Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I know it's not always as easy as it sounds because you have to find a buyer, but if the club needs to generate it's own transfer funds this summer then there are certainly options to do so and refresh the squad.

There's a couple of players out of contract we could look at signing to replace players we could sell on. Sam Johnstone would be a solid backup keeper if he's willing to, and in turn we could look at selling Kepa if it's possible and get his massive wages off the books. In the summer he'll have £30m amortisation value left and it might be the first year where we can possibly get a transfer fee that isn't a million miles away from his value left on the books.

And Dembele for me is worth a punt. I know his injury history leaves question marks but he is a genuine game changer. His current form at Barca is proof of that. If we were able to sign him, then we could potentially look at moving Werner on. Again his book value will be somewhere around £30-35m and there will likely still be a market for him abroad, especially in Germany and with the World Cup next season he may be more receptive to a move to be playing regularly.

Broja could come back in and I think his characteristics fit Tuchel far more than Lukaku. He still needs to learn and develop but he'd get plenty of game time if he's backup to Havertz, whilst offering a different skill set. This would also free up the ability to sell Lukaku if there is a buyer. We might have to take a bit of a hit on him, but if anyone was prepared to pay somewhere between £60-80m for him I'd be happy to take that and accept it as a mistake. 

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I know it's not always as easy as it sounds because you have to find a buyer, but if the club needs to generate it's own transfer funds this summer then there are certainly options to do so and refresh the squad.

There's a couple of players out of contract we could look at signing to replace players we could sell on. Sam Johnstone would be a solid backup keeper if he's willing to, and in turn we could look at selling Kepa if it's possible and get his massive wages off the books. In the summer he'll have £30m amortisation value left and it might be the first year where we can possibly get a transfer fee that isn't a million miles away from his value left on the books.

And Dembele for me is worth a punt. I know his injury history leaves question marks but he is a genuine game changer. His current form at Barca is proof of that. If we were able to sign him, then we could potentially look at moving Werner on. Again his book value will be somewhere around £30-35m and there will likely still be a market for him abroad, especially in Germany and with the World Cup next season he may be more receptive to a move to be playing regularly.

Broja could come back in and I think his characteristics fit Tuchel far more than Lukaku. He still needs to learn and develop but he'd get plenty of game time if he's backup to Havertz, whilst offering a different skill set. This would also free up the ability to sell Lukaku if there is a buyer. We might have to take a bit of a hit on him, but if anyone was prepared to pay somewhere between £60-80m for him I'd be happy to take that and accept it as a mistake. 

Broja is the way to go, as Osimhen is not going to happen atm, if ever

I do not rate any of the other possible CF's out there who are remotely doable

IF Lewa or Benz on a free, sure, BUT neither is in the cards this summer (both their contracts expire in 2023, but both may re-sign, not sure)

after the big 9 (the top 7 CF's in valuation, IF you count Mbappe as a CF, plus add in Benz and Lewa)

look the drop off:

it is crazy (even more so if no Jota, see below)

in order, starting at number 8 overall in TM valuation (I removed all Chels and Chels loanees)

so many (the 10 in bold) are not even pure CFs (no clue why Jota is listed as a CF, when he is clearly a winger or a false nine, amd also, not related to that, he is BY far the best player atm out of these 40, Pool's winger/SS recruitment is insanely good)

other than Adeyemi, hardly any of these interest me atm, for various reasons

Diogo Jota 
Jonathan David  

Amine Gouiri  (I do need to scout him more)
Richarlison  
Gabriel Jesus  

Tammy Abraham   
Memphis Depay 
Dominic Calvert-Lewin 
Darwin Núñez  
Alexander Isak  
Patrik Schick  
Gerard Moreno 
André Silva   
Roberto Firmino   
Karim Adeyemi  (was a teenager just 9 weeks ago) 
Youssef En-Nesyri
Ollie Watkins
Ivan Toney 
Matheus Cunha  
Gianluca Scamacca  
Sébastien Haller 
Álvaro Morata  
Ciro Immobile  
Duván Zapata  
Giacomo Raspadori    
Moise Kean  
Anthony Martial  
Andrea Belotti  
Wissam Ben Yedder  
Mauro Icardi  
Donyell Malen  
Gabriel Barbosa   
Iñaki Williams  
Sardar Azmoun
Julián Álvarez  
Sasa Kalajdzic   
Patson Daka    
Raúl Jiménez   
Danny Ings  
Luis Muriel  

