Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You have to understand that I do not only worry about Spurs finishing above us, which I do of course, I also worry about them finishing above ANYBODY!

Well, that's not strictly true. I'd like to see them finish seventeenth every season. I don't want them to go down because I love the two games each season far too much. I say 'enjoy' but the tension often takes over in the build up to the game. Not losing to them regularly means more to me than beating them. Lot's of people criticised Eden for taking the ball from that free kick at the edge of their box and running it into the corner. Not me, I loved it. I was on my feet punching the air yelling, "Go on Eden. Go on son!"

Neville was spot on regarding Conte. 

"Under Conte's management, it is genuinely a military regime. It's methodical. He improves players. 18 months to 24 months later, the players are frazzled. Conte is frazzled. Then he leaves." 

It's why I always say his football was never sustainable. We have nothing to worry about with Spurs. They will sign Conte esq players, then he will leave, leaving Spurs with a bunch of old, systematic only players. 

31 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Neville was spot on regarding Conte. 

"Under Conte's management, it is genuinely a military regime. It's methodical. He improves players. 18 months to 24 months later, the players are frazzled. Conte is frazzled. Then he leaves." 

It's why I always say his football was never sustainable. We have nothing to worry about with Spurs. They will sign Conte esq players, then he will leave, leaving Spurs with a bunch of old, systematic only players. 

Ok, let's hope Antonio will leave before forcing Spurs to buy a duster for their trophy cabinet. If they have one that is.

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

are you going to pay his £875K PW salary for the next 4 years?

842ec1bef4f7fe1fab28c095e95a7fe9.png

plus the £75m + trans fee?

at least a quarter of a BILLION quid

plus the players his tantrums will drive to request a transfer out

all for a player who turns 31yo this coming winter?

I mean, we all know all Greeks are shipping magnate billionaires

so come on, take on for the team

🤣

Well, I thought Neymar is a so and so prospect these days so I asked for opinions.
You think he is that special as well as expensive ?

The Greek shipping magnates are not so keen these days. Only Goulandris in the seventies and Onasis's son possibly, the one who was killed in the plane crash. There are some with 4-5 ships such as the Nottingham Forest character but they are not magnates.

On 28/05/2022 at 23:13, Vesper said:

Gnabry at £34m is a better buy IMHO

Danjuma

Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026

€75million release clause 

I wasn't aware of the release clause. I'd have to agree with you in that case. However, I'm not keen on Gnabry and a number of other targets we've been linked with. 

Someone that hasn't been mentioned much, if at all around here is Richarlison; he ticks a number of boxes and has that bite we've lacked up front. Also, he's someone the club was previously interested in prior to his move to Watford.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

With the experience players we’re already losing at the back I don’t see any scenario now where either of these two leave. Especially not after Tuchel spoke of Kante as though he’s our talisman and best player.

He's the only WC player we have, so Tuchel isn't overestimating his ability. All comes down to his fitness issues.