Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, Vesper said:

no team on the planet will pay that, come on

he is a dwarf and injury prone

Wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal go in for him.

Maybe they'll be able to knock the price down a little, especially if there's no one else really in for him but I would expect Brighton to be wanting at least £30m for him.

2 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

How much do you think Lukaku can fetch? If we can sell him at a decent price, (probably a loss) it would be helpful for our transfer budget.

Should be around €70m - €80m. Higuain at the same age costed Juve €90m.

Edited by Blues Forever

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal go in for him.

Maybe they'll be able to knock the price down a little, especially if there's no one else really in for him but I would expect Brighton to be wanting at least £30m for him.

I would not pay £30m for him

he is almost 22, so he really needs to start showing something the next 2, 3 years, or he goes into RLC territory, all promise, not true delivery of the goods

he is always injured (now a knee)

he is 20, yes 20, cms shorter than me, a cisgendered female (granted I am on the tall side, but still)

and when he does play, he is not that productive

no goals, 2 assists (one of them against a horrific Watford side) in 1600 minutes

916e569f4b39494da75f3109de2d0827.png

pass

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

How realistic is the possibility of getting Lamptey back? I had my heart set on activating Livra's clause but his injury could take a while to recover from even when back. I know Tariq doesn't exactly have the cleanest bill of health but none of his injury's seem to have affected his performance so far.

I like Lamptey a lot but I still think he has more to work on. Especially his end product. Good at beating a man etc but needs to be more consistent. Has very good balance so doesnt get bullied of the ball but his height can be a issue which other teams will target. Misses way too many games as well. Think someone mentioned him earlier, but I really like Djed Spence. Looks a brilliant prospect. But I think he will be looking to go to a PL team to start which he can easily do. At us would not be guaranteed starter.

2 hours ago, milka said:

Gvardiol actually looks a helluva centre back and given his age, he has the potential to be a huge signing.

Leipzig however are a great example of what we need to be looking at in the future. I know they have at times benefitted from their links with Salzburg, but they've also made a lot of shrewd young signings in recent years and made a lot of money selling some of these players on. They've lost Upamecano and Konate and managed to replace them with a talent like Gvardiol, their scouting and recruitment has been admirable.

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Rudiger, Kai and Kova below Mount lol

Yes, Mount will possibly end up with 30+ total goals produced (he has 27, 12 goals, 15 assists, in only 3300 minutes) at the age of 22/23, and has been a monster in our press.

He is one of the most valuable MF'ers on the planet. Do not care what the haters say.

Kovacic has missed far too many games (he only has 2600 minutes played)

Rudiger was a close call, but not going to put both CB's above Mount

Kai has less production than Mount, he has 13 goals, 5 assists, with only 7 league goals

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Lamptey has had some injury issues since leaving also. I do not think his height effects his one on one defending, but it does hurt us on set pieces. 

His incredible lack of height most definitely hurts on defending, and not just on set pieces.

4 hours ago, milka said:

Fofana just renewed for 5 years (until mid 2027), he is going nowhere.

He still is not 100% recovered from his horrid fibula fracture either (although I fully expect he will be by autumn).

I do not want Kounde at all, especially if he costs damn near £70m.

In a hypothetical. I take Fofana over Kounde, if Fofana was 100% fit, actually available, and £20m or less in cost (lower salary I am sure as well)

Other, better options out there to both.

Kind of ironic that the most natural Rudiger replacement, in terms of his main attributes (speed and aggression), is someone we sold for peanuts to Milan with no sort of buyback clause and probably no hope of getting back. Unless we reincarnate R.Madrid Pepe with added pace or somehow manage to bring back Tomori, anyone we get won't be anywhere near as good as Rudiger.

Which leads me to think we simply can't make the same mistake with Colwill if he's as good as everyone is saying. Might not be experienced enough or good enough yet but I'd hate to see history continue to repeat itself by signing another expensive defender who might (in his head) block his path and make him consider his options.

I've seen Bremer on a couple occasions and he looks a class player allbeit a little lacking in terms of acceleration off the mark. I can't see him playing as an outer CB in a 3 but as direct competition with Silva who we all know can't play every game at his age. I'd bring him in and take the risk on Colwill in a prominent role, and pray.

CB is probably the one position on the pitch where you don’t need to spend a bomb to get someone you can quickly mould into a top player. Especially someone like Tuchel and especially in a 3 CB system. He has made Rüdiger look incredible, 37 year old Silva look like he’s 27 etc.

You don’t need to spend VVD/Maguire/Dias sort of money to get a CB. If the club is smart we could buy 1 decently priced CB and then pick up a free agent like Ginter. Maybe someone with 1 year left on a cut priced deal.

I’ve really cooled on the idea of Koundé. Really wanted him and still would as an AC replacement if Rüdiger was staying. But I don’t think he’s worth the gamble now.