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, gdlk said:

Anthony from Ajax looks promising too.. And wont cost much

Interesting name but I'd go for the top tier - Dembele, Raphinha - rather than take on another project

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Interesting name but I'd go for the top tier - Dembele, Raphinha - rather than take on another project

Raphinha has already agreed to a 5 year contract with Barca, they are just waiting to see if Leeds get relegated (£25m if they do, £75m if they don't, or some crazy swaps, they (Leeds) are talking about wanting a 4 for 1. IF they stay up, Leeds wants Riqui Puig, Neto (backup keeper), Martin Braithwaite, and CB Óscar Mingueza, which is a great deal for Barca IF Leeds are not relegated. Those 4 added together are nowhere near £50m in worth IMHO, let alone £75m)

I have a bad feeling that Dembele may re-sign, not sure

IF he doesn't we should make a move

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Raphinha has already agreed to a 5 year contract with Barca, they are just waiting to see if Leeds get relegated (£25m if they do, £75m if they don't, or some crazy swaps, they (Leeds) are talking about wanting a 4 for 1. IF they stay up, Leeds wants Riqui Puig, Neto (backup keeper), Martin Braithwaite, and CB Óscar Mingueza, which is a great deal for Barca IF Leeds are not relegated. Those 4 added together are nowhere near £50m in worth IMHO, let alone £75m)

I have a bad feeling that Dembele may re-sign, not sure

IF he doesn't we should make a move

Auba has been talking about trying to convince Dembele. I hope he wants out at least to try a new league

27 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Werner and Lukaku OUT

Dembele and Broja IN

The main 16 (15 if you remove Raphinha) winger options (Chiesa is off the list due to his bad knee injury, he wont be ready to even try to buy until summer 2023, same for Florian Wirtz)

some are AMF/Winger or CF/SS/Winger hybrid types

Raphinha
Christopher Nkunku  (Insane production at AMF/winger, over 40 goals produced already)
Serge Gnabry (if he doesn't renew with Bayern)
Ousmane Dembélé
Jarrod Bowen
Mikel Oyarzabal 
Moussa Diaby 
Carlos Soler  (AMF/CMF/Winger combo) 
Karim Adeyemi (more of a CF/SS, but can play winger, he is very young, just tuned 20)
Arnaut Danjuma
Cody Gakpo
Allan Saint-Maximin
Pedro Neto
Ismaïla Sarr
Charles De Ketelaere (AMF/SS/winger type, similar to Havertz, 21yo, 1.92m)
Kamaldeen Sulemana

I left Dybala off, as he only wants Atletico Madrid (on a free)

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Broja is the way to go, as Osimhen is not going to happen atm, if ever

I do not rate any of the other possible CF's out there who are remotely doable

Your list and the obvious (that the top strikers around bar Mbappe are all either approaching 30 or well past it) just goes to show why Tuchel needs to persist with Havertz.

He seems to be getting better all the time and I do see him as a consistent goal scorer in the future for Chelsea. But his all round game also suits the rest of the team (i.e. the attacking midfielders and wing backs). 

Broja is a different option as a more direct alternative and a natural striker but unlike Lukaku he will lead the line with his pressing and work rate, whilst also not carrying the big price tag and big ego baggage.

A few weeks ago I felt Pulisic was probably the most disposable of our attackers (not including Lukaku) but his form has much improved recently and he does have that purple patch after lockdown which makes you not want to give up on him. He does seem to be preferred by Tuchel to Werner too who I think has to be the one now on the chopping block.

