Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

On 23/05/2021 at 22:39, Magic Lamps said:

pls just stop this RJ at RCB, Azpi at RWB BS. we have conceded every game we saw this shit.

Can anyone possibly explain what could be the rationale behind that? As an avid football fan I can't see the logic and if anything I'd have it the other way, because it would seem to be a more natural position for both players.

Thomas Tuchel unveils "full of joy" plan to lead Chelsea to Champions League final

Thomas Tuchel, who lost last season's Champions League final, is making special plans to keep his Chelsea players happy ahead of their showstopper against Man City

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/thomas-tuchel-unveils-full-joy-24174271

Thomas Tuchel of Chelsea during a press conference at Chelsea Training Ground

Thomas Tuchel has told his players to enjoy the biggest week of their lives.

Tuchel has even decided to give his players Tuesday as a day off to draw a line between the disappointment of losing at Aston Villa on Sunday - and then building up to the Champions League final.

Chelsea boss Tuchel said for many it will be a “dream come true” to play Manchester City on Saturday with the ultimate prize at stake and setting the right tone in the dressing room will be crucial to overcoming the team he regards as the best in Europe.

“I want them to be here on Wednesday full of joy because this is maybe one of their most exciting weeks in their whole lives as professional players,” said Tuchel.

“We are allowed to prepare a final in the Champions League and this is a dream come true, and this is the atmosphere we want to build.

“I’m not so sure what the headlines will be and what the points to focus will be. This will be decided as a team tomorrow.”

Tuchel reached the Champions League final last year but his Paris Saint Germain team lost to Bayern Munich.

Now is the chance to go one better but says they must beat the best team in Europe and overcome the best coach in the world.

Tuchel has twice beaten City this season - once at the Etihad and also in the FA Cup semi final - and they will start as underdogs but says they can pull off another surprise.

“Manchester City is clearly the benchmark of our league so it is the toughest opponent to play against and this is how it should be,” said Tuchel.

"We don't lose ourselves too much in thoughts like this. From the moments that the semi-finals were played it was clear this could happen but we focused totally on us. We arrived at the final, and that is an incredible achievement, and once you arrive you want to be at your very best.

“With City, and Pep on the other side, they are maybe at the moment the best team in Europe, maybe even in the world. It is on us again to close the gap for 90 minutes.

“The good thing is that we did it already. We played exactly this team in exactly the same circumstances a very short period of time ago, and this is for us the point to continue from and the point to make us believe.

“Football can be anything in final – of course, anything is possible in any direction. We want to push luck and destiny, and get this game on our side.”

Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic is the only player for the Blues to have Champions League winning experience but, despite being a substitute each time, was a bit part player in three successive trophies.

This time Kovacic hopes to start - but says just being involved is important in the Chelsea “family.”

Kovacic added: “It’s never easy but I played my part in the team which was to be there and if someone was injured or couldn’t play then I was there to help.

“At Chelsea, it’s a little bit different. It would be huge for me to play in a final, when I left Madrid, I said I would work very hard to reach a final, now thanks to God I have reached a final and we play a big game on Saturday.

“But the most important thing is that we win, it’s never important who will be star of the game, the most important thing is the team and I think Chelsea will show we are a family, we will do that on Saturday to be a team and to win a trophy.

“There is no fear because we love to play football. There is pressure. It will be tough. Tough opponent. City is a great team having a great season. They will be confident. But we will be as well.”

Edited by Vesper

Not sure feeling the joy haha! 

Also...I've got a sodding birthday meal thing out!! FFS! I swear when I looked at dates I either didn't think we'd make it so it didn't matter,didn't realise or thought it was in June!!!

Hopefully be sad I missed it rather then happy..

6 hours ago, DDA said:

I've never disliked City even with Pep being there and them winning everything but the way the media are hyping them up as Champions already.... I would love nothing more than to wipe the smirks off their faces. 

The worst comment I've seen was Danny Murphy saying that it 'would be a win for football'. Ridiculous stuff.

Also, I do have a dislike City not because they are terrible, but on the contrary. They've been slowly eclipsing some of our best records in the history of the premier league, including the highest number of points per season, and the most goals scored in a season.

