Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Odds are starting to move towards fairly high that Amorin is bindipper bound.

Think he is much beteer fit at Pool, his style is direct like Poch. think this Chelsea squad would benefit from a manager that favors positional and possession play. 

18 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Hope it doesn't happen. I'd rather get Sesko despite not being proven.

Sesko is basically like Broja. Big, strong, quick but a slow mind, eyes always on the  ball, never looking up. 
I am not 100% sold on any available striker but the more I see of Gyökeres the more I think he might be true better fit compared Osimhen. Also both are quite similar in height, physique, pace. The Nigerian is better in the air but the Swede is far superior technically. Could suit us better when we operate vs low blocks and in tight spaces 

Edited by Magic Lamps

46 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Can’t have admired him that much they fucking appointed Graham Potter ahead of him after getting rid of Tuchel.

I’m not sure he goes to us, Liverpool or Barca and does particularly well, could be wrong but just don’t see it. Just think that managing in Portugal at one of these top teams isn’t a sufficient stick to measure a supposed elite manager on these days but lets see. 

12 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The more I see the of Osimhen, the more I become favorable. He is physical in his play. Something that is needed against PL center backs. 

Paris St-Germain are willing to pay Victor Osimhen's reported £111.5m release clause to sign the Nigeria striker, 25, from Napoli this summer. (Corriere dello Sport - in Italian)

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Can’t have admired him that much they fucking appointed Graham Potter ahead of him after getting rid of Tuchel.

I’m not sure he goes to us, Liverpool or Barca and does particularly well, could be wrong but just don’t see it. Just think that managing in Portugal at one of these top teams isn’t a sufficient stick to measure a supposed elite manager on these days but lets see. 

It is obvious they liked Potter a lot, they were wrong about him but neverless they liked him a lot. 

Sporting CP isn't Porto and Benfica, they were up there with them until the 80s. Since then Portugal league has been dominated by two team, Amorim brought Sporting first league title in 20 years. 

Truth of the matter is that there is always risks and quite frankly given where Chelsea are at they have to take more risks since this is not the same Chelsea that could go out get the best manager available.

9 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Can someone tell me about Victor Guyokeres I see his name cropping up quite often, but I know fuck all about him.

record-chelsea-offered-85-million-for-vi

Gyökeres is a Stockholm born and raised (Hägersten area to be exact, which is pretty close to where we live, Södermalm) Swede of mixed Hungarian and Swedish descent (mostly Swedish, 3/4ers)

In the footsteps of Gyökeres in Stockholm

https://rr.sapo.pt/video/bola-branca/2024/03/06/na-pegada-de-gyokeres-em-estocolmo/380020/

Big strong lad, late bloomer (he turns 26 on June 4) and this is his first explosive topflight season

bdb45af5cbb88d672c3b7258af57ef38.png

Edited by Vesper

16 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sesko is basically like Broja. Big, strong, quick but a slow mind, eyes always on the  ball, never looking up. 
I am not 100% sold on any available striker but the more I see of Gyökeres the more I think he might be true better fit compared Osimhen. Also both are quite similar in height, physique, pace. The Nigerian is better in the air but the Swede is far superior technically. Could suit us better when we operate vs low blocks and in tight spaces 

Technical ability is everything. How can we expect these new players to gel if they are all chasing their first touch every time they receive the ball. We should be demand technical excellence from all our players like Barca and city do. Donkeys simply aren’t acceptable 

Chelsea and Arsenal blow as Napoli star Osimhen fuels PSG transfer speculation

https://football-italia.net/Chelsea-and-arsenal-blow-as-napoli-star-osimhen-fuels-psg-transfer-speculation/

Napoli star Victor Osimhen spent a few days in Paris earlier this week, fueling transfer speculations of a possible move to PSG at the end of the season.

Nigeria international Osimhen has fuelled speculations of a potential transfer to PSG with a trip to Paris with his daughter Hailey True.

As reported by Il Corriere dello Sport, the 25-year-old posted pictures and videos of his latest journey to the French capital on social media. According to the report, Osimhen travelled to Paris after Napoli’s 3-0 loss against Atalanta on Saturday, spending the Easter break with his family in France.

Corriere dello Sport already reported on Friday that PSG were leading the race to sign Osimhen at the end of the season as the ex-Lille striker is seen as an ideal replacement for Real Madrid-bound Kylian Mbappé.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United have also been linked with Osimhen, but according to Il Corriere dello Sport, PSG are the ‘closest’ side to match his €130m clause.

