Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

No they are not gone but a club that has ambition to be champion again cant rely on these kind of players. These are squad players, nothing more. So yea, Mudryk, Madueke, Sterling as starters and Puli and Ziyech as back up if we cant get rid of them. 

To be champions again? I hope you mean get in the CL again. Because we aren’t going to be anywhere near the too 4 this season.

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

To be champions again? I hope you mean get in the CL again. Because we aren’t going to be anywhere near the too 4 this season.

In the long term. This is a long term project with the goal to be champion within the next 3-4 years. 

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

He's still on our books. We don't want to go back to having a squad of 60+ with the current loan restrictions to boot.

So we shouldnt strengthen our squad bc we have so much deadwood? Wont get us forward at all.

Isnt Boehly famous for just terminating player contracts and just paying them off? 😂

8 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

In the long term. This is a long term project with the goal to be champion within the next 3-4 years. 

We will likely still be miles off in 3-4 years if we dont find good successors/upgrades for Jorginho and Kante and decent back up to James….. then the search for a good CF, plus I am doubtful that the likes of Wesley Fofana, Mudryk, etc are genuinely world beaters like the prices would indicate. Whats your hard on with the thinking Boehly throwing money purely at the wings is going to make any difference if he doesn’t sort key areas in the long run? I mean unless the intention is to play with a front 5 it would be moronic to just keep going for wingers/attacking midfielders.

Edited by OneMoSalah

14 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

So we shouldnt strengthen our squad bc we have so much deadwood? Wont get us forward at all.

Isnt Boehly famous for just terminating player contracts and just paying them off? 😂

That isn't what I'm saying at all. We just have to be smart about our business.

Famous? He did it once AFAIK (referring to Chelsea only).

Edited by LAM09

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

We will likely still be miles off in 3-4 years if we dont find good successors/upgrades for Jorginho and Kante and decent back up to James….. plus I am doubtful that the likes of Wesley Fofana, Mudryk, etc are genuinely world beaters like the prices would indicate. 

Maybe they are not. We cant know yet. But what we know is that the likes of Pulisic or Ziyech definitely arent world beaters. So keeping them or not trying to replace them would just prolong our pain. 

And yes, midfield is still a problem. But we will address this, either now or in summer. Enzo or/and Caicedo will be ours before next season starts. 

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

That isn't what I'm saying at all. We just have to be smart about our business.

Famous? He did it once AFAIK (referring to Chelsea only.

I remember someone saying he used to do that a lot at the Dodgers when he was confirmed as our new owner, but I dunno if true. 

I wonder, if we were to simply replace Jorginho with Caicedo would that be enough to dramatically elevate our team? For me personally I think we obviously improve defensively and are harder to breeze through on counters but I’m not sure that’s enough for someone who could cost £75m.

If they accepted the £55m and we then went and signed another midfielder to partner him in the summer i’d say fair play. But £75m is the sort of cash you pay for a really special player.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

What kind of injuries did he have and how did he pick them up? 

Ehm, to be precise I have to look it up as much as you do. But I remember a few hamstring injuries that he picked up just by sprinting. Thats why im doubtful about his physique. Could well just be his young age, so lets hope he grows over it. No major knee or ankle injuries.

We are moving to 4231 so that means we'll need more attacking players. If everyone has a backup that is 8 attacking players needed. 

Mudryk 

Madueke 

Havertz 

Sterling 

Nkunku 

Let's say these 5 are certain for next season. We will see what's going to happen with Felix. Pulisic and Ziyech are clearly leaving. Auba is mistake and everyone knows it so for sure he won't be here either. Club as we heard sees Kai as number 10. One of Mount/Gallagher is staying so they can also occupy that position. Maybe we keep as squad players to fill the squad youngsters like Broja, Fofana, CC. 

3 hours ago, Sankaunited said:

I know youtube video highlights are not always respresentable. But I think this is pretty much what you get when hes fit. And he seems to stand up against bigger teams. 

Thank you.

He demonstrates a good hit, but his m.o. looks very predictable in these videos.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

He's still on our books. We don't want to go back to having a squad of 60+ with the current loan restrictions to boot.

Another PL club will definitely take a chance on CHO, just depends on whether he'd be willing to take a pay cut as no-one's paying him 120k a week