Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

13 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Consider that you don't really know the person. Some players look like cunts on the pitch, due to high aggression, and are amazing off of it. Others are super quiet off the pitch, and are trouble once it gets dark. 😃

For example, I personally think Luis Suarez was one of the best strikers I've seen play the game. While I totally buy that he's simpleton, I don't think he deserved the treatment he got in England. 

I'm assuming you are referring to the cultural differences for south Americans and the term "negrito"?

17 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'm assuming you are referring to the cultural differences for south Americans and the term "negrito"?

Regarding Suarez, yes. It’s getting better, I hear (been away to long to know), but still terms widely used and I’m not talking bar talk here.

Bradley Locko linked with Chelsea and sale could suit Brest this summer

Bradley Locko is having a very good season at Brest and there’s been some talk of Chelsea being interested in the 21-year-old left-back. Brest in general have been one of the surprise packages of Ligue 1, they’re having an incredible campaign and hopefully they can maintain that momentum until the end of the season.

Locko has undoubtedly been one of the team’s more impressive performers and it’s not surprising to see links with the likes of Chelsea and other big clubs, but I think it would be a very big jump for him to make the step up from Brest to a team like Chelsea right now.

The other thing to bear in mind is that Locko, despite having a fantastic season in the Brest defence, doesn’t really have the kind of European experience that you’d expect of somebody who goes and joins a club of the size of Chelsea. Obviously there’s no certainty that Chelsea will be playing in Europe next season, but at the same time that’s what the Blues aspire to do every season, and the big question mark at the moment is - is there a club better placed for Locko, so he can make that jump and then later move on to a top European side.

The potential is definitely there, but we’ll have to see if a move materialises this summer. It’s also worth pointing out that if Brest get European football next season then Locko can gain that experience there, but there might be an argument that it’s a good time for Brest to sell this summer so they can bring in some money and strengthen in multiple positions ahead of the challenge of playing in Europe, then they can be handsomely rewarded for the fantastic work they’ve done with him this season.

On 31/03/2024 at 09:09, Vesper said:

Bradley Locko linked with Chelsea and sale could suit Brest this summer

Bradley Locko is having a very good season at Brest and there’s been some talk of Chelsea being interested in the 21-year-old left-back. Brest in general have been one of the surprise packages of Ligue 1, they’re having an incredible campaign and hopefully they can maintain that momentum until the end of the season.

Locko has undoubtedly been one of the team’s more impressive performers and it’s not surprising to see links with the likes of Chelsea and other big clubs, but I think it would be a very big jump for him to make the step up from Brest to a team like Chelsea right now.

The other thing to bear in mind is that Locko, despite having a fantastic season in the Brest defence, doesn’t really have the kind of European experience that you’d expect of somebody who goes and joins a club of the size of Chelsea. Obviously there’s no certainty that Chelsea will be playing in Europe next season, but at the same time that’s what the Blues aspire to do every season, and the big question mark at the moment is - is there a club better placed for Locko, so he can make that jump and then later move on to a top European side.

The potential is definitely there, but we’ll have to see if a move materialises this summer. It’s also worth pointing out that if Brest get European football next season then Locko can gain that experience there, but there might be an argument that it’s a good time for Brest to sell this summer so they can bring in some money and strengthen in multiple positions ahead of the challenge of playing in Europe, then they can be handsomely rewarded for the fantastic work they’ve done with him this season.

He's going to be 22 next month with hardly any first team appearances nor any youth international appearances. 

Locko looks a good player - what we need.

Nico Williams is a no from me. Looks sloppy on the ball and just another runner at the moment in the vein of Mudryk. Need someone a bit more powerful on the ball. 

41 minutes ago, Thor said:

Nico Williams is a no from me. Looks sloppy on the ball and just another runner at the moment in the vein of Mudryk. Need someone a bit more powerful on the ball. 

So who (in terms of a right footed Left winger) would you go for?

Sure, Mbappe, Vini Jr, Leão, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (ambipedal), Rodrygo, Martinelli, Luis Díaz, or Doku would be fucking wonderful, but they are not coming here, no chance.

The other options left (If you remove Nico) are (and some are hard AF pulls):

Kingsley Coman (but soon 28 and injury prone, plus doesn't want to leave Bayern)

Ferran Torres

Anthony Gordon    (we had the chance, I would have him here)    

Diogo Jota    

Brennan Johnson    

Serge Gnabry   (soon 29yo though)

Mathys Tel    (just renewed with Bayern though, and is more of a CF anyway)

Bradley Barcola    (would love him here but he isnt leaving PSG as he now gets Mbappe's LW position)

Federico Chiesa    (never the same after his horrid knee injury)

João Félix (very unlikely to return)

Harvey Barnes

Kaoru Mitoma (massively tegressed, as predicted, and turns 28 next season)

Yéremy Pino (regressed massively and now has a major knee injury)

Ansu Fati (perma damaged goods ot so looks like)

Jamie Bynoe-Gittens (young wild card, he is HG)

Nathan Tella

56 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So who (in terms of a right footed Left winger) would you go for?