It is not the first time Osimhen has spent a few days off in Paris. The Nigerian star did the same last summer, and according to Calciomercato.com, this suggests that PSG are his favourite destination for next season.

1 hour ago, lucio said:

should go all out for him and his striker 

Next Liverpool manager: Edwards to ‘agree’ Ruben Amorim ‘deal in days’ as Sporting boss drops major hint

https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/next-reds-manager-edwards-agree-ruben-amorim-deal-in-days-sporting-boss-drops-major-hint

Liverpool are ‘confident’ of sealing the appointment of Ruben Amorim as their next manager in a matter of ‘days’ with the hunt for Jurgen Klopp’s successor set to reach an abrupt halt, according to bold new reports coming out of Portugal.

The Reds are stepping up their hunt to make the Portuguese coach the new manager at Anfield as the clock ticks down on Klopp’s glorious nine years at the helm. And while Liverpool hope to bring the curtain down on Klopp’s reign on a high as they chase a Treble-winning season to end his time at Anfield, work is furiously being stepped up behind the scenes over his successor.

From almost the first moment that Klopp announced his departure at the back end of January, that search had focused almost exclusively on Xabi Alonso, who has worked wonders in his first senior managerial role with Bayer Leverkusen.

However, TEAMtalk exclusively revealed back in February that Alonso would reject the top Anfield job, fearing it was coming too soon in his relatively-fledgling career. And those claims were finally confirmed by the 42-year-old himself, who last week made clear he has no intention of walking away from the hotseat of the Bundesliga champions-elect.

At the time, we revealed that Liverpool were also pushing strongly ahead with their pursuit for another option for the job in Amorim, who is also looking to become a domestic champion himself this season with Sporting Lisbon.

That hunt is now being led by Liverpool’s recently-appointed CEO of football, Michael Edwards, who is reportedly a huge admirer of the 39-year-old and having seemingly installed him as the perfect heir to Klopp on Merseyside.

Next Liverpool manager: Edwards nears Ruben Amorim appointment

Edwards is credited as the mastermind behind much of Liverpool’s success under Klopp, having agreed the deals to bring in Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino; their famed front three which led the way for much of the Reds’ recent successes.

He also struck the deal to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona for a deal reaching up to £142m, using the funds to make two more great Reds signings in Virgil van Dijk and Alisson Becker; deals which were transformative for Klopp at the time and still to this day are proving hugely influential.

Now Liverpool owners FSG will hope Edwards gets another major call right in his apparent choice to install Amorin as Klopp’s successor.

Amorim boasts an impressive 69.71 win percentage record with Sporting and, having led them to the Primeira Liga title in 2021, looks well placed for a repeat this season.

Indeed, his former midfielder Joao Palhinha has already indicated why Amorim is destined for the top in what many could perceive as a willingess to reunite with him at Anfield.

And now, according to Portuguese football expert Pedro Sepulveda, Edwards is ‘confident’ that a deal can ‘soon be agreed for Amorim’, with the 39-year-old himself ‘open’ to a move to Merseyside once the current season draws to a close.

Sepulveda claims that while negotiations are yet to begin between the two parties, they are expected to commence next week with an agreement set to be reached with Amorim’s entourage ‘in the next days’.

Personal terms and the length of the deal on offer – believed to be for an initial three years with the option of a fourth – will not be an issue.

Amorim drops massive hint over becoming Liverpool manager

Sporting, for their part, have a massive set of fixtures coming up in what will determine their title hopes, including Saturday evening’s title showdown against Benfica in a battle of first versus second.

As a result, Sepulveda claims Sporting hope Liverpool delay their approach for as long as possible to ensure focus is kept on matters in hand.

However, with Amorim himself indicating his interest in the upcoming vacancy, it seems Sporting have a near-impossible task of retaining his services.

Discussing his future on Friday, Amorim insists he cannot do what Xabi Alonso did and commit his future to his current employers.

“I cannot guarantee that I will stay at Sporting next season,” he said.

“I can’t say that like Xabi Alonso did.

“We have time to discuss my future, we will do that at the right time. Now focus on winning titles and then we will see what happens.”

Asked whether he will remain at the Jose Alvalade Stadium next season, Amorim replied: “No, I can’t guarantee that. Sporting are taking care of their future and I can’t make a decision because I have given my word so I can’t go back on it, which is if we don’t win titles, I will leave the club.

“That has always been very clear since the beginning and it was something I thought was important to tell my players because we have to win. First, we’ll win titles then we can decide [the future].”

Amorim’s exit clause at Sporting is set to €15m (£12.9m), with his deal at the capital club not due to expire until summer 2026.

