Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I don't care if we have to loan Lukaku, we simply cannot have another season of him standing around pointing again and/or sitting on the bench posting tweets or doing silly interviews. Yeah, it isn't great, but I think we just need to lube up and accept the shafting on that one. 

Will be a hard one for the board to take. Giving a club 100m to then loan the player back to that exact club a year later. Can't see it happening tbh.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Will be a hard one for the board to take. Giving a club 100m to then loan the player back to that exact club a year later. Can't see it happening tbh.

Loan him to someone else or accept a low fee. Either way he cannot be here next season. Obviously not a great situation but sometimes you need to take the hit to save yourself from a bigger hit down the line. I mean, we keep him, then it'll not just be the £100m hit, but a £100m hit with 4 x years of £350k+ a week plus the Drama. 

10 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Loan him to someone else or accept a low fee. Either way he cannot be here next season. Obviously not a great situation but sometimes you need to take the hit to save yourself from a bigger hit down the line. I mean, we keep him, then it'll not just be the £100m hit, but a £100m hit with 4 x years of £350k+ a week plus the Drama. 

I want him gone tomorrow. As it stands, the worse transfer decision in Chelsea history. I hope Todd and his cronies walked into the first board meeting and asked who the fuck gave the go ahead for such a disastrous decision. I hope that head rolled.

Edited by DDA

One of the other things working against us in getting rid of Rom that hasn’t been talked about much is that there’s an extreme shortage of top quality strikers out there to replace him with. Unless Tuchel is going to go full Pep and have an entire attack consisting entirely of midfielders we will need to replace Lukaku. And we’d need at least w new attackers to do that.

Going into a season with Havertz and Broja as our only focal point strikers is no way to bridge the gap to the top 2.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

One of the other things working against us in getting rid of Rom that hasn’t been talked about much is that there’s an extreme shortage of top quality strikers out there to replace him with. Unless Tuchel is going to go full Pep and have an entire attack consisting entirely of midfielders we will need to replace Lukaku. And we’d need at least w new attackers to do that.

Going into a season with Havertz and Broja as our only focal point strikers is no way to bridge the gap to the top 2.

Personally, I am expecting big things from Kai next season. He has shown good progress since he has been here and now just needs to get the consistency together. I know a lot of people see him as a £70m player and that means he should've performed from day one, but he came in so young and has been moved around a lot/misunderstood I don't think that is necessarily the right way to view him. Imo, he is the kind of player like KdB was at his age, where everything is there, you just need him to get the consistency (which takes time/faith.) 

As for a CF, if this season has shown us anything it is that we don't really need a pure No.9. To win the PL at the moment you need a line that presses as a unit and like mad men. Obviously, taking chances has to improve but you most certainly need the former first. 

If I were in charge, I would personally take a hard look at Jesus. He isn't perfect or elite but he would slot in nicely imo and give us an option until someone else either takes the place or turns up in the market. 

Edited by King Kante

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

Crap why we always do this? Loan with these Italians clubs but we give them a lot of money. 

They truly take advantage of us all the time. 

We put ourselves in a position we can be exploited. Let's hope this will happen much less frequently from now on eh.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Personally, I am expecting big things from Kai next season. He has shown good progress since he has been here and now just needs to get the consistency together. I know a lot of people see him as a £70m player and that means he should've performed from day one, but he came in so young and has been moved around a lot/misunderstood I don't think that is necessarily the right way to view him. Imo, he is the kind of player like KdB was at his age, where everything is there, you just need him to get the consistency (which takes time/faith.) 

As for a CF, if this season has shown us anything it is that we don't really need a pure No.9. To win the PL at the moment you need a line that presses as a unit and like mad men. Obviously, taking chances has to improve but you most certainly need the former first. 

If I were in charge, I would personally take a hard look at Jesus. He isn't perfect or elite but he would slot in nicely imo and give us an option until someone else either takes the place or turns up in the market. 

After watching more and more highlights of Martinez... I like what I see. He is a lethal finisher. He isn't prolific but he might be worth a punt. 

The problem with a loan for Lukaku as mentioned is we all know how Italian teams operate and with no obligation they rarely follow through which will leave him being a problem to deal with again next year. For me it needs to be either an obligation after the loan or a sale now, even if that sale was half the price of a year ago. There has to be clarity in a potential departure with him.

More speed and more pressing. 

Sterling, Dembele, Gnabry, etc are all great options. Someone to hound and track. 

Game is constantly getting faster, and speed kills. Liverpool have won a PL title and CL largely in part because of how relentless their 3 up top are and how quick they are. 

Tchouameni close to €100m (including add-ons) Real Madrid transfer despite late PSG bid for Monaco star

https://www.goal.com/en/news/tchouameni-close-100m-real-madrid-transfer-agreement-monaco/blt195a1c95e123d33b

He turned down Pool and PSG, zero chance he would have come here

We massively fucked up last year when we would have had him for £40-45m or so 🤬

We are shit poor when it comes to sussing out huge young talent (Theo, Alisson, De Ligt, Ruben Dias, Osimhen, Vlahovic, etc etc), and then wait too long to try and buy (and at a much higher price, and after they have another team in mind, like Hakimi) and even when we do, we let them go (De Bruyne, Salah, Rice, etc), close to the worst of the big 10 or teams, then we do insanely poor panic buys of vastly overrated players (Barca is the only team worse than us when it comes to that, and Manure is close to us)

I have no doubt Real Madrid will soon make a massive effort to drag back both Hakimi and Theo as well, and will eventually end up with a 'more than still in his prime' Mbappe (he only extended to 2025 (I was shocked when I saw that). so will only be 26yo when he can leave on a free) Plus would also not be shocked at all if they pull Håland in 3, 4, 5 years. 4 years from now he will only be 25, 26yo.

Edited by Vesper

6 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Some rumours Inter only want a dry loan without obligation or option to buy. 

we are fucking idiots if we do that

we are basically shitting away most of that £97.5m we poured out for the cunt (he will turn 32yo late in the season after he comes back from a 2 year loan now)

a dry loan is a dry assfuck, no lube, no chocolates, no thanks