Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Not worried about Conte and Spurs at all. Seriously why worry about them? You guys worrying they will compete for CL qualification? we are 20 points behind Pool and City that should be our worry. Maybe you guys feel catching up to City and Pool is out of reach.

Conte is very chaotic, he will be leaving Spurs in a couple of years. Maybe win a Mickey Mouse trophy along the way, that is all.

Players like Isco and Tolisso are the kinds of players you want to avoid at all costs imo. Dudes who have been perfectly happy to rot away on the benches of big clubs never playing and then not pushing for a move away to get some minutes. Shows a lack of ambition.

Feels like it’s been 3 years since Isco has played meaningful minutes. How do you motivate a guy at a new club when he’s been chilling on the beach in Spain for years?

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

Not worried about Conte and Spurs at all. Seriously why worry about them? You guys worrying they will compete for CL qualification? we are 20 points behind Pool and City that should be our worry. Maybe you guys feel catching up to City and Pool is out of reach.

Conte is very chaotic, he will be leaving Spurs in a couple of years. Maybe win a Mickey Mouse trophy along the way, that is all.

Its mental how many times people need to spell it out. 

Conte's Football. Is. Not. Sustainable. 

They will beat Liverpool one week and draw to Burnley the next. When you shift your tactics week after week, the rhythm of play is disrupted. 

19 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If lukaku really leaves, which i am still sceptical about, it is incredible how many players we will need in summer.

2cbs, 1  cm/dm, 1-2 strikers if werner also leaves, reckon at least 1 winger/am will leave so that's another one, at least 1wing back backup; if kepa leaves 1 backup goalie

Dont remember us signing this many players in a window since 2014. Biggest rebuild in over a decade anyway. No wonder TT has cancelled vacation plans. At least it is a fun job he got at his hands.

But the worst part is this rebuiild is not a consequence of a natural ageing process but a huge systemic failure in contract management and recruiting policy

We all agree about the poorness of the recruitment methods. The knowledge that this can, and the hope that it will, be done better are the major reasons for optimism about the change of ownership. For me however the jury is out on the question of contract management. It's clearly not good that three key defenders have been up for renewal at the same time I'm, but aren't there issues impacting on this which are beyond the control of the contract planers?

We will increasingly have to accept players running down their contracts in order to better exploit their negotiating position when renewing or transferring. This change is a new fact of life, not a failure of contract management.

It's obvious that happy players are more likely to renew than unhappy ones. Anyone who follows the women's team closely knows that they genuinely adore Chelsea football club. Three players (so far) have departed CFCW this summer; two for Life reasons and one to seek more minutes. All three were emotional when announcing their departures and two of them had tears in their eyes. The CFCM squad is nowhere near as happy in general. The reasons for this are not the fault of contract management.

A key contributor to happiness is belief in the quality of the squad you are a part of. None of us here believe in that quality so why should the players be any different? The reasons for this lack of belief are not the fault of contract management.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

I'm capable of worrying about many things. 🙂

In Tottenham's case I love reminding people that they have won just one trophy in the last thirty years. I only ever want to have to update the number of years, not the number of trophies.

My worry is what CL qualification did for their ability to retain Antonio, to recruit players to add to their two superstars, for the prospect of their establishing themselves as regulars in the CL thus adding glamour and money to their recruitment firepower. They already have the stadium and the training facilities. Spurs competing for top honours is not something I ever want to see. I don't even like to hear that a Tottenham team won a game of five-a-side in training.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

25 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If Jorginho and Kante leave should we not simply replace them with like for like, such as De Jong and Bissouma?

Add Gallagher to the mix and a decently priced DM, we should be sorted?

With the experience players we’re already losing at the back I don’t see any scenario now where either of these two leave. Especially not after Tuchel spoke of Kante as though he’s our talisman and best player.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Especially not after Tuchel spoke of Kante as though he’s our talisman and best player.

Tuchel doesn't run the club.

Boehly, who's focus is solely on self sustainability, will not see a player who's now injured 50% of the time and his main strength diminishing (athleticism) still earning 300kpw as a cost effective strategy. 

26 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm capable of worrying about many things. 🙂

In Tottenham's case I love reminding people that they have won just one trophy in the last thirty years and I do not want to have to update that number.

My worry is what CL qualification did for their ability to retain Antonio, to recruit players to add to their two superstars, for the prospect of their establishing themselves as regulars in the CL thus adding glamour and money to their recruitment firepower. They already have the stadium and the training facilities. Spurs competing for top honours is not something I ever want to see. I don't even like to hear that a Tottenham team won a game of five-a-side in training.

Conte won’t stay at Spurs long enough, like I said he is way too chaotic. There is no harmony with him, he is like Mourhino things will deteriorate or he will leave before that.

Spurs can’t attract top players, add some solid players. Maybe win a cup, I don’t see them becoming a legit threat. They are bad news for Arsenal and United. If you see our positioning barely staying at the top 4 yes they are a threat, but if the goal is to compete for PL then I am not worried. 

1. Conte's football isn't sustainable in the Premier League. Even more so with Klopp and Pep setting the standard of progressive football. 

2. Conte never had a good track record managing cup competitions and the league. 

3. Conte is abysmal in Europe

4. Conte is abysmal in cup competitions. 

5. Conte will always be unsatisfied. 

17 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Tuchel doesn't run the club.

Boehly, who's focus is solely on self sustainability, will not see a player who's now injured 50% of the time and his main strength diminishing (athleticism) still earning 300kpw as a cost effective strategy. 

I think at least initially Boehly will defer entirely to Tuchel when it comes to who he wants to retain and who he wants to bring in. He’s not going to want to unsettle things more than they already are. 

If Tuchel insists that he wants Kante to stay or even given a new contract I think Boehly will say yes.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think at least initially Boehly will defer entirely to Tuchel when it comes to who he wants to retain and who he wants to bring in. He’s not going to want to unsettle things more than they already are. 

If Tuchel insists that he wants Kante to stay or even given a new contract I think Boehly will say yes.

If any new contract is offered i would imagine it would be significantly less than what Kante is earning now. 

And if Kante is disagreeing, no doubt they sell. 

36 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Conte won’t stay at Spurs long enough, like I said he is way too chaotic. There is no harmony with him, he is like Mourhino things will deteriorate or he will leave before that.

Spurs can’t attract top players, add some solid players. Maybe win a cup, I don’t see them becoming a legit threat. They are bad news for Arsenal and United. If you see our positioning barely staying at the top 4 yes they are a threat, but if the goal is to compete for PL then I am not worried. 

You have to understand that I do not only worry about Spurs finishing above us, which I do of course, I also worry about them finishing above ANYBODY!

Well, that's not strictly true. I'd like to see them finish seventeenth every season. I don't want them to go down because I love the two games each season far too much. I say 'enjoy' but the tension often takes over in the build up to the game. Not losing to them regularly means more to me than beating them. Lot's of people criticised Eden for taking the ball from that free kick at the edge of their box and running it into the corner. Not me, I loved it. I was on my feet punching the air yelling, "Go on Eden. Go on son!"

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

37 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

More seriously than my reply above: -

You clearly know Conte better than I do so I hope you are right that it will burn out for him at Spurs. I have huge respect for his ability and am definitely worried about what he might achieve with Tottenham.

They would need to build their reputation but they have many of the pieces required to do so in place. CL qualification is a big, perhaps ahead of schedule, boost for them.