have done the scouting she should've known the financial implications of this deal and also had enough knowledge of football to understand that he was a potential/guaranteed worse signing than Kepa, Baka, Drinky, Torres etc; all deals she should've been aware of. 

Edited by King Kante

26 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I like Martinez but not sure if he can cope well in the Prem. 

Doubt Inter will even consider selling him either way. 

If Inter sign both Lukaku and Dybala, Lautaro is as good as gone. 

Edited by Blues Forever

As I said before, the Lukaku transfer is the worse transfer business in the history of this club. Far worse than Torres. It is kind of a fitting way for Roman to have ended his reign with such a crazy move. Don't worry though, this won't happen under the Americans, they will be far more shrewd.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

If Havertz doesn't play as a striker, where does he play?

53 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Personally, I place quite a lot of blame on her [MG] as whilst she may not have done the scouting she should've known the financial implications of this deal and also had enough knowledge of football to understand that he was a potential/guaranteed worse signing than Kepa, Baka, Drinky, Torres etc; all deals she should've been aware of. 

I could not disagree with you more on this. Until someone brings me incontrovertible evidence that Marina made any decisions on football grounds I will not believe it. For her to have done so would be ridiculous beyond farce. The very notion is silly and I don't understand why it persists.

If Marina has an opinion on a given player then of course she might give it casually but the ultimate football decision is not her domain. Advising Roman and the football people of the cost of the best deal available and of its financial implications going forward; yes, whether that player is the right choice; not her job. Armed with the financial facts the final decision over whether or not to allocate x% of their budget to a particular signing has to have been between Roman and his football advisors.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

If Havertz doesn't play as a striker, where does he play?

Exactly. Which is why if another striker comes in for big money it has to be to play with Kai up there. Moving him wide or deeper in midfield takes away his best attributes. 

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Exactly. Which is why if another striker comes in for big money it has to be to play with Kai up there. Moving him wide or deeper in midfield takes away his best attributes. 

I honestly think its a cause for concern. He just isn't clinical enough to play uptop alone and if we partner him with a second striker, as you mentioned it causes all kinds of headaches with relying soley on the wing backs for width. If we do that, then we need to ensure we have serious backup if James or Chilly are injured again.