Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

Brennan Johnson playing today for Forest would be my under the radar signing for our front three,although would only do that if we also got someone more proven at a higher level.i think he’s gonna command a much larger fee in the next year to 18months..if Forest go up today they may not be willing to lose him but if they don’t maybe we could get him for a reasonable price. Not a priority signing but the kind of player the likes of Dortmund would sign now and sell for 3,4,5 times more in a couple of years.(though we wouldnt have to sell like they often do)players on the rise before they reached their peak is way we should go with majority of our signings imo

good spot, I was thinking the same thing during the game

the biggest downside to Forest going up (which I wanted to happen)

is that now Djed Spence is going to be a hard AF pull 😧

54 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

If lukaku really leaves, which i am still sceptical about, it is incredible how many players we will need in summer.

2cbs, 1  cm/dm, 1-2 strikers if werner also leaves, reckon at least 1 winger/am will leave so that's another one, at least 1wing back backup; if kepa leaves 1 backup goalie

Dont remember us signing this many players in a window since 2014. Biggest rebuild in over a decade anyway. No wonder TT has cancelled vacation plans. At least it is a fun job he got at his hands.

But the worst part is this rebuiild is not a consequence of a natural ageing process but a huge systemic failure in contract management and recruiting policy

Personally I think Tuchel will be quietly excited. He might not be able to change everything this summer but he'll be given the chance to make a number of changes in his own image. If we're all honest Rudiger aside, I dont think any of the other players being linked with moves away we fans are looking at in genuine horror. For some it's been coming and year after year they seem to stay here.

I dont expect miracles next season but so long as Tuchel can keep us in the top 4 and challenging/winning in the cups whilst transitioning to a new squad, I'm excited to finally see a manager get a bit more influence on the squad makeup and management moving forward.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

How about you give us the 100 millions we wasted on your ass as well you shitty clown. I'd seriously keep this donkey here just to do the same thing we did with Malouda in his last year.

Exactly. Pay or send a different player over.

I will be happy with Bastoni.

Just laying this out there:

I watch a TONNE of Serie A

The majority of my wants/targets/suggestions are often from there

I also was a HUGE booster of Bastoni (go do a search) until this season

But, I am going to say that given his performance this year (he has regressed a bit IMHO, especially with positioning) and his lack of physicality (the EPL may, may be too much for him atm)

then, given that,

the other CB on Inter who I have pushed for years (Skriniar) is likely far better suited for the EPL atm, had a big rebound year, just turned 27 3 months ago, so is in prime time for a CB (and CB's age better than most other positions, so he likely has 5 or even 6 great years left) and is a beast in a back 2 as well as a back 3 (a back three was part of his minor struggles under Conte, but he has overcome that now)

https://theathletic.com/3333034/2022/05/30/Chelsea-transfers-kounde-tuchel/

Recap of things we all kinda know
Jules Kounde first signing, Gvardiol depends on outgoings,
Colwill, Ampadu, Billy, Connor, Broja to be assessed in pre-season
Kepa bid his goodbyes, Azpi didn't but could still leave
Club wants Gabriel Slonina (18), Nathan Baxter maybe 2nd choice
Tuchel wants RWB cover - Dujon Sterling, still monitoring Hakimi
Tuchel wants Emerson to be Chilwell backup
Ziyech, Werner, Lukaku exploring options. Lautaro Martinez and Nkunku name-dropped in attack.
Ousmane can't be ruled out

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

Ziyech, Werner, Lukaku exploring options. Lautaro Martinez and Nkunku name-dropped in attack.

I can see a potential swap deal involving both Lukaku and Martinez, would rather prefer Barella or Bastoni instead.

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Neymar jr ?

are you going to pay his £875K PW salary for the next 4 years?

842ec1bef4f7fe1fab28c095e95a7fe9.png

plus the £75m + trans fee?

at least a quarter of a BILLION quid

plus the players his tantrums will drive to request a transfer out

all for a player who turns 31yo this coming winter?

I mean, we all know all Greeks are shipping magnate billionaires

so come on, take on for the team

🤣

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Perhaps that is why not every squad member was spotted at the event which followed, but the presence of Todd Boehly and Behdad Eghbali was certainly noted.

They, along with Hansjorg Wyss and Jose Feliciano — two more members of the incoming consortium — had already made a point of greeting all the personnel on the pitch immediately following the Watford match. But attending a post-season function provided another indication of the personal touch the new regime want to employ.

🤣🤣

WDS News

Edited by Vesper

Have a feeling there’s going to be be a huge scramble among several big clubs for these marquee CB’s so it would be amazing to get 2 in quickly. But I hope we avoid Pau Torres. He has massive bust written all over him in my eyes. Not impressed with him at all.

Would be sad if the Gvardiol rumors just sort of fade away because he’s literally the perfect Rüdiger replacement you can imagine. 

52 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kounde, whether I like it or not, is coming, I am resigned to that likely outcome

RB wanting €80m (£68m) for Gvardiol makes that difficult AF, I would go for Koulibaly at only £34m, then (hopefully no one grabs him) make a play for Gvardiol next summer, when Thiago is gone

Ousmane is a sign sign sign for me

Gotta be looking at Gnabry for only £34m for the other winger

Colwill, good

Gallgher good

Ampadu, no

Broja? up in the air for sure, after his shit 2nd half of the season (but he is only 20yo, so bound to be some hiccups I guess, but zero chance he ready to be our main strike I wager

Billy needs another loan, maybe to Forest

Looks like our two reserve fullbacks will be Sterling and Emerson (I am NOT thrilled, really wanted Perisic (Spuds signing today, grrrr) or Borna Sosa for LWB, and Djed Spence for RWB, but Forest being promoted likely fucks that)

still monitoring Hakimi  <<< heard that before, I do NOT see thus happening unless Real steal off Reece in 2022 or 2023, then Hakimi becomes a do or die (Reece to Real closes down his dream return there)

Nkunku is also at least €80m and ALL the big teams want him, so not holding my breath

Wow, Lautaro? I absolutely am not sure of this, would rather make a play for Lewa (but Barca will go balls deep)

only other truly legit (talent wise and not a youth) CF options are

Kane (so not happening)

Osimhen (big bucks, BUT if we are not buying a lot of the hugh priced others and we can ship Rom, well, who knows)

Dušan Vlahović (almost impossible, he just went to Juve)

Jesus (will also be around £35m, 40m max)

Darwin Núñez (dice roll, BUT could be a monster, although that also could be a monster BUST, lolol)

wild cards not mentioned

Rice

Jude Bellingham

Tchouameni (Monaco wants €80m/£68m, Real says €70m/£60m max, but now Real will earn shedloads more due to CL win)

Skriniar or Barella (Donkeykaku swap?)

Hugo Ekitike    youth CF 

Yves Bissouma (if sex charges dropped)

Edited by Vesper