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

Next Liverpool manager: Edwards to ‘agree’ Ruben Amorim ‘deal in days’ as Sporting boss drops major hint

https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/next-reds-manager-edwards-agree-ruben-amorim-deal-in-days-sporting-boss-drops-major-hint

Liverpool are ‘confident’ of sealing the appointment of Ruben Amorim as their next manager in a matter of ‘days’ with the hunt for Jurgen Klopp’s successor set to reach an abrupt halt, according to bold new reports coming out of Portugal.

The Reds are stepping up their hunt to make the Portuguese coach the new manager at Anfield as the clock ticks down on Klopp’s glorious nine years at the helm. And while Liverpool hope to bring the curtain down on Klopp’s reign on a high as they chase a Treble-winning season to end his time at Anfield, work is furiously being stepped up behind the scenes over his successor.

From almost the first moment that Klopp announced his departure at the back end of January, that search had focused almost exclusively on Xabi Alonso, who has worked wonders in his first senior managerial role with Bayer Leverkusen.

However, TEAMtalk exclusively revealed back in February that Alonso would reject the top Anfield job, fearing it was coming too soon in his relatively-fledgling career. And those claims were finally confirmed by the 42-year-old himself, who last week made clear he has no intention of walking away from the hotseat of the Bundesliga champions-elect.

At the time, we revealed that Liverpool were also pushing strongly ahead with their pursuit for another option for the job in Amorim, who is also looking to become a domestic champion himself this season with Sporting Lisbon.

That hunt is now being led by Liverpool’s recently-appointed CEO of football, Michael Edwards, who is reportedly a huge admirer of the 39-year-old and having seemingly installed him as the perfect heir to Klopp on Merseyside.

Next Liverpool manager: Edwards nears Ruben Amorim appointment

Edwards is credited as the mastermind behind much of Liverpool’s success under Klopp, having agreed the deals to bring in Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino; their famed front three which led the way for much of the Reds’ recent successes.

He also struck the deal to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona for a deal reaching up to £142m, using the funds to make two more great Reds signings in Virgil van Dijk and Alisson Becker; deals which were transformative for Klopp at the time and still to this day are proving hugely influential.

Now Liverpool owners FSG will hope Edwards gets another major call right in his apparent choice to install Amorin as Klopp’s successor.

Amorim boasts an impressive 69.71 win percentage record with Sporting and, having led them to the Primeira Liga title in 2021, looks well placed for a repeat this season.

Indeed, his former midfielder Joao Palhinha has already indicated why Amorim is destined for the top in what many could perceive as a willingess to reunite with him at Anfield.

And now, according to Portuguese football expert Pedro Sepulveda, Edwards is ‘confident’ that a deal can ‘soon be agreed for Amorim’, with the 39-year-old himself ‘open’ to a move to Merseyside once the current season draws to a close.

Sepulveda claims that while negotiations are yet to begin between the two parties, they are expected to commence next week with an agreement set to be reached with Amorim’s entourage ‘in the next days’.

Personal terms and the length of the deal on offer – believed to be for an initial three years with the option of a fourth – will not be an issue.

Amorim drops massive hint over becoming Liverpool manager

Sporting, for their part, have a massive set of fixtures coming up in what will determine their title hopes, including Saturday evening’s title showdown against Benfica in a battle of first versus second.

As a result, Sepulveda claims Sporting hope Liverpool delay their approach for as long as possible to ensure focus is kept on matters in hand.

However, with Amorim himself indicating his interest in the upcoming vacancy, it seems Sporting have a near-impossible task of retaining his services.

Discussing his future on Friday, Amorim insists he cannot do what Xabi Alonso did and commit his future to his current employers.

“I cannot guarantee that I will stay at Sporting next season,” he said.

“I can’t say that like Xabi Alonso did.

“We have time to discuss my future, we will do that at the right time. Now focus on winning titles and then we will see what happens.”

Asked whether he will remain at the Jose Alvalade Stadium next season, Amorim replied: “No, I can’t guarantee that. Sporting are taking care of their future and I can’t make a decision because I have given my word so I can’t go back on it, which is if we don’t win titles, I will leave the club.

“That has always been very clear since the beginning and it was something I thought was important to tell my players because we have to win. First, we’ll win titles then we can decide [the future].”

Amorim’s exit clause at Sporting is set to €15m (£12.9m), with his deal at the capital club not due to expire until summer 2026.

I think it is a good fit, but imo replacing Klopp is probably the toughest job. IMO there is not a manager who has squeezed more out of his players than Klopp.