Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If the figures being talked about are true (and they surely are) we were never in a million years going to be in the race for Haaland even if Roman were still here and willing to spend big. Lukaku or no Lukaku we aren’t a club that would pay any player £500k a week. There are only 3 clubs in the world who are willing to do so and those are Real Madrid, PSG, and City. And the latter 2 have literally limitless cash funneled through their clubs.

Honestly, I’m not sure just how much scarier he makes City. They’re already completely dominant in the league and score more than anyone else. He should certainly help them in those games where City created chance after chance but couldn’t score and therefore dropped points I guess. That’s the only reason Liverpool we’re able to catch up. But I don’t think he’s this transformative signing like he would be if he came to Chelsea.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If the figures being talked about are true (and they surely are) we were never in a million years going to be in the race for Haaland even if Roman were still here and willing to spend big. Lukaku or no Lukaku we aren’t a club that would pay any player £500k a week. There are only 3 clubs in the world who are willing to do so and those are Real Madrid, PSG, and City. And the latter 2 have literally limitless cash funneled through their clubs.

Honestly, I’m not sure just how much scarier he makes City. They’re already completely dominant in the league and score more than anyone else. He should certainly help them in those games where City created chance after chance but couldn’t score and therefore dropped points I guess. That’s the only reason Liverpool we’re able to catch up. But I don’t think he’s this transformative signing like he would be if he came to Chelsea.

It remains to be seen and to be honest City create so many chances I'm sure he'll score goals, but I do get the feeling Haaland is more of an opportunity that City have sensed and is perhaps with an eye beyond Pep's tenure at the club. His track record with out and out strikers isn't too great besides Lewa. He bombed Eto'o out of Barca, couldn't get Zlatan to work and there was always reported needle between him and Aguero, especially in the early years at City. I can completely see why he'd think Kane would suit City as he is capable of dropping deeper and playing as a false 9 and allowing players to run beyond him. I'm not as sure Haaland fits into the style of play Pep likes to play but I guess we'll see.

I completely agree regarding the wage packet though and ultimately it will cause City problems down the line. There will be a number of players in their squad, regulars who have been a huge success getting between £100-200k a week. Haaland becomes the new benchmark at City, and a lot of those players will suddenly be in a position where they are being paid barely a quarter of the highest paid player at the club. It'll immediately cause all new contract negotiations to rise.

It's the same reason why Liverpool are so reluctant to pay Salah £400k a week because it blows their whole wage structure out of the water. It's also another reason why we should be looking to move Lukaku on in the summer and bring that wage ceiling at our club down a bit.

It'll be interesting how UEFA implement this new iteration of FFP. I'm sure there will be some form of loopholes, there almost always is, but the idea of keeping transfer and wages within a percentage of a club's revenue makes more sense as a cost control mechanism within football and should also be a lot easier to "police". If UEFA take a hard line with this, then this move could spell problems later down the line for City. 

Never happening. Long term contract, almost certainly will end up being in the shout for future captain of the club. There are some 'pillars' we need to be building the long term future of the club around and he's arguably the number one of them all.

You could tell how much they respected him during and after the match. They probably would indeed love to get their hands on him as would any other big club. Thankfully there’s absolutely zero to worry about. He’ll be here for his whole career. 

Rüdiger on the other hand… 😬 Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him choose Real Madrid.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

You could tell how much they respected him during and after the match. They probably would indeed love to get their hands on him as would any other big club. Thankfully there’s absolutely zero to worry about. He’ll be here for his whole career. 

Rüdiger on the other hand… 😬 Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him choose Real Madrid.

I still believe staying is his preference. If he can get a good contract from us, which to be fair he has fully justified in the last 18 months, then I don't see any need for him to move when he's settled and part of a successful team challenging for trophies with a manager and fans that adore him.

You have to believe that the prospective owners whether through Marina and the Chelsea board or directly with Rudiger's agent have held some form of discussions or at least confirmed their intention to keep him and tie him down to a new deal when sanctions are lifted. If I was one of them, it would certainly be something I would definitely have attempted to appease the situation as otherwise we're losing one of the best defenders in world football right now for free.

On 15/04/2022 at 10:33, Pizy said:

Very interested in him. Looks like a beast. But is he having a Werner or Sancho like season where he puts up insane stats in Germany and then looks mediocre when he steps up to a big club?

We should certainly be looking at him.

Who knows what the new owners' stance will be on existing transfer targets but surely the current regime has already made decisions on Nkunku having taken TT's opinion into account. 

14 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

De Ligt would be very costly in terms of transfer fee+wage+agent commision, honestly i can't see the new owner doing Roman aka splashing €100m for one player anymore. If Rudiger or Azpilicueta also gone we need at least 2 new CBs as well. 

Milan Škriniar

plus one of these

Bremer    
Nico Schlotterbeck 

or if a fail on Škriniar as well as de Ligt

then both

12 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Think Schlotterbeck appears Dortmund bound.

ffs, yes

Update: Bayern Munich target Nico Schlotterbeck will ink deal with Borussia Dortmund — details leaked

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2022/4/19/23031713/report-bayern-munich-target-nico-schlotterbeck-transfer-borussia-dortmund-germany-sc-freiburg-sule

Eintracht Frankfurt - SC Freiburg

The loss of Rudiger will be massive if it happens. Not just losing one of our best players and clearly one of the leaders of our dressing room, but we're going to have to replace him and we already have other areas of the squad which need addressing. No idea what our budget might be but it won't stretch across too many players unless we have a couple of potential gems ready to unearth. 

We will need to get another CB with his intensity. Also we definitely need to ship quite a handful of players off to help with funds, we just have too many players to buy. Barkley, Lukaku, Sarr, RLC (although he intends to stay), Kepa, one of Puli, Ziyech,Werner.

It is really difficult to plan your next buys when you dont know who the owner is..

Edited by chelsea_4_eva