If we could still bring in Dembele to replace Werner and Broja replaced Lukaku, I think we have a more balanced attack that is suited to Tuchel and in doing so will have freed up quite substantial transfer funds to potentially improve other areas of the squad.

38 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Your list and the obvious (that the top strikers around bar Mbappe are all either approaching 30 or well past it) just goes to show why Tuchel needs to persist with Havertz.

He seems to be getting better all the time and I do see him as a consistent goal scorer in the future for Chelsea. But his all round game also suits the rest of the team (i.e. the attacking midfielders and wing backs). 

Broja is a different option as a more direct alternative and a natural striker but unlike Lukaku he will lead the line with his pressing and work rate, whilst also not carrying the big price tag and big ego baggage.

A few weeks ago I felt Pulisic was probably the most disposable of our attackers (not including Lukaku) but his form has much improved recently and he does have that purple patch after lockdown which makes you not want to give up on him. He does seem to be preferred by Tuchel to Werner too who I think has to be the one now on the chopping block.

If we could still bring in Dembele to replace Werner and Broja replaced Lukaku, I think we have a more balanced attack that is suited to Tuchel and in doing so will have freed up quite substantial transfer funds to potentially improve other areas of the squad.

tbf

of the top 7 CF's in terms of valuation

only Kane and Lukaku are nearing 30 (both are 28 atm, Lukaku turns 30yo right at next season's end, and Kane turns 30yo two months and two weeks later, before the season after the coming one starts)

the others are all 21yo to 24yo atm

of course the other two of the 'Big 9' (or Big 8 if you remove Mbappe as a CF) are Lewa (turns 34yo this August) and Benz (turns 35yo this December)

c984c8a26390e8ff83dce8182000023d.png

Big Nine

Big 8

Edited by Vesper

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

tbf

of the top 7 CF's in terms of valuation

only Kane and Lukaku are nearing 30 (both are 28 atm, Lukaku turns 30yo right at next season's end, and Kane turns 30yo two months and two weeks later, before the season after the coming one starts)

the others are all 21yo to 24yo atm

of course the other two of the 'Big 9' (or Big 8 if you remove Mbappe as a CF) are Lewa (turns 34yo this August) and Benz (turns 35yo this December)

c984c8a26390e8ff83dce8182000023d.png

Big Nine

Big 8

Completely forgot about Haaland to be honest!

The rest I personally think have more to prove yet (Martinez, Osimhen, Vlahovic) before they're in a conversation to discuss the best strikers in world football. I can understand their valuations placing them all in that bracket though due to their respective ages.

It really fucking sucks that many of these highly talented and highly sought after talents are likely sorting out their summer moves and getting things agreed behind the scenes right now. But due to our ownership situation we’re probably being left behind because there’s so much uncertainty.

The likes of Tchoameni, Dembele, and other guys who are certain to move we may miss out on because of these damned sanctions.

52 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It really fucking sucks that many of these highly talented and highly sought after talents are likely sorting out their summer moves and getting things agreed behind the scenes right now. But due to our ownership situation we’re probably being left behind because there’s so much uncertainty.

The likes of Tchoameni, Dembele, and other guys who are certain to move we may miss out on because of these damned sanctions.

Tchouameni to choose between Real Madrid and PSG

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2022/03/29/62430a8546163f3f7e8b45d5.html

Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are involved in another transfer tussle, this time over Aurelien Tchouameni.

A move to the Premier League should be ruled out for the Monaco midfielder, as Chelsea are facing a crisis after the UK government's sanctions on owner Roman Abramovich, while Manchester City are interested in him but don't consider the Frenchman as a priority target.

Meanwhile, L'Equipe reported a few days ago that Monaco president Dimitri Rybolovlev is not satisfied with the club's management and he is contemplating a revolution by parting ways with vice-president Oleg Petrov, sporting director Paul Mitchell and even the coach Philippe Clement.

Monaco would be willing to cash in on the youngster, whose services they acquired from Bordeaux in exchange for 18 million euros back in 2020. This has sparked a race to sign the talented 22-year-old midfielder.

Another Camavinga case

The French defensive midfielder, who is considered as one of the most talented prodigies in his position, will be asked to decide whether he wants to stay in his country or try his luck elsewhere by joining Real Madrid.

Los Blancos and PSG were both interested in signing Eduardo Camavinga last summer, but the French club didn't make a move and he joined Real Madrid on deadline day.

Real Madrid's head scout Juni Calafat travelled to Monaco last January to meet with Tchouameni's representatives, but, in the event the LaLiga Santander giants move for both Kylian Mbappe and Erling Haaland, they may not have 60 million euros to sign him.

Meanwhile, France coach Didier Deschamps already considers him as a starter alongside Paul Pogba and N'Golo Kante in midfield and people at Real Madrid believe that the club should move for him in the summer, considering Tchouameni as the perfect long-term replacement for Casemiro.

PSG's position on Tchouameni

With the futures of Mauricio Pochettino and Leonardo up in the air, Nasser Al-Khelaifi is contemplating making changes in summer, with Zinedine Zidane the favourite to take over at PSG.

Their intention is to strengthen their midfield, with Pogba an option, as his contract with Manchester United is coming to an end. However, PSG have also made their moves in their bid to attract Tchouameni's attention.

His agent denies an agreement

Tchouameni's agent Jonathan Kebe has stayed discreetly in the background, aware that time is on his side.

The man who also represents Sevilla centre-back Jules Kounde denied last week that there is already an agreement with Real Madrid.

Real Madrid see Dortmund's Jude Bellingham as Luka Modric replacement

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4627020/live-transfer-talk-real-madrid-see-dortmunds-jude-bellingham-as-luka-modric-replacement

Real Madrid have identified Jude Bellingham as a target in 2023, according to Bild.

The 18-year-old Borussia Dortmund star is seen as an ideal replacement for the 36-year-old Luka Modric as Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti looks to re-structure the midfield.

It is reported that any deal could cost in the region of €100 million if the LaLiga side are to sign Bellingham, though they could risk the deal by waiting, with Liverpool recently linked with a potential move for the England international.

Bellingham has remained a key player for BVB this season with three goals and seven assists in 25 Bundesliga appearances, and he is contracted at Signal Iduna Park until 2025.

Borussia Dortmund are interested in Chelsea forward Timo Werner

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2022/03/transfer-news-borussia-dortmund-Chelsea-forward-timo-werner/

According to 90min (h/t Football.London), Borussia Dortmund are seemingly interested in Chelsea attacker Timo Werner. The German club has also recognized Anthony Martial as a prospective target before the start of next season.

The 26-year-old has largely struggled to make his mark at Stamford Bridge since his arrival. His performances have blown hot and cold throughout his time at Chelsea and his on-field output has left the fans asking for more on several occasions. Werner has only bagged seven goals and clocked four assists in 28 matches across all competitions for the Blues this campaign.

The Bundesliga club have been known to revitalise players and develop young prospective talent at the same time. They have become a transitory place for top products such as Robert Lewandowski, Jadon Sancho with their new crop of players like Erling Haaland and Jude Bellingham being touted for big things in the future.

The West Londoners have struggled to open up opposing defences on several instances but Kai Havertz has provided Thomas Tuchel a dependable outlet up top in recent memory. This along with the 26-year-old German international’s lack of clinical finishing has seen him go down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge.

EXCLUSIVE: Barcelona to open contract talks with Ousmane Dembele after his return to form under Xavi - which could impact on Catalans' attempt to sign Leeds winger Raphinha

• Barcelona have contemplating a move for Leeds winger Raphinha 
  • Ousmane Dembele has found form after being strongly linked with an exit
  • The Spanish club are now ready to enter talks over a new contract 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10666003/Barcelona-open-talks-revitalised-Ousmane-Dembele-new-deal-despite-Raphinha.html