They've been quietly stealing our thunder over the past few years., while never drawing the same kind of flak that Chelsea did for transfers, etc.

5 hours ago, Ryebread said:

It’s not an either or. I get it, your a Werner fan. I am not. I rate pulisic. You don’t. A few weeks ago supporters were looking to dump Werner. Now he’s back in fashion for some strange reason. How many sitters has this guy missed? How many shots has he skyed over the bar? It makes me sick to think about it. 

Not wading into the Pulisic debate, but as far as Werner goes, he's in the team for his movement and the avenues he creates for the team. His tireless running into dangerous areas isn't matched by anyone else. I don't think anyone is expecting him to score a hat trick out of nowhere.

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

THey have been at it since before the final, the media would utterly love it if city won, they would hail them as THE best ever, just last season pool were THE best ever. Bunch of kids with huge chip on their shoulders as far as we are concerned. We must win, we must make them suffer.

City regardless, I wouldn't give a crap about who we were facing.

This is the 3rd CL final of Chelsea's history., and it's been 2 years since the last trophy.

Getting to a final like this is a special event, and you shouldn't play if you weren't in it to win. Don't care about what tactics we employ, shithousery or attacking dominance. Just win.

It's the best thing that can boost the mentality of the younger players in the squad.

7 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Also, I do have a dislike City not because they are terrible, but on the contrary. They've been slowly eclipsing some of our best records in the history of the premier league, including the highest number of points per season, and the most goals scored in a season.

They've been quietly stealing our thunder over the past few years., while never drawing the same kind of flak that Chelsea did for transfers, etc.

They are way better funded and managed than we are as well. That's the difference to our rivalry to ManUtd. IMO we always had the better team 2004-2013 and should have dominated but our lack of stability and their fergie/ManUre bonus dragged them over lthe line half the time. Their football sucked the major balls and the glazers slowly but steadily ruined their club but they had legendary coach.

ManCity dont have that much of a helping hand from refs and the general football establishment as ManUre and Liverpool and still made it.ManCity are basically the club we should have become with a more consistent strategic approach. Not that they have not botched some transfers themselves but they usually bought consistently and evolved thier profile more continuously same goes for their hiring of coaches. Not identical philosophies but Mancini,pelegrini, pep all stayed longer on average than the coaches we had in the meantime and their philosophies and recruitment policies were at least somewhat similar. If we had not wasted huge amounts of funds in the wrong players, maybe kept around some of our coaches a little longer instead of hiring quick fixed andhad used the moments of strength after our league titles accordingly we would be up there not them.

8 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Not wading into the Pulisic debate, but as far as Werner goes, he's in the team for his movement and the avenues he creates for the team. His tireless running into dangerous areas isn't matched by anyone else. I don't think anyone is expecting him to score a hat trick out of nowhere.

I expect him to put in sitters. Moving around a lot is way down on the job requirement list for me.

Tuchel has built the attack around a malfunctioning Werner. We are simply not scoring enough goals. That’s his number one job. He doesn’t pick a decent pass. He doesn’t go at people and create consistently. Surely, we can do better than just running fast and running into channels. 

9 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

The worst comment I've seen was Danny Murphy saying that it 'would be a win for football'. Ridiculous stuff.

I find it disgraceful that a paid so called pundit can spew such horse shit out, its fucking small time. I would have ripped him a new one right there......a win for football, yeah go fuck yourself danny.

9 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

They have unlimited budget, ffp cant touch them, fa loves them, have a WC manager who has spent 500M on his defence alone, media loves and hail them, they never get shafted by the pgmol and they have arab owners......perfect mix.

14 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I find it disgraceful that a paid so called pundit can spew such horse shit out, its fucking small time. I would have ripped him a new one right there......a win for football, yeah go fuck yourself danny.

They have unlimited budget, ffp cant touch them, fa loves them, have a WC manager who has spent 500M on his defence alone, media loves and hail them, they never get shafted by the pgmol and they have arab owners......perfect mix.

Despite having all of that, they are still a soulless club. 

Edited by DDA