Sure, Mbappe, Vini Jr, Leão, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (ambipedal), Rodrygo, Martinelli, Luis Díaz, or Doku would be fucking wonderful, but they are not coming here, no chance.

The other options left (If you remove Nico) are (and some are hard AF pulls):

Kingsley Coman (but soon 28 and injury prone, plus doesn't want to leave Bayern)

Ferran Torres

Anthony Gordon    (we had the chance, I would have him here)    

Diogo Jota    

Brennan Johnson    

Serge Gnabry   (soon 29yo though)

Mathys Tel    (just renewed with Bayern though, and is more of a CF anyway)

Bradley Barcola    (would love him here but he isnt leaving PSG as he now gets Mbappe's LW position)

Federico Chiesa    (never the same after his horrid knee injury)

João Félix (very unlikely to return)

Harvey Barnes

Kaoru Mitoma (massively tegressed, as predicted, and turns 28 next season)

Yéremy Pino (regressed massively and now has a major knee injury)

Ansu Fati (perma damaged goods ot so looks like)

Jamie Bynoe-Gittens (young wild card, he is HG)

Nathan Tella

Can we not have a left footed left winger ?

51 minutes ago, lucio said:

Can we not have a left footed left winger ?

why are we not doing that now then?

we have an overload of left footed attacking players

I have listed them all many times before

Cole Palmer 
Diego Moreira  
Noni Madueke   
Ângelo   
Whisper Richards
Omari Hutchinson
Kendry Páez (in 15 months)

and IF Maatsen comes back, he is a lefty too (granted far more of a WB/LB)

plus we got rid of Ziyech

ALL of those are left footers

we need balance in terms of footedness

Sterling HAS to go, he is dogshit

that leaves Muddy as the only true winger who is a right footer

of the top 25 to 30 or so LWers in terms of valuation

ALL are right footers (or ambipedal in a very few cases) with two exceptions:

Mikel Oyarzabal (and he is basically ambipedal and DOES play a lot at RW over the years, plus they have the superb young left footer Takefusa Kubo at RW)

Sávio (he is also a bit ambipedal, plus Girona has the left footer Viktor Tsygankov at RW and shit for other LWers, so Savio is forced to play at LW)

plus you have 2 WC right footers (Rodrygo) or ambipedals (Dembele) playing out of postion at RW (granted more out of postion for Rodrygo than Dembele) due to Vini Jr and then Mbappe/Bradley Barcola at LW (plus with Asensio injured they have no other true RW options) respectively

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

After every game it's more and more obvious that our main transfer target should be WC CB. We can buy ten new strikers and wingers, but without some stability in the back we won't improve much.

What we should do regarding CBs:

Silva - thank you legend. Retirement or Brazil 

Badiashile - sell or loan 

Chalobah - it's clear he is not in plans and will be sold 

Disasi because is always available and fighter should stay but moved from first CB option to fourth. Plus you cannot change them all in one window. 

Colwill had difficult year with injuries and playing out of position but it's clear he is real deal just be patient with young player. 

Fofana, still have huge hope for him, will be back. Top talent. 

I can't see why Colwill-Fofana cannot be our Saliba-Gabriel. 

And buy another top CB, preferably experienced guy. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

What we should do regarding CBs:

Silva - thank you legend. Retirement or Brazil 

Badiashile - sell or loan 

Chalobah - it's clear he is not in plans and will be sold 

Disasi because is always available and fighter should stay but moved from first CB option to fourth. Plus you cannot change them all in one window. 

Colwill had difficult year with injuries and playing out of position but it's clear he is real deal just be patient with young player. 

Fofana, still have huge hope for him, will be back. Top talent. 

I can't see why Colwill-Fofana cannot be our Saliba-Gabriel. 

And buy another top CB, preferably experienced guy

Not sure where we get that. For me, I think Silva from Benfica is the one to get. I reckon he has a good chance of becoming WC in a couple of years. Need to get him and partner him with Colwill. After that allow Badi, Disasi and Fofana (too broken to be a CB1/2 - at best he becomes a Ledley King type player) to fight it out for CB 3/4. 

This said, we do need experience but I would choose to do that with a GK to guide the CB's in front of him. 

11 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Hope it doesn't happen. I'd rather get Sesko despite not being proven.

The more I see the of Osimhen, the more I become favorable. He is physical in his play. Something that is needed against PL center backs.