Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Nero said:

YEEEEES, finally this fucker is out of my club. He wanted to leave for free. If he really loves Chelsea, he wouldn't do that cunt move. 

But our sports directors threatened him and won. 

He would get more money in signing-on fees by running down the contract. I don't blame him one bit if he wanted to do that.

The board has not treated him right and he has played on for a year with great professionalism after being told to leave last summer. Was the best + most consistent midfielder last season too.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

YEEEEES, finally this fucker is out of my club. He wanted to leave for free. If he really loves Chelsea, he wouldn't do that cunt move. 

But our sports directors threatened him and won. 

This is wrong with todays fan base,Conor has been at the club sense a young lad! Chelsea through and through and given everything to the club he loved as a boy,but people like you just  say thank fuck he’s gone!! Show some little respect! ✊🏻 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

He would get more money in signing-on fees by running down the contract. I don't blame him one bit if he wanted to do that.

He also wouldn't want to be remembered as a player that ran down his contract (sat in the reserves for a full season) and then walked on a free transfer at the age of 24. 

I've seen younger players (U-18 to U-20) leave on free transfers but don't recall many senior professionals doing it unless there was serious bad blood with the club. 

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Juventus send Federico Chiesa a clear message

Federico Chiesa was left out of Juventus’ squad for their friendly with Stade Brestois on Saturday as the club sent the player a very clear message. I’ve told you guys several times since June that Juve’s new coach Thiago Motta has no plans for Chiesa ahead of the new season. The winger’s contract expires next summer and there are no negotiations over an extension with the situation being very tense at present.

All parties are trying to find a solution but Juventus’ plan is very clear as they want to sell Chiesa to make money and use it to sign players such as Jean-Clair Todibo. Keep an eye on this situation as things will happen over the final weeks of the transfer window.

@Vesper would you take him at Chelsea as another option on the wings or too injury prone for us?

the agenda against Gallagher is good pr  for Clownlake  turned things in their favor by making the player look like they want only money  absolute jokers 

Wore our badge with pride.,Right move for all concerned though.if he had longer left on his contract we could have seen if he could adapt to our new style or if EM doesnt last we revert back...Athletico and us are  bonded somewhat by having common enemies so genuinely wish him well.

Would love to see the funds of Conor and Lukaku used to buy a prime CB and a surefire LW. 

Might be worth taking a run on Chiesa at 15m? But we have enough players who spend time in the hospital bay. 

20 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ornstein reported we are out of trouble after selling hotels. Hutchinson, Maatsen and Hall gave us almost 100m pure profit. Chalobah, Broja, Gallagher sales expected. We can buy 3 Osimhens if we want. 

My memory wasn't up to it so I checked with Google and see that Enzo and Moises signed for 8.5 and 8 years respectively. Basing the calculation on those contract lengths*, £100m will more or less cover us for 4 years of their combined amortisation cost. Transfer fees for the other three names you mentioned would take care of most of the rest.

That's a stark demonstration of the strategy being followed, though we're not going to be able to sell £200m worth of academy talent to get us out of trouble every summer. A reality which won't be helped by the now alarmingly regular loss of our best academy talents for little or no transfer/compensation fees. Although I have never seen either of the lads we have lost to City and Liverpool this summer play, it's disappointing to read that they are both regarded as extremely high level prospects. We have to work on solving that situation.

*These 2 deals were done before the five-year amortisation cap was imposed.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

4 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I've seen younger players (U-18 to U-20) leave on free transfers but don't recall many senior professionals doing it unless there was serious bad blood with the club. 

Rudiger, Christensen, Kante. Just Chelsea 2